( search forums )
WIP Mod: Futuristic+Realistic
Soldat Forums - Soldat Interface Mods & Mod Making - General Discussions
ArmadonRK
May 19, 2006, 12:36 am
EDIT: WIP Mod Name
Unit Cell: 2050

A friend of mine and I started work on a mod a while ago, but only recently have we really gotten into it.
The mod is meant to take pace in the near future, with some concepts that meld creative liberty and realism.

The mod is going to be a total conversion (sounds, graphics, weapon mod, interface, etc), and is meant to change the way the game is played, so as to differentiate from Soldat.

The mod's main differences from Soldat are it's weapon's, which are more powerful, more accurate, and faster firing, trying to keep the statistics as close to real life as possible, while also providing fun gameplay.

I've been fiddling with graphics for a while, but I figure I want to get the weapon mod right first, so I can match weapon data with the appropriate sprite later.

UPDATE: Edited M82 to use bullets again. Attempts to make a good medkit weapon were unsuccessful.
I've gotten the XF-31 (AK) and FN CL-AR (Steyr) graphics pretty much done. Now it's just a matter of getting my modding partner to pick the design he likes best for each.

So here's the current WIP of the .ini for this mod:

[USSOCOM]
//An upgrade of the Mk23 SOCOM, the Mk24 uses more powerful loads of .45ACP to achieve Magnum performance.
Damage=151
FireInterval=8
Ammo=11
ReloadTime=65
Speed=243
BulletStyle=1
StartUpTime=0
Bink=0
MovementAcc=1

[Ak-74]
//The Crossfire [fictional arms manufacturer] XF-31 uses .310 Magnum to be the first Magnum powered assault rifle on the market. While using older, casing-style rifle rounds, it has high power despite a low ROF and clip capacity.
Damage=158
FireInterval=5
Ammo=20
ReloadTime=150
Speed=400
BulletStyle=1
StartUpTime=0
Bink=-75
MovementAcc=15

[Steyr AUG]
//The FN CAR (Caseless Assault Rifle) was the first commercial assault rifle to use caseless ammunition, and even in a now saturated market, leads the way in caseless technology. Caseless technology allows for a high ROF and high clip capacity, whiile the 5.56 NATO inflicts damage militaries are accustomed to.
Damage=143
FireInterval=3
Ammo=45
ReloadTime=115
Speed=300
BulletStyle=1
StartUpTime=0
Bink=-33
MovementAcc=10

[Spas-12]
//Semi-Automatic shotgun, good for long range, better for CQB
Damage=160
FireInterval=16
Ammo=7
ReloadTime=175
Speed=137
BulletStyle=3
StartUpTime=0
Bink=-25
MovementAcc=7

[Barret M82A1]
//A 15.2mm APFSDS round, extremely accurate, and uses the DS system to deliver tank piercing kinetic energy to the target.
//Powerful .338 Lapua Magnum Sniper Rifle
Damage=550
FireInterval=120
Ammo=5
ReloadTime=300
Speed=700
BulletStyle=1
StartUpTime=0
Bink=90
MovementAcc=100

The M82 mod I will probably end up making a bullet again, and a later stage.

[FN Minimi]
//Squad Automatic Weapon, suppressive fire.
Damage=115
FireInterval=3
Ammo=100
ReloadTime=360
Speed=300
BulletStyle=1
StartUpTime=0
Bink=-30
MovementAcc=25

[M72 LAW]
//Double-Barrel rocket launcher, fires two consecutive rockets, and is then reloaded via two-rocket cartridge (ala Halo). Brief charge time, quick followup shot.
Damage=150000
FireInterval=21
Ammo=2
ReloadTime=540
Speed=275
BulletStyle=12
StartUpTime=37
Bink=10
MovementAcc=100

Remember, everything here is WIP. Some guns are subject to tweaking, while others are subject to complete rehauls.
Please give me your opinions, and take into consideration that I am looking for these weapons to kill quickly, and in few hits, to change the feel of the game.

Yes, the TC mod will include maps to complement to the new style of play we hope for.

*other notes* A medkit is planned to replace the knife. Also, a fullauto, 21 round 9mm pistol was planned as a secondary for snipers, but until we find a slot to put it in, it will stay out.
Sniper MovementAcc is planned to be increased, speed increased, damage decreased. Minimi clip size is planned to be increased to 200 after more testing and bink has not yet been tested.

Thank you all for oyur input,
Trey ArmadonRK

UPDATE:
A couple of things to say here. First off, the images.
These are just a blown up preview of quite a few guns I've got done. The ones I have shown here arejust one version of each, I have many attachments, silencers, scopes, taclights, stocks, magazines, and doodads for all of the guns I've done so far, but this should give you an idea as to the general shape and quality of the weapons. Comments and criticism appreciated.
[IMAGE]

On the WM note, on our "Internal Beta", so to speak, we have made the sniper BulletType=1 because the grenade thing just didn't work out.
Right now I'm getting sounds together, mixing and matching, and tweaking lengths so i can get good reload timse and fire intervals for each weapon.

papasurf31
May 23, 2006, 10:39 pm
Hrmm, The design is good, but don't use black in anywhere but the outline. Also, It' looks better if you outline everything with black (only the outside). Try adding a few more shades of grey in there. From personal experience using a little bluish/greenish/reddish tint can make guns feel different and more lively.