( search forums )
Easy Accuracy
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Bounty Hunter Guy
May 20, 2006, 12:33 pm
Ok, personally I think shooting should be easier then what it is. I aim correctly, shoot and bullets fly everywhere, randomly. Personally, I think the bullet goes where your aiming.

I know alot of you Soldat experts will say "it's easy enough", but honestly, it isn't.

Deleted User
May 21, 2006, 8:34 am
I'm not a super-great shot but come on.

Deleted User
May 21, 2006, 8:56 am
Err.. if all weapons were perfectly accurate then that would destroy the weapon balance.

Not all weapons are accurate.

Deleted User
May 21, 2006, 12:17 pm
Mod it yourself.

...God I hate that sentence.

Melba
May 21, 2006, 12:45 pm
It's "self-bink". It was implemented a short while ago for the reasons you do not want it ;)

person
May 21, 2006, 2:00 pm
The vast majority of people preferred 1.2/.1 (which didn't have the random bs); but we have to put up with whatever the beta testers want now.

Deleted User
May 21, 2006, 2:50 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by personThe vast majority of people preferred 1.2/.1 (which didn't have the random bs); but we have to put up with whatever the beta testers want now.

Yes, that's why over 90% of Soldat servers out there are using 1.3.1 and are generally unmodded.

Dark_Noddy
May 21, 2006, 8:01 pm
I still think auto aim and homing bullets are a great Idea >_<

rhide
May 21, 2006, 9:27 pm
I think you shouldnt be able to miss a single shot. Soldat shouldnt be about shooting, it should be about hiding. Oh, and camping should of course be illegal, as well as capturing the flag to score in CTF.

And seriously.... come on!? I always play realistic, with no weapon mod, it IS easy enough. >_>

Eagles_Arrows
May 21, 2006, 9:41 pm
Every tried firing an MP5 in real life? Quote:Soldat shouldnt be about shooting, it should be about hiding.
That sounded stupid.

rabidhamster
May 21, 2006, 10:22 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by Bounty Hunter GuyI aim correctly, shoot and bullets fly everywhere, randomly.
If you fire an mp5 in real life, it would be very difficult to maintain accuracy throughout the entire clip, unless you fired in bursts. Even then, it would be very difficult, but still easier than holding down the trigger. Am I right?

Soldat simulates this by weakening your accuracy the longer you hold down the fire button. If you fire in quick bursts, your accuracy will not be hindered. By the way, try going into crouch or prone for firing. On top of that, do not move and fire in bursts. Voila, you have perfect accuracy.

Aim in Soldat is about skill.

SERIAL KILLeR
May 21, 2006, 10:37 pm
shoot in bursts to increase your accuracy

wormdundee
May 21, 2006, 11:20 pm
If I could see you right now I would kill you BHGuy.

Saying that bullets should go exactly where the cursor is, is dumb as hell.
I mean cmon, the cursor isn't even necessary. I took it out of the game because it got in the way.

It most definitely is easy enough to aim.

iDante
May 21, 2006, 11:29 pm
wow... that would totally wreck the weapons and everything... they are good as they are now.

TACKLEbeast666
May 22, 2006, 12:02 am
this is the dumbest topic ever.
i think untill mankinda can invent that kind of firearm accuracy, we shouldn't play games like that huh?

of course, halo is set in the future, so the recoil is much less.

Deleted User
May 22, 2006, 1:13 am
But is soldat halo now?....hmm????

TACKLEbeast666
May 22, 2006, 1:58 am
nope, therefore his idea is wrong and we're right :)

GNU
May 22, 2006, 2:27 am
What's with the comparisons to real life?

When was the last time you saw someone fly through the air with 'jet-boots' while carrying a minigun twice thier weight in real life?

Never.

The self-bink was implemented to decrease spray (not that it worked)
Most people have accepted it as part of the game, learn to aim.

rabidhamster
May 22, 2006, 2:31 am
 Quote:Originally posted by rabidhamster Quote:Originally posted by Bounty Hunter GuyI aim correctly, shoot and bullets fly everywhere, randomly.
If you fire an mp5 in real life, it would be very difficult to maintain accuracy throughout the entire clip, unless you fired in bursts. Even then, it would be very difficult, but still easier than holding down the trigger. Am I right?

Soldat simulates real life by weakening your accuracy the longer you hold down the fire button. If you fire in quick bursts, your accuracy will not be hindered. By the way, try going into crouch or prone for firing. On top of that, do not move and fire in bursts. Voila, you have perfect accuracy.

Hmm?

TACKLEbeast666
May 22, 2006, 4:44 am
actually in real life, a bullet does not travel 50 times its range and hit exactly where the gun head is pointing at.

and the unbelievable recoil....

Jermies
May 22, 2006, 6:57 am
MP5s aren't meant to be used long-range anyways... in RL or soldat.

?
May 22, 2006, 7:06 am
Soldat = aiming Really everything else like jets and such at small factors, making aiming easier would just cause for more complaining about this gun or that gun is for newbs.

Bounty Hunter Guy
May 22, 2006, 7:18 am
Hmm, I think you guys rather then 'attacking' me, have your comments, and piss off? I NEVER said I was a bad aim, etc. I just said, it would be better for the bullets to go where my croshair is. Like in realistic, the cursor moves, depending on where the bullets go, in normal, the croshair stays where it is. Hmm. Think about it.

X¬Rã¥
May 22, 2006, 8:13 am
Stupid idea, theres nothin wrong with the aiming system right now.

rhide
May 22, 2006, 9:36 am
The different binks makes the weapons unique, and better balanced. It also helps to reduce the numbers of sprayers (they still exist luckily, but are less efficient), and it does definiately give the better players an advantage over the newbies. In other words, there are only positive effects with the self bink, and if someone doesnt like it, he/she simply needs more training :S

Soulsnipa
May 22, 2006, 11:21 am
get a hack...lol jk, but yea making an accuracy increase would ruin the game. I always hated bink though.

TACKLEbeast666
May 22, 2006, 11:49 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by Bounty Hunter GuyHmm, I think you guys rather then 'attacking' me, have your comments, and piss off? I NEVER said I was a bad aim, etc. I just said, it would be better for the bullets to go where my croshair is. Like in realistic, the cursor moves, depending on where the bullets go, in normal, the croshair stays where it is. Hmm. Think about it.

yea well...if say in halo 1/halo 2 (i'm sure you all played them), in those gigantic maps, i'm sure if you're on one side using a machinegun and spray across the map, you'll hit anything at all. and that game is set in the future too.

the fact is, soldat minimize everything. so basicly during battles, each player is actually very far away from each other.

Deleted User
May 23, 2006, 4:14 am
wtf are you talking about 666?...lol

rhide
May 23, 2006, 8:43 am
Basicly, he's saying that he likes the current settings, and whining is for kids <_>

Zegovia
May 23, 2006, 11:22 am
 Quote:Originally posted by rabidhamster

I would rather say its more of a habbit than skill... :/

Raptor
May 23, 2006, 2:28 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by Bounty Hunter GuyOk, personally I think shooting should be easier then what it is. I aim correctly, shoot and bullets fly everywhere, randomly. Personally, I think the bullet goes where your aiming.

I know alot of you Soldat experts will say "it's easy enough", but honestly, it isn't.
You just have to get the hang of it man...

TACKLEbeast666
May 24, 2006, 2:01 am
the first reply was obviously saying if you're a pro or at least get the hang of the game you wouldn't go whine about it.

the second reply was saying that even though it looks like the battles in soldat are very short ranged, and it's weird why the bullet doesn't go where the cursors go, it's actually because soldat minimized everything, the average soldat battles are actually fought very far away in realistic scales.

think about those maps with buildings, or ships, then think about when two players are shooting each other across screen.
compare the distances.

The Geologist
May 24, 2006, 4:12 pm
If you were aiming correctly then you wouldn't have this problem. Don't kid yourself. Try leading your shots instead of aiming where the cursor is. Instead of asking for something that won't happen, why don't you practice? There are ways of getting around the self bink, if you can manage to not hold down the trigger the whole time.

Hmmm, think about it.

And while you're at it, shoot a real gun and see if the bullets always go where you aim, then whine to Smith & Wesson when you miss.

Alamo
May 24, 2006, 4:42 pm
Oh yeah, let's have auto-aim! And an auto-pilot...

Deleted User
May 24, 2006, 6:27 pm
Why don't you just...spend some time practicing your aim?

Swarmer
May 24, 2006, 7:21 pm
Well, a gun in real life DOES shoot wherever you point it at, assuming it's properly ranged. A decent gun will always fire very very straight over a reasonable distance. The recoil makes you point it in a direction you don't want to though.

Deleted User
May 24, 2006, 7:49 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by SwarmerWell, a gun in real life DOES shoot wherever you point it at, assuming it's properly ranged. A decent gun will always fire very very straight over a reasonable distance. The recoil makes you point it in a direction you don't want to though.

This ain't real life.

Quote: Ok, personally I think shooting should be easier then what it is. I aim correctly, shoot and bullets fly everywhere, randomly. Personally, I think the bullet goes where your aiming.

Stop using MP5. Use a ruger. Machine-guns are not perfectly accurate, and never will be. If bullets went right where the cursor was with every weapon, weapon balance would be destroyed as we know it, barretts, deagles and rugers would be useless, the M79 would basically be a rocket launcher, and the game wouldn't be challenging enough. Get used to it. It's not about what makes the game easier, it's about what makes it fun and challenging.

Bounty Hunter Guy
May 25, 2006, 7:13 am
[quote

Stop using MP5.
[/quote]

I don't use MP5's...

Deleted User
May 25, 2006, 7:19 am
 Quote:Originally posted by Bounty Hunter Guy
I don't use MP5's...

-_-

My point was that if you want to be accurate, use an accurate weapon. Like the ruger, or barrett.

jimmy7512
May 25, 2006, 8:28 pm
Well, what is wrong with the Aiming system Bounty Hunter Guy ? It's completely perfect to me.

TACKLEbeast666
May 25, 2006, 11:23 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by SwarmerWell, a gun in real life DOES shoot wherever you point it at, assuming it's properly ranged. A decent gun will always fire very very straight over a reasonable distance. The recoil makes you point it in a direction you don't want to though.

oh really? so if you're using jet boots flying 300 feets in the air and shooting another dude 500 feets away 600 feets in the air, you'd hit the target every shot?

my previous post already mentioned this, although i didn't explain it very well. the combat in soldat is minimized by a lot.
two inch on the screen is probably 300 feets away if you compare it with the maps that have houses and ships on them.

if all guns in real life hit whatever target the ironsite is pointing at at any distance.......deeeeerrrrrr, then the only thing you have to master about marksmanship is to hold the gun steady.

rabidhamster
May 25, 2006, 11:55 pm
[Info]
Name=OMG AKKURACY
Version=6.66

[USSOCOM]
Damage=172
FireInterval=12
Ammo=12
ReloadTime=65
Speed=180
BulletStyle=1
StartUpTime=0
Bink=0
MovementAcc=1

[Desert Eagles]
Damage=176
FireInterval=23
Ammo=7
ReloadTime=103
Speed=190
BulletStyle=1
StartUpTime=0
Bink=0
MovementAcc=1

[HK MP5]
Damage=104
FireInterval=6
Ammo=30
ReloadTime=95
Speed=189
BulletStyle=1
StartUpTime=0
Bink=0
MovementAcc=1

[Ak-74]
Damage=113
FireInterval=11
Ammo=40
ReloadTime=150
Speed=240
BulletStyle=1
StartUpTime=0
Bink=0
MovementAcc=1

[Steyr AUG]
Damage=73
FireInterval=7
Ammo=30
ReloadTime=115
Speed=260
BulletStyle=1
StartUpTime=0
Bink=0
MovementAcc=1

[Spas-12]
Damage=122
FireInterval=34
Ammo=7
ReloadTime=175
Speed=137
BulletStyle=3
StartUpTime=0
Bink=0
MovementAcc=1

[Ruger 77]
Damage=250
FireInterval=40
Ammo=4
ReloadTime=100
Speed=330
BulletStyle=1
StartUpTime=0
Bink=0
MovementAcc=1

[M79]
Damage=165000
FireInterval=6
Ammo=1
ReloadTime=180
Speed=110
BulletStyle=4
StartUpTime=0
Bink=0
MovementAcc=1

[Barret M82A1]
Damage=495
FireInterval=240
Ammo=10
ReloadTime=300
Speed=550
BulletStyle=1
StartUpTime=25
Bink=0
MovementAcc=1

[FN Minimi]
Damage=86
FireInterval=9
Ammo=50
ReloadTime=250
Speed=270
BulletStyle=1
StartUpTime=0
Bink=0
MovementAcc=1

[XM214 Minigun]
Damage=48
FireInterval=4
Ammo=100
ReloadTime=366
Speed=290
BulletStyle=1
StartUpTime=50
Bink=0
MovementAcc=1

[Flamer]
Damage=1200
FireInterval=6
Ammo=200
ReloadTime=5
Speed=105
BulletStyle=5
StartUpTime=0
Bink=0
MovementAcc=1

[Rambo Bow]
Damage=1200
FireInterval=10
Ammo=1
ReloadTime=25
Speed=210
BulletStyle=7
StartUpTime=0
Bink=0
MovementAcc=1

[Flamed Arrows]
Damage=800
FireInterval=10
Ammo=1
ReloadTime=39
Speed=180
BulletStyle=8
StartUpTime=0
Bink=0
MovementAcc=1

[Combat Knife]
Damage=225000
FireInterval=6
Ammo=1
ReloadTime=3
Speed=60
BulletStyle=11
StartUpTime=0
Bink=0
MovementAcc=1

[Chainsaw]
Damage=2100
FireInterval=4
Ammo=50
ReloadTime=60
Speed=70
BulletStyle=11
StartUpTime=0
Bink=0
MovementAcc=1

[M72 LAW]
Damage=150000
FireInterval=30
Ammo=1
ReloadTime=540
Speed=230
BulletStyle=12
StartUpTime=21
Bink=0
MovementAcc=1

[Punch]
Damage=33000
FireInterval=6
Ammo=1
ReloadTime=3
Speed=50
BulletStyle=6
StartUpTime=0
Bink=0
MovementAcc=1

[Grenade]
Damage=150000
FireInterval=80
Ammo=1
ReloadTime=20
Speed=50
BulletStyle=2
StartUpTime=0
Bink=0
MovementAcc=1

[Stationary Gun]
Damage=180
FireInterval=10
Ammo=100
ReloadTime=366
Speed=360
BulletStyle=14
StartUpTime=0
Bink=0
MovementAcc=1Use that, and you'll understand why this can't be a reality.

a senior citizen
May 29, 2006, 12:09 am
yea. i suck at aiming. but i accept it. and my opponents love it.
but i dont' feel that because of my own inabilites, that the game should be dumbed down to accomodate me. trying playing in a different style. ambushes, stealthy, aerial, support, etc..

Yuth
May 30, 2006, 3:23 am
Yada Yada Yada - Too much Sh!tChat.

Quote:Originally posted by wormdundeeIf I could see you right now I would kill you BHGuy.

Saying that bullets should go exactly where the cursor is, is dumb as hell.
I mean cmon, the cursor isn't even necessary. I took it out of the game because it got in the way.

It most definitely is easy enough to aim.

Only buttheads remove the cursor.
I left four white pixels as a cursor. *Thumb Up*

Mr. Domino
May 30, 2006, 12:01 pm
It's just easier to whine and bash others instead of practicing and improving yourself. It really doesn't take much time even to play around in off-line mode, doing different maneuvers and seeing how your character's position, angle, and momentum affect your shots and aim. The cursor itself is simply a universal sight for aiming all weapons, and the individual weapons' characteristics (range, arc, and gravity) have to be accounted for.