May 19, 2006, 10:33 pm
[IMAGE]

AAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

rabidhamster
May 19, 2006, 11:48 pm
wireless is funny like that

Milkman Dan
May 20, 2006, 1:14 am
I haven't had any real problems with my wireless....

shoover
May 20, 2006, 1:16 am
I second on that Milkman

?
May 20, 2006, 5:40 am
i love it i finally have internet in my room

Deleted User
May 20, 2006, 6:39 am
but mine cuts out all the time ;-;

Elephant_Hunter
May 20, 2006, 8:34 am
Here are some tips (I'm a technician and have to set up wireless every day.)

First off, install SP2! It's not required, but it sure as hell helps out.
If you're on wireless network that requires an encryption key, be sure that you entered the key correctly. Go ahead and type it in again for giggles. Your network key is probably wrong if Windows gets stuck on renewing the IP address.
Turn the signal strength up all the way on your modem. If your wireless modem has an ethernet connection, connect there temporarily, open up IE, and go to the gateway (most likely an IP address like 192.168.1.1) All the settings can be configured there.
Change the wireless channel if you're still having problems. Sometimes baby monitors or cordless phones will interfere with the wireless network.
Last resort: Call up the company that makes the modem. Most of the time they'll be able to get you up and surfing without problems.

bja888
May 20, 2006, 11:12 am
http://sewelldirect.com/Cat5eCable150Foot.asp

Deleted User
May 20, 2006, 1:22 pm
will wireless internet be slower if there is a wall and a closet and some stuff between the modem and the PC?

FliesLikeABrick
May 20, 2006, 3:45 pm
usually not, but if your home is made out of steel and concrete then you may see a dip in wireless signal quality

May 20, 2006, 4:33 pm
Put a password on your connection. The last thing you want (if you live close to your neighbours)is people sapping your connection. I've done it a couple of time, and slow as it may be, the neighbours nearly came after me. Lucky for me, we have a magnetic gate system based on apartment blocks.

Deleted User
May 20, 2006, 10:59 pm
Alright, i did what elephant hunter and 117 suggested.
And it still cuts out all the time. I miss having my interwebs connected to a wire. Although i have to admit it's been behaving well today, yesterday it was a living hell. Plus, wireless is horrible for games, and, as you may be able to guess, i play soldat. Constant lag spikes + connection problems = ;-;

vash763
May 21, 2006, 12:37 am
My microwave cuts out my wireless connection.

-VzX- Silverflame
May 21, 2006, 10:05 am
 Quote:Originally posted by shooverI second on that Milkman

i 3rd on that, nothing can cut my wireless connection unless i purposely d/c it (why would i even do that ;_; )

Captain Ben
May 21, 2006, 12:55 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by 117Put a password on your connection. The last thing you want (if you live close to your neighbours)is people sapping your connection. I've done it a couple of time, and slow as it may be, the neighbours nearly came after me. Lucky for me, we have a magnetic gate system based on apartment blocks.

Hahahhaha, I'm a leech so I do that... It's also so much fun playing random people at the airport with my DS and PSP. I can just sit there with the connection up and waiting and I'll have someone to play with in virtually minutes. It's a bit freaky though when they come up to you and say 'good game' (its happened a couple of times :0).