( search forums )
Friendly Intelligence
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Soldat Improvements Discussion
Beren
May 20, 2006, 10:13 pm
I was thinking about a feature where you could see somewhere the other weapons your team-mates picked on the spawn, so it could help you fill a deficiency or other such strategic things. Let's say sometimes you like to camp with barret, but you check the F1 menu and it tells you that 5 other people on your team are allready using it, so you know to pick an auto or something. Any thoughts?

iDante
May 20, 2006, 11:17 pm
Yeah, when you hit F1 it would be nice to see a little icon with what gun everyone is using, but what about people not on your team?

Deleted User
May 20, 2006, 11:24 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by iDantebut what about people not on your team?

they'd have no icon

Eagles_Arrows
May 20, 2006, 11:27 pm
I love it.

Deleted User
May 20, 2006, 11:42 pm
me too

rabidhamster
May 20, 2006, 11:49 pm
This is the BEST idea I've heard in the suggestions subforum. Ever.

Deleted User
May 20, 2006, 11:55 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by rabidhamsterThis is the BEST idea I've heard in the suggestions subforum. Ever.

Agreed. Way better than "wall-jump" and "no barrett start-up time"

TACKLEbeast666
May 21, 2006, 2:52 am
yea..but five barretts isn't nessecerily worse than 4 barretts and 1 auto...

MOFO NOFO
May 21, 2006, 3:43 am
Now all you gotta do is move this thread to the game improvements/suggestions

(I love this idea)

vash763
May 21, 2006, 5:14 am
Great idea/

X¬Rã¥
May 21, 2006, 7:21 am
Nice idea. Cheyaya!

Deleted User
May 21, 2006, 12:13 pm
Great idea, and easy to make.

Echo_Trail
May 21, 2006, 5:12 pm
i think it's a great idea.. And though it's probably been suggested a billion times before, I don't recall seing it here. It's simple and neat. And i also thing you should be able to see the weaponry of your oponent.. It would let you know what you're up against!

rabidhamster
May 21, 2006, 5:17 pm
^That's kinda cheating though. ex. Wait till everyone on the other team chooses a weapon, then choose the best counter-weapon.

Tybs
May 21, 2006, 5:41 pm
Other team's weapons wouldnt be visible... then this is an excellent suggestion.

Zegovia
May 21, 2006, 8:00 pm
Really nice suggestion i must say, and yes you should only see your teamates weapons of choice... :D

looks like the simple suggestions are those that get the best comments, not the bold and crazy ones... :P

Dark_Noddy
May 21, 2006, 8:14 pm
To see what guns yer team members are using is brilliant, to se what guns your oponents are yousing.. well, that kinda stinks IMO :I

rhide
May 21, 2006, 9:30 pm
I perfectly agree with Dark Noddy, great idea lad!

Leo
May 21, 2006, 10:11 pm
It's a good idea in theory but it won't work. Most players use one weapon in all cases and they won't care if the whole team uses the same weapon. I think it would work better if there was a server option to reduce the number of weapons a team can have. Like, 2 barrets, 2 rugers etc... This of course woud depend on the number of players.

TACKLEbeast666
May 22, 2006, 12:07 am
yea.....those m79 whor....i meant users would not care what weapons their teams use, but would use m79 anyway.

besides, this isn't that useful, and would take alot of work to be done, so i don't think it will ever happen.

like i said before,
"why is 4 barretts and 1 auto better than 5 barretts?"

Jermies
May 22, 2006, 7:03 am
I like this... would be very handy in r/s because you can find your team's weapons, and you then find their corpse, and fetch their gun.

rhide
May 22, 2006, 9:43 am
Jeremies is right, and it is infact extremely simple to implemet, much simpler than many of the other suggestions in this forum.

It should still be up to every single soldier what weapon of choise he would like, but this extra information is great, especially for tactical team games, as Jeremy said. Most weapons could be used in large numbers, but you do often not want more than 1 perhaps 2 soldiers with weap 0, and perhaps 3-4 with 8, if the team has 10 members.

Zero72
May 22, 2006, 10:24 am
400th'd. Good idea.

CardBoardWarrior
May 22, 2006, 3:45 pm
Good idea I think it should be done

Beasticly
May 22, 2006, 9:25 pm
Great idea, but how about instead of having it in the f1 menu putting it in the weapons selection menu?

For example you'd see m79 (3). The number in the brackets tells how many people are currently using it. Then, if the server wanted to limit the number of people using a certain weapon there could be, M79 (3/4), 3 being the total people using it and 4 being the max.

Then, if you weren't sure what weapon to pick you could get it to auto pick you one based on how many people are using other weapons, and what weapons hardly anyone are using. Great if you wanna get straight into the fray. :)

Drink Bloody Water
May 23, 2006, 12:17 pm
Wow... This is another GREAT idea. This should be implemented ASAP in the next Soldat.

XenocidE
May 23, 2006, 6:02 pm
Excellent Idea. This just promotes teamplay more. Yes, some people might not care, but some of us people that notice it, will care. Also, just 1 little suggestion. If you are spectating, you will not be able to see what weapons poeple use, by looking at the F1 menu. People in Ventrilo, or Teamspeak, could tell their teamates what the other team is using.

rhide
May 24, 2006, 9:51 pm
Arn't any developers supposed to respond? Could we know how this idea will be rated, and even possibly implemented (wich it should imo)?

Raptor
May 24, 2006, 10:28 pm
Well, that wouldn't actually be very nice since what if all of your teammates are using their weapons of preference and you don't know what to choose. Also I never choose other weap rather than the Ruger because I intend to get good at it every time.
On the other hand, I agree with this topic ;)

Beren
May 27, 2006, 8:46 am
Well, thanks for the positive reaction...:) I had no idea this one would take so well...would a kind moderator please move this to the "suggestions" spot, if that's the right thing to do now?

Deleted User
May 30, 2006, 1:33 am
I feel that the part of the screen that shows kills as they happen already serves this purpose.

It shows the weapons and players who are actually doing the killing as the primary weapons aren't the only things that can kill. Also, noobs holding weapons and getting killed dont really count, so i dont want to see 5 noobies holding m79s and think: i better choose another weapon.

To be fair, you could look at the number of points each player has in beren's f1 screen to see how many kills they have. But you wouldn't know whos good and whos not at the start of the round.

I'd much rather see the player names in the "kills" section color coded by team and the option to extend that list beyond the last six or so kills.

rhide
May 30, 2006, 9:56 pm
That will only work in high speed, high kill games. In tactical Real/survival mode games this option is great, and cannot simply be replaced by who's good and who's not. With this, team captains could also have a look at his teams arsenal and send groups different ways depending on the terrain and their tactical weapon.

TACKLEbeast666
May 31, 2006, 1:11 am
and i would ask "who died and made you captain??? get the hell out of there and go charge, stop [CENSORED]ting yourself." tell you the truth this idea is good, not hard to be done, but not that useful.

scourge
May 31, 2006, 2:35 am
this is a great idea. how often does michael come on. only take a few minutes to add this. someone needs to get his attention

vash763
May 31, 2006, 7:57 am
 Quote:Originally posted by TACKLEbeast666and i would ask "who died and made you captain??? get the hell out of there and go charge, stop [CENSORED]ting yourself." tell you the truth this idea is good, not hard to be done, but not that useful.

How is it not usefull?

Knowing the tactics your team is using (especially in a clan match) can't help you at all can it?

moron

?
May 31, 2006, 8:40 am
I have no clue why i am posting in a suggestion thread but, i second this

MOFO NOFO
May 31, 2006, 3:01 pm
this is a really good idea. Oh yeah and the guns should be transparent on the screen.

RabidTreeFrog
May 31, 2006, 11:48 pm
this idea is 1338. /me supportz0r.

Unlucky 13
June 1, 2006, 7:23 am
 Quote:Originally posted by BeasticlyFor example you'd see m79 (3). The number in the brackets tells how many people are currently using it. Then, if the server wanted to limit the number of people using a certain weapon there could be, M79 (3/4), 3 being the total people using it and 4 being the max.
That reminds me of Battlefront II, limiting the special classes. What is annoying is when someone always takes the same special class, so it could get to be annoying that way (team member taking the Barrett all the time and the slots for it are low (1-2).)

On the basic idea from Beren:
Good idea, would be very, very useful in team games, and maybe, as an extention to it, if a teammate sees an enemy using a certain weapon, that enemy's weapons would appear on the F1 menu as well, until they died (so if they DO change it, you will not know until a team member sees him/her with that weapon.)

Still, full support, and I'm guessing that it wouldn't take too long, because the server knows what weapon you are holding at all times (and if it doesn't, how the hell does Soldat work?), and that information could be sent to your Soldat client.

Urban Orange
June 4, 2006, 10:41 pm
Good idea. I'd second that.

HYPERFUNKBOT
June 4, 2006, 11:00 pm
I love the idea of displaying it, but the limits would sort of suck. Normally I would just say that I'm not going to play on server that does limits, but seeing as how Leo suggested limits, and Leo's Servers are my favoritest servers... :(