( search forums )
Spawn killing lame?
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Deleted User
May 22, 2006, 12:58 am
Maybe this topic is so old that its almost Bash Pit material, but I want to know what the general view is.

If someone spawns near you in a deathmatch (possibly also Base Killing in CTF), is running/jetting past them really the gentlemen?s thing to do? Sure getting killed as soon as you spawn is a pain, but that?s just tough luck, I mean they are only going to kill you anyway.

You can guess that I was called a Spawn killer just now XD

Is this a lamers tool or just tough luck?

Deleted User
May 22, 2006, 1:03 am
If you're running by, and see somone spawn then yes, by all means blow them away.
But if you just sit and camp at spawn points, waiting for people to spawn so you can kill them over and over, yeah thats lame.

rabidhamster
May 22, 2006, 1:03 am
It's fine on deathmatch or other non-flag gamemodes (pointmatch included). You gotta be ready when you spawn. I've taught myself to choose a weapon and be ready to jump out of the way two seconds after the respawn clock begins.

Zero72
May 22, 2006, 1:22 am
 Quote:Originally posted by SethamundoIf you're running by, and see somone spawn then yes, by all means blow them away.
But if you just sit and camp at spawn points, waiting for people to spawn so you can kill them over and over, yeah thats lame.
That sounds about right. Spawn killing can get annoying, but not too badly. Spawn camping is one of only a handful of things that REALLY taps my ass.

TACKLEbeast666
May 22, 2006, 1:55 am
hey, i think life's tough you know? life is unfair, you just gotta suck it up and do it you know? if you got the bad luck and spawned just as another player is passing by then you should prepared yourself for battle, instead of go whine about it.

Eagles_Arrows
May 22, 2006, 2:16 am
Spawncamping is so common throughout multiplayer games, it's not even worth the time discussing about it.

Mister Derp: Derp! I get spawnkilled in UT alot! I just get over it and kill whoever's trying to spawnkill me!

GNU
May 22, 2006, 2:20 am
Yeah these days it's considered 'part of the game' As suggested if you don't kill them they'll kill you.

Obviously 'spawn camping' is ridiculously lame but it's mostly done by noobs who are dealt with easily.

Deleted User
May 22, 2006, 2:28 am
 Quote:Originally posted by GNUby noobs who are dealt with easily.
Amen to that.

Swarmer
May 22, 2006, 5:13 am
Spawnkilling takes skill. Any noob can spawnkill and then die in a few seconds. But someone who is good at it can suck up health boxes and nade boxes, and put a major halt in the other teams tempo and resources.

TACKLEbeast666
May 22, 2006, 5:23 am
no it doesnt take as much skill as you think, but it is effective and does stop your enemy from doing alot of things.

especially a group of 3 or more spawn killers and at least one m79 whor...i meant user.

FliesLikeABrick
May 22, 2006, 5:23 am
.... which is exactly what they're saying is incredibly stupid and lame as hell. maybe you call that person a "talented spawn-killer" but everyone else calls that "someone who can't do anything else any better"

The way I see it, spawn killing is unfortunately part of the game, which is why there's no defense in the game to keep people from doing it. If people don't want to be killed at spawn, they should work it into their strategy to protect against it.

The amount of skill and strategy that goes into games like Tribes (1/2/vengence) is amazing, its only a matter of time until Soldat players start going into games and try to work out a team strategy with their teammates, as opposed to mindlessly flying around and shooting at anything they see

Deleted User
May 22, 2006, 6:46 am
 Quote:Originally posted by SethamundoIf you're running by, and see somone spawn then yes, by all means blow them away.

That's exactly the way i see it.

?
May 22, 2006, 6:55 am
The real reason its annoying to me is that when I say something like "Hey guys don't spawn kill please" which is my usually response to it, i get "LOL NEWB DON"T BE MAD YOU SUX!" Getting killed in your own base sucks, its the lack of respect you get from fellow players when you try to have a actual game that gets me.

GNU
May 22, 2006, 6:57 am
Yeah, but most people who have that reaction aren't worth playing against anyway.

Bounty Hunter Guy
May 22, 2006, 7:23 am
GNU, I'm guessing your one of the people that don't show respect?

Spawn killing, is a pain. But IT IS part of the game. If you can't deal with it, then well, improve, because it's as simply as getting an rapid fire gun (so they move) and jumping before they can hit you.

Jermies
May 22, 2006, 7:25 am
Its one of those things you cannot enforce... along with noobing and camping.

Leo
May 22, 2006, 7:28 am
I ban spawnkillers in my servers if I spot them. It's lame and very very annoying.

GNU
May 22, 2006, 7:43 am
 Quote:Originally posted by Bounty Hunter GuyGNU, I'm guessing your one of the people that don't show respect?

Yes, despite the fact that my post clearly attacked those people, moron.

As has been said, spawn killing has always been, and will always be a part of the game. Most of the time it isn't that much of a problem unless you come across a server with stacked teams and a whole bunch of spawning, that's just lame.

Zegovia
May 22, 2006, 7:48 am
 Quote:Originally posted by SDFilmMaybe this topic is so old that its almost Bash Pit material, but I want to know what the general view is.

If someone spawns near you in a deathmatch (possibly also Base Killing in CTF), is running/jetting past them really the gentlemen?s thing to do? Sure getting killed as soon as you spawn is a pain, but that?s just tough luck, I mean they are only going to kill you anyway.

You can guess that I was called a Spawn killer just now XD

Is this a lamers tool or just tough luck?

I dont think theyd be a nice guy and leave you alone when you spawns...

Deleted User
May 22, 2006, 9:37 am
 Quote:Originally posted by Zegovia

I dont think theyd be a nice guy and leave you alone when you spawns...

Exactly ;P

Well you never know, they might say hello and want to have a conversation about the weather...

Affect
May 22, 2006, 11:09 am
Huh..I agree that it's lame to spawnkill and it really annoys, but I actually dont face this problem anymore - knife really helps cuz I can kill a spawner with it before he kills me.. Dunno mb that's why I like knives

DragonSlayer
May 22, 2006, 1:08 pm
Spawnkilling is kinda annoying but sometimes it just happens and I don't blame anyone for doing it. In competitive clan wars, everyone does it to an extent.

DeMonIc
May 22, 2006, 1:32 pm
Spawnkilling is a part of the game: therefore it is acceptable.

In Clan wars, ( where most tactics are about one soldier covering the alternative route, and the others rushing on the fastest route ) spawn killing goes to a new level: time to time people will not only nadespam the spawning team so their flag carrier can get out of the base safely, but they will continue to obilerate any 'new-born' opposition as they see it, until their teammate scores and they can go for another cap. This, in my opinion, is incredibily cheap and lame.

MOFO NOFO
May 22, 2006, 2:37 pm
Ive done my share of spawn killing in clanwars, esp camping with sniper. But i dont like those chainsaw spawners :|

DragonSlayer
May 22, 2006, 7:26 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by DeMonIcSpawnkilling is a part of the game: therefore it is acceptable.

In Clan wars, ( where most tactics are about one soldier covering the alternative route, and the others rushing on the fastest route ) spawn killing goes to a new level: time to time people will not only nadespam the spawning team so their flag carrier can get out of the base safely, but they will continue to obilerate any 'new-born' opposition as they see it, until their teammate scores and they can go for another cap. This, in my opinion, is incredibily cheap and lame.

The sole reason why something has to be done to Voland. Although I admit we've done it too.

Deleted User
May 22, 2006, 9:04 pm
Nah, I like Voland the way it is.
In fact it's one of my all time favorite maps, not just a ctf map.

TACKLEbeast666
May 22, 2006, 11:33 pm
well i think it's a part of strategy during clan wars, you wanna win right? i wouldn't take the chance to fly past him just to get shot in the back when he finish getting ready.

besides, it's not that hard to kill a spawncamper...if they're really lucky, they'll probably kill me two times, but the third time i will definately have a plan to kill them.

TACKLEbeast666
May 23, 2006, 3:29 am
yea for like one forth a second.

most people get frustrated because it takes them four seconds to choose weapons...

Deleted User
May 23, 2006, 4:08 am
i pick my weapon while the respawn timer is going

Deleted User
May 23, 2006, 4:16 am
 Quote:Originally posted by Elephant_HunterNewly spawned players have temporary invincibility. That is one hell of an advantage over a half-dead spawnkiller if you ask me.

Yes, he just has a highly-defensible position, (most likely) a weapon that is easy to spam damage with (barret or m79), he is within point-blank range, he is prepared, and like most spawn points, med-kits are only 2-5 seconds away.

Deleted User
May 23, 2006, 4:41 am
i think its hard to spawn kill with barret and m79 actually...because of the reload/interval time..you can really only camp 1 person at a time...if in ctf then its verry hard..because they respawn in waves...you shoot one down and 3 more come and rape you

Zegovia
May 23, 2006, 11:14 am
 Quote:Originally posted by Sethamundoi pick my weapon while the respawn timer is going

i use the number shorcuts on the keyboard, its the fastes way in my oppinion, faster than picking using the mouse though....

Having the ak as favourite weapon is quite good since its close to pick with the middle index finger (the mp5 too)... you can then quickly pick it when you respawn.

Deleted User
May 23, 2006, 11:24 am
^ I Almost always use the Minimi+Knife, so I pick the weapons pretty fast just from habit.

But I don?t suppose anyone really spends a minute deciding their weapon of choice as if it was Raven Shield or something XD

Raptor
May 23, 2006, 2:45 pm
*Reading*

Hmm... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ...

*Closes*

I don't see anywhere in the soldat manual where it says spawn killing is not allowed.

Deleted User
May 23, 2006, 4:35 pm
Amen to that Raptor, somtimes I think spawnkilling is fun..just put up your goof off name and go into pubs and raise a little hell hehe.
Yeah I pick my weapon with the number keys also, its faster.

Raptor
May 23, 2006, 7:04 pm
^I do that in CoD2 better with my rifle (see my sig) and it gets really fun >xD

Zegovia
May 23, 2006, 8:50 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by Raptor
I don't see anywhere in the soldat manual where it says spawn killing is not allowed.

Same thing goes for camping and "running"....

TACKLEbeast666
May 24, 2006, 1:48 am
yea, can you guys believe they actually ban "runners" now days???

Raptor
May 24, 2006, 2:53 am
Haha! Just leave the boys alone whining about things that they don't like xD

TACKLEbeast666
May 24, 2006, 3:15 am
isn't that what democracy is all about?
"Those who pledged for for the government don't, and never will have any rights to rebel and chanllenge the system; those who did not choose and establish the government they have, have, and should stand up and speak their minds."

Raptor
May 24, 2006, 3:17 am
^Boy... open your eyes... this is just a SOLDAT FORUM, not a country.

TACKLEbeast666
May 24, 2006, 6:42 am
actually i made that up... lol

Fraggy
May 24, 2006, 4:20 pm
lol it's not, i mean u have a whole second to get ur knive and throw it in his spinal cord :)

teacher
May 24, 2006, 7:12 pm
What's teh big deal about spawners? Team members who throw nades around in the base, THOSE are the real pain!