May 18, 2006, 10:00 pm
Just some pics to show off :D

[IMAGE]

[IMAGE]

the troop transporter is almost completly made with polys:
[IMAGE]

The Geologist
May 18, 2006, 10:04 pm
:O Another awe-some map, even if is just a few teaser pics. Your rocks look sexxah (aside from a few minor structural issues ;D)

Any idea about the release date?

Soulsnipa
May 18, 2006, 10:18 pm
eh lets see the final product before i say nething

Avarax
May 18, 2006, 10:22 pm
map will be ready tomorrow... hopefully :)

KamikazeDuck
May 18, 2006, 10:55 pm
That looks really good!
Rocks look great.
Tunnels look great.
And there are heaps of little details.

Upload it and hopefully it has gameplay to match.

rabidhamster
May 18, 2006, 11:24 pm
On the first pic, the background crates look too... far away. Bring down the opacity.

Other than that, it's quite nice.

Eagles_Arrows
May 18, 2006, 11:25 pm
polytank FTW!!!

papasurf31
May 19, 2006, 12:06 am
To make boxes appear in the background, try also making them darker as well as translucent.

Otherwise, it looks decent, although I think you really need to learn some multi-texturing.

KamikazeDuck
May 19, 2006, 5:43 am
That tank is made out of polygons?

Well that is just showing off :|

Soulsnipa
May 19, 2006, 9:21 am
You sure thats not scenery....Thats a ton of smallllll polygons. Hats off if it is, but It doesnt appear that all of it is. Def the wheels.

I dont necessarily care for the pebbled rocks, somehow it should look better, perhaps using grey instead of a red or something. needs more bulk doesnt look like it could support the upper part

I never really was a big fan of these types of maps, but you seem to enjoy them. It looks pretty decent otherwise.

Avarax
May 19, 2006, 1:58 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by SoulsnipaYou sure thats not scenery....Thats a ton of smallllll polygons. Hats off if it is, but It doesnt appear that all of it is. Def the wheels.

I'm sure, but you're right, the wheels are scenery... but there arent any small polys that would hinder the gameplay, theres is basicly the rough structure made of "normal" polys and the details made with "doesnt collide" polys.

Quote:Originally posted by Soulsnipa
I dont necessarily care for the pebbled rocks, somehow it should look better, perhaps using grey instead of a red or something. needs more bulk doesnt look like it could support the upper part

no, they are red in the original map, so i'll keep the red here too:
[URL]

@papasurf: i know how to multitexture but i just dont like it.

@rabidhamster: i'll give them a little more opacity

papasurf31
May 19, 2006, 2:18 pm
The textures you use are so drab and lifeless though. The only difference from rocks and teh walls of the bulding are the colors. If some other testures were applied, it'd be much more unique and discernable.

DeMonIc
May 19, 2006, 2:29 pm
It looks rad, but do use a different texture ( something more rough ) that goes well with the militia-feeling. Like rustedmetal, or something.

MOFO NOFO
May 21, 2006, 5:11 am
This is awesome

Ivel
May 27, 2006, 4:16 pm
I luv this map.... <3