( search forums )
Ctf_AA_McKenna
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - Quality Maps
Flying_Dutchman
May 21, 2006, 1:57 pm
The second AA map! This time it's the combat training map MOUT McKenna. Consisting of three buildings with a church in the middle, where God can help you out if you're in trouble.
Beneath the map there's a sewer system for people to sneak around in.
It isn't waypointed.

Overview
Church
Building
Sewers

Map

Enjoy the map!

papasurf31
May 21, 2006, 2:26 pm
Great atmosphere. That looks pretty kickass.

Norris Scott
May 21, 2006, 4:13 pm
This would make an excellent zombie map... it just has that atmosphere about it. Very dark, yet very open. I'm loving the visuals on this one, and it has potential for some great gameplay. Hopefully someone will waypoint it so I can test it for certain :D

ThomasMortfog
May 21, 2006, 4:39 pm
Looks awesome... IMO, it should be in quality maps.

Eagles_Arrows
May 21, 2006, 5:01 pm
Damn, that's hot. I wish I can play this mofo on an R/S server. Eventually...

I'll waypoint both Pipeline and McKenna...

EDIT: Do you mind if I increase the jet fuel a tad bit, like by 10? that tunnel leading down to the sewers nearest Alpha's Base, you can barely jet up out through it.

Boxo
May 21, 2006, 6:25 pm
Just downloaded and tested it a bit, it looks nifty and all, but

-You can get over the left building with m79+nades easily and sit there with the flag.
-Moving around indoors is very frustrating, you can't see what objects are solid and what are just scenery.

Flying_Dutchman
May 21, 2006, 7:21 pm
Thanks
The jet should be enough to get everywhere you're supposed to go but I guess it's not enough for the bots. Go ahead. :)
Thanks I thought I made the polygons over there deadly :S Guess not, gonna do so. Also I'll try to put more contrast between the solid and non-solid object.

Eagles_Arrows
May 21, 2006, 9:02 pm
I [CENSORED]ing hate Polyworks' waypoint system. Some waypoints become unrecognizable to bots and the bots themselves get suck between solid objects...I'm trying to find a solution to these problems, but to be honest, I didn't enjoy waypointing this as much as I had expected.

EDIT: Okay, now I'm pissed off. The Bravos are doing really fine, but it's the Alphas who are breaking my back. They won't follow their waypoints, and they just freeze halfway in the sewers. So at the moment These problems make this project a

FAILURE.

Flying_Dutchman
May 21, 2006, 9:27 pm
Nooo :( Anything I can do to help? And what about Pipeline?

EDIT: Better PM me, instead of spamming this topic full with our conversation ;p

Mothafix
May 23, 2006, 1:06 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by SoapIt looks pretty [CENSORED].

Are you talking about your ass?

Avarax
May 23, 2006, 2:08 pm
soap why are you being such a retard in the last time?

thekingkitty
May 23, 2006, 2:21 pm
Wow i love America's Army, did you ever make collapsed tunnel? If you didnt it would be great if you made it, that map rocks!

Flying_Dutchman
May 23, 2006, 4:01 pm
Thanks guys. I will update the map soon so, I hope, it will have better gameplay.
Yes Kitty, that was one of my favorites too. Collapsed Tunnel will probebly be the next map after Bridge, which I'm working on now.

Edit: Sadist, sorry for ignoring you :P If the link doens't work, try again a couple of times. The site is doing some maintenance work and is slow and buggy because of that.

Edit2: Updated the map. You can walk through the benches in the church and I removed one crate at red for easier movement inside.

Edit3: Updated the map again abit. When playing it on Avarax server I noticed red had a slice advantage cause of the healing poly in the church. So I moved the healing spot to another place.

Bloodrill
May 27, 2006, 12:13 pm
OMG nice! GJ =)

Ivel
May 27, 2006, 4:12 pm
It's very nice! 9/10!

Avarax
May 28, 2006, 12:32 pm
THis map can now be played on
http://archive.forums.soldat.pl/topic.php?topic_id=34312

t3rr0r
June 7, 2006, 7:45 am
Nice !!! In aa graphic is only better ;) Soldat RLZ...