( search forums )
map voting menu
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Boer
May 23, 2006, 7:42 am
when you want to vote for a map ,why can we just pick from a (dropdown) list, instead of iritatingly having to clik clik clik through 200 maps until we get the right one?
And being able to start deathmatches on a ctf /htf map would be nice.

Zegovia
May 23, 2006, 8:57 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by Boerwhen you want to vote for a map ,why can we just pick from a (dropdown) list, instead of iritatingly having to clik clik clik through 200 maps until we get the right one?
And being able to start deathmatches on a ctf /htf map would be nice.

Sounds good... it really is a pain to scroll through all those maps (in my case, i got many of em!)..

And you are able to play deathmatches on CTF and htf maps already, just customise it a bit with regular player spawn points...

rabidhamster
May 23, 2006, 9:53 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by Boerbeing able to start deathmatches on a ctf /htf map would be nice.

This is already possible on the current voting maplist. It displays maps from all gamemodes.

Instead of a dropdown menu, I would like a space to type in the map name. It would give automatic suggestions as you type in a dropdown menu, so you don't have to write the whole mapname. Example:

Bold- what you type
"Quotes"- what Soldat suggests
When it says "more," pressing the down arrow would turn the suggestion list into a scroll by arrows menu, containing all suggestions filling your criteria.

ctf_
"ctf_Ash"
"ctf_B2b"
"ctf_Death2"
"more..."

ctf_l
"ctf_Lanubya"
"ctf_Laos"

<down> <down> <enter>
"You have selected ctf_Laos. type reason for vote"

et cetera.

rhide
May 24, 2006, 6:55 am
It's a good suggestion rabidhamster, but if you dont know the map name it could be a pain aswell. There should also be an option to scroll 5 (or perhaps 10) maps at a time.

GNU
May 24, 2006, 7:16 am
 Quote:Originally posted by rhide, but if you dont know the map name it could be a pain aswell.

That's why Rabid said this:
 Quote:It would give automatic suggestions as you type in a dropdown menu, so you don't have to write the whole mapname

If you just type "ctf_" then the list appears, there is no need to type the name in fully.

Drink Bloody Water
May 24, 2006, 12:05 pm
Yeah, I think that easy maps navigation (Rabid's idea) should be implemented.

Raptor
May 24, 2006, 10:29 pm
This has been suggested before, and I still completely agree with it (specially for users who have over 1000 maps :O)

zyxstand
May 27, 2006, 2:05 pm
yup, suggested b4 - so why isn't it in yet?!!?

MOFO NOFO
May 27, 2006, 2:56 pm
lol, mabye because its too hard to make?

Boxo
May 27, 2006, 3:43 pm
Why not just a simple /votemap command? No need to fool around with menus.

Ivel
May 27, 2006, 3:48 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by rabidhamster Quote:Originally posted by Boerbeing able to start deathmatches on a ctf /htf map would be nice.

This is already possible on the current voting maplist. It displays maps from all gamemodes.

Instead of a dropdown menu, I would like a space to type in the map name. It would give automatic suggestions as you type in a dropdown menu, so you don't have to write the whole mapname. Example:

Bold- what you type
"Quotes"- what Soldat suggests
When it says "more," pressing the down arrow would turn the suggestion list into a scroll by arrows menu, containing all suggestions filling your criteria.

ctf_
"ctf_Ash"
"ctf_B2b"
"ctf_Death2"
"more..."

ctf_l
"ctf_Lanubya"
"ctf_Laos"

<down> <down> <enter>
"You have selected ctf_Laos. type reason for vote"

et cetera.
I agree with rabbi. For someone like me, who has like 2,000,000 maps, it would be way easier to have a suggestion thingy.

TACKLEbeast666
May 27, 2006, 6:58 pm
wow 2 million maps?....each map take uh...(checking my map folder to see the amount of space it takes) the smallest map took 20 kb...so 2 mill x 20 = like 40 mill kb, correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't 40 mill kb alot of space? isn't that like 40000 mb or something?

i have like 500 maps though..

RabidTreeFrog
May 28, 2006, 2:34 am
 Quote:Originally posted by Boerwhen you want to vote for a map ,why can we just pick from a (dropdown) list, instead of iritatingly having to clik clik clik through 200 maps until we get the right one?

This is a schweet idea, I also agree with the guy who said we coul type it in and get suggestions.