( search forums )
LAW trigger
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
zyxstand
May 20, 2006, 4:34 am
when firing the law, pressing the fire button again should make the rocket explode wherever it may be. I don't know just HOW useful this will be but it will have some benefits, i believe.

Quote:Originally posted by rabidhamsterwhen you release the fire button, it [explodes].

AAHH wait - what if you don't want the rocket to explode in mid-air?

let's just stick with mine, where a second click denotes the rocket's explosion!

Echo_Trail
May 20, 2006, 9:50 am
I don't think it would be very usefull, but it would be fun as hell :D

Or maybe we could do a sort of 'guided missile' thing. As you move the cursor, it would slightly turn either way. Very little though, just enough to maybe correct it a bit.

Dragon Reborn
May 20, 2006, 1:15 pm
Sounds like fun. Imagine the mass suicides with noobs!! *gleeful smile*

rabidhamster
May 20, 2006, 2:28 pm
This isn't realistic at all, but maybe when you release the fire button, it kersplodes. That way, it's one swift movement. Press down, LAW shoots, release, missile explodes.

TACKLEbeast666
May 20, 2006, 5:02 pm
yea release is better, so you don't have to click second time. but uh make sure it explodes anyway upon impact..i don't wanna see my law missle passing through the enemy soldier because i didn't see him.

iDante
May 20, 2006, 11:19 pm
I think there should be a secondary gun that gets 1 or 2 shots (CANT RELOAD) where when fired you stand still while the rocket becomes temporarily the center of your vision and you can guide it with the cursor.

Deleted User
May 20, 2006, 11:23 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by rabidhamsterThis isn't realistic at all, but maybe when you release the fire button, it kersplodes. That way, it's one swift movement. Press down, LAW shoots, release, missile explodes.

i like this the most.

Drink Bloody Water
May 21, 2006, 11:46 pm
this is realistic, its like a joystick bomb.

rabidhamster
May 22, 2006, 12:31 am
The only thing is, the real-life M72 LAW does not have a remote detonation on each missile.

Deleted User
May 22, 2006, 1:17 am
so basically you want the rocket launcher from half-life and half-life 2?....i like it :)
Of course it needs to detonate on impact with another soldat tho

Deleted User
May 22, 2006, 3:53 am
 Quote:Originally posted by Sethamundoso basically you want the rocket launcher from half-life and half-life 2?....i like it :)
Of course it needs to detonate on impact with another soldat tho

Yeah, if it didn't do that then i would abandon the law altogether. XD

Deleted User
May 22, 2006, 4:54 am
same here..im used to be 100% pure knife..but ever since the charge up i explored..now i use them all a LOT..depends on map a lot..socom pwns tho a lot

-Arbalest-
May 22, 2006, 11:43 pm
To make it more practical I suggest once this idea is implemented we make LAW like a Barret meaning that upon launch the screen will follow the rocket's trajectory. This way we can detonate the rocket upon proximity of enemies multiple screens away.

Jermies
May 23, 2006, 6:49 am
The law only goes about 2 screens anyways... (45 degree angle)

GNU
May 23, 2006, 7:04 am
Sounds like a fun idea, but if it was implemented the Law's re-load time should be longer since it's a distinct advantage.

MOFO NOFO
May 23, 2006, 7:08 am
This isnt really an advantage, if you have to release...

GNU
May 23, 2006, 7:12 am
The advantage is in the mid-air detonation, even if you miss the Soldat you can still cause splash damage/slow them down a fair bit by exploding it near them.

Jermies
May 23, 2006, 7:13 am
Don't you reckon the reload is already long enough?

GNU
May 23, 2006, 7:15 am
It is, but a slight adjustment couldn't hurt... if the whole exploding missile thing was possible. Otherwise the secondaries would be a little unbalanced.

Tybs
May 23, 2006, 2:27 pm
The advantage of being able to make the missile explode at any chosen moment, is being "disadvantaged" by the fact that ur soldat is standing still all the time the missile is ingame... making u an extremely easy target.
Good suggestion, and if its implemented there is no need to increase the reload time.

GNU
May 24, 2006, 1:55 am
I suppose, I was only thinking of the advantage in a CTF scenario, and even then it would only be advantageous at the start of the map when everyone is charging and you can be pretty sure where the enemy is going to be. No need to increase reload time.

It is an awesome suggestion and would be fun if implemented.

Raptor
May 24, 2006, 3:08 am
It would be difficult since the bullet moves very fast x__X

GNU
May 24, 2006, 3:11 am
That's why it would be so crazy fun!

Raptor
May 24, 2006, 3:19 am
Well, having in mind that Soldat is a fast paced game, it's true xD