( search forums )
server starting issues...
Soldat Forums - Server Talk - Server Help
zyxstand
May 21, 2006, 6:52 pm
i'm at the edge of killing myself cuz i seem not to be able to create a joinable server. i run the dedicated server with all settings there in tact. then i open soldat and try to find my server in the list. I find it but it has that ??? for ping and i cannot join (same goes for other ppl trying to join it).
http://www.uploadfile.info/uploads/55ad28856a.png[/img]

do i perhaps need to change settings there? i'd RLY appreciate it if someone could tell me exactly where my error lies.

EDIT:
changed picture.

FliesLikeABrick
May 21, 2006, 7:07 pm
is there a windows firewall on the computer you're running this on? If you don't know, then you probably have one.

zyxstand
May 21, 2006, 7:55 pm
well, windows firewall aint running, zone alarm is shutdown... anything else?

also, i presume that LAN IP address should be set to my computer's local IP address...
do i maybe have to tinker with port trigger?

FliesLikeABrick
May 21, 2006, 9:33 pm
nah, you don't need port triggering for this. I'm not sure what else it could be, unless your modem has some firewall built in, your router sucks (not uncommon) or something else just doesn't like you ;) It isn't uncommon for routers to do very stupid things (there are a couple d-link models that just hate port forwarding)

shoover
May 22, 2006, 3:05 am
found it, u see 23083 port, instead of being TCP, it should be UDP

Deleted User
May 22, 2006, 3:12 am
... Shoover, no.

23073 - UDP & TCP
23083 - TCP

shoover
May 22, 2006, 3:29 am
i was guessing lol

zyxstand
May 22, 2006, 4:25 am
...ffs lol

FliesLikeABrick
May 22, 2006, 5:00 am
shoover don't guess when you are trying to help people. doing that again will get you a warning

khoacalacan
May 22, 2006, 6:58 pm
Try restarting the router and modem, that helped me 80% of the time

mar77a
May 22, 2006, 11:12 pm
I guess that your lan ip adress is not the correct one.

dcp
May 27, 2006, 1:07 pm
Hi all,
I have a very similar problem to zyxstand, I have opened all the neccesary ports and even more, i have turned off both the windows and router firewalls, and although my server appears when "requesting servers", it appears with ping "???".
I do not know what more can i do :|

This is how the "port forwading" is right now (please click): http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/2388/portforw9nk.jpg

Thank you for your help! :D