( search forums )
World Cup Fantasy Football
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Lounge
flab
May 18, 2006, 3:04 pm
The 9th June is nearly upon us, which for some (well only me) means 3 weeks of exams before flying to Germany for a month of drunkeness. For others it means 3 weeks of exams before watching drunken flab in fights on TV :>

For all those interested there is a World Cup Fantasy Football available here: http://fantasyfootball.metro.co.uk

Basically you have 100 credits to spend on the players who will be in the tournament this year. Then once the World Cup starts your players earn points for stuff (like scoring goals, clean sheets, etc)

I've created a private league for soldat players. If you wish to join then just pm me on TNL forums, or ask me on IRC or MSN.

I'm running it from TNL forums: http://forums.tnl.org.uk/viewtopic.php?t=1860

Sorry for the spam.

Glhf!

Echo_Trail
May 19, 2006, 8:23 am
offtopic: OMG! 'tis FliesLikeABrick's alter ego - flab!!!

Ontopic: "A gentle breeze blows in the deserted hall of Ourn2Pec!"

flab
May 19, 2006, 11:02 am
Yeah I guess a yank forum wasn't the best place to advertise Fantasy Football :(

I bet they don't even know they have a team at the World Cup o.O

Deleted User
May 19, 2006, 12:08 pm
You mean soccer right?

North America: Soccer
Europe: Football

shoover
May 19, 2006, 12:35 pm
What does europe call there "football" game

TheFunktopus
May 19, 2006, 3:55 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by shooverWhat does europe call there "football" game

Football, you [CENSORED].

Deleted User
May 19, 2006, 6:10 pm
well actually, we north americans are kinda stupid because we call is soccer.....even though what soc?

SuperKill
May 19, 2006, 7:00 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by shooverWhat does europe call there "football" game

oh my god.

anyway;
OMG
???????????!
FLAB THE FATS?
FTF
FTF
FTF
FTF
FTF
FTF

FTTFFFTFTFFTTFTFTFFTFTFTFTTTFFTTFFTFTFFTTFTFTFFTFTFTFFTFTFFTFTTFF
TFFTTFTFTFFTFTFTFFTFTFFTFTFFTFFTTFFFTFTFFTTFTFTFFTFTFTFTTFFFTF
TTFFTFTFFTFTFFFTFTTFFTTFTFTFTTFFTTFFTFTFFTTFTFFTTFFTFTFTFTFTFTTFFTFT

Ok
May 19, 2006, 7:08 pm
yeah that made sense...
anyhow, the question isn't why they call european football => soccer.
the question is: why do they call a game you use your HANDS to hold the ball ==> "FOOTball".

The Geologist
May 19, 2006, 7:20 pm
The question is: Why can't any of you seem to focus on the topic? It takes two seconds to realize the difference, not worth lingering on and on when I know people will just turn it into another "Americans vs Euro" fest.

Anyhoo...what's the appeal of fantasty sports? Why not just go grab a ball and play the real thing, or hang out with the buds and go to a game?

?
May 19, 2006, 7:32 pm
True very true, nothing beats a nice game of tackle football in a big field with friends

SuperKill
May 19, 2006, 7:46 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by Okyeah that made sense...

that blabber of mine has more sense in it than most of your threads, hombre.

Ok
May 19, 2006, 8:02 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by The GeologistAnyhoo...what's the appeal of fantasty sports? Why not just go grab a ball and play the real thing

Because you might get too into it and try to pull something you physicly can't then make a jump you thought physicly impossible and land right on your writing hand's elbow, breaking its most valuable part right in the middle of an important course you're doing also missing a great party you were suposed to attend that night!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So yes! fantasy sports are much better than real sports !!!

....theoraticly speaking ofcourse.. :S

Quote:Originally posted by SuperKill Quote:Originally posted by Okyeah that made sense...

that blabber of mine has more sense in it than most of your threads, hombre.

Hey guess what, that reffered to the fact flab posted this in a yank forum... but hey its good to show your true paranoiac feelings about yourself.

Quote:Originally posted by SuperKill

that blabber of mine ..

flab
May 19, 2006, 8:58 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by The Geologist
Anyhoo...what's the appeal of fantasty sports? Why not just go grab a ball and play the real thing, or hang out with the buds and go to a game?
Just a bit of lighthearted online fun. Obviously its not the same as playing football, in fact fantasy football is totally different. It's the ultimate test of footballing knowledge. Which goalkeeprs will have the most cleansheets? Which defences will conceed fewest goals? Which midfielders will set up the most goals? Which strikers will score the most? :)

Edit: I didn't intend this to be an America vs Euro flame thread, sorry.
SKTF
SKTF
SKTF
SKTF
SKTF
SKTF
SKTF
SKTF
<3

Ok
May 19, 2006, 11:02 pm
In other words its a perfect game for those "wannabes" who got into sports just to be one of the guys but never touched a ball in their lifes :)
And yes its a good game for those who do both as well.. just saying.....
I have a friend like that, maybe I should give him the link :)

Echo_Trail
May 20, 2006, 10:02 am
 Quote:Originally posted by Okanyhow, the question isn't why they call european football => soccer.
the question is: why do they call a game you use your HANDS to hold the ball ==> "FOOTball".

Soccer is originally a Brittish sport, invented in the times before times.. It's called football all over Europe, because you in fact use your FEET to move the ball around.

Geez, Ok, did you actually ever see a match? Only the keeper can use his hands, since it would be pretty darn difficult otherwise.
The American idea of football was brought over by the Irish. It's a mixup between rugby and soccer, and as everything else, The Americans have now claimed it to be theirs. It is now known all over the world as American Football.

In short:

Europe: ...............................US:
Football................................Soccer
American Football.................Football

Get it?

SuperKill
May 20, 2006, 11:22 am
echo i'm pretty sure he was talking about FOOTBALL as in AMERICAN FOOTBALL, and not SOCCER.
[CENSORED]ing hell this is too confusing.
i'll try to make it abit more clear for you;
he means - why do they call a game (american football), that you use your HANDS to hold the ball and move with it, FOOTball?

get it? that's the question. why is the 'HUT HUT HUT!' game called FOOTBALL when you use your hands to use the ball?
[CENSORED]ing [CENSORED] [CENSORED]ers

Deleted User
May 20, 2006, 11:17 pm
I like soccer and football

Ok
May 21, 2006, 1:20 am
Yea SK got it.. actually I think everyone got it.. 'ccept u.

So you don't say.. football is originated from the irish ppl.. not surprising though.

How exactly is it a merge of rogby and soccer I have no idea, other than that kick that u get to have at times, what the hell does it have to do with soccer.. I actualy have no idea what's the difference betwin rogby and football other than those rogby nutcases don't ware protection like those american pussies. :)

Pulp
May 22, 2006, 2:35 am
Looks interesting ( reminds me to the similar multiplay cyclingmanagers ( about Tour de France ))... if I somehow have internet on my place again before the beginning of june, I'll sign up. :)

flab
May 24, 2006, 8:12 am
 Quote:Originally posted by OkIn other words its a perfect game for those "wannabes" who got into sports just to be one of the guys but never touched a ball in their lifes :)

Psh, it's not a matter of 'playing pro' or 'not playing footy at all'. I don't think people realise the number of football teams there are in the UK. Aside from the top 5 tiers of the English League (Premiership down to Conference) there is the National League System with well over 40,000 clubs taking part in a regular season. To get an idea of how many leagues there are: http://www.thepyramid.info/pyramid/Pyramid2.htm

Quote:Originally posted by OkI actualy have no idea what's the difference betwin rogby and football other than those rogby nutcases don't ware protection like those american pussies. :)
I used to think the same, untill I played the Madden games on PS2 :D Now I'm hooked on American Football, follow the season as much as I can and watched the last few Superbowls :>

Anyway, got a fair few teams signed up to the league, but most are Poles who I don't even know. This kinda fell flat on its ass here though, damn English-haters :<

P.S. Seb: it only takes 5 mins! :)

X¬Rã¥
May 24, 2006, 8:33 am
Im guessing im the only aussie in this thread because here football is considered as AFL. The Australian Football League. Much better then soccer and american football. Heres a picture of AFL getting played:

[URL]

m00`
May 24, 2006, 9:04 am
lol Australia is gonna lose the first round of the world cup