( search forums )
Ruger 77
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Raptor
May 24, 2006, 3:12 am
It would be better if it had 5 instead of 4 bullets... and no, don't start flaming me for saying that.

MOFO NOFO
May 24, 2006, 10:00 am
No.. unless they have 5 in reallife.

Jermies
May 24, 2006, 11:06 am
Well an extra bullet I guess would mean a 1/5 increase in reload time...

Drink Bloody Water
May 24, 2006, 12:04 pm
The Ruger is one of my favorite weapons, and I'm ok with it having 4 bullets. Just because it's missing one bullet dosen't mean that it has to be implemented, you can just mod it. What you have to understand is that the Ruger is a very strong weapon and dosen't need more than 4 bullets.

rhide
May 24, 2006, 4:37 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by JermiesWell an extra bullet I guess would mean a 1/5 increase in reload time...

Im not sure how that works, if the reload time really increases as your magazine does or not, but if it does, its 25% increased time, not 20.
Initially there are 4 bullets, but when you add 1, you'll get

new reload time = 5/4 * time it takes to reload 4 bullets

The increased time is 1/4 = 25%. However, the extra bullet also increases the weapons effective time once the magazine is full, so this change could well unbalance the current standard weapon settings - due to the rugers extreme firepower.

vash763
May 24, 2006, 8:29 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by MOFO NOFONo.. unless they have 5 in reallife.

No.. the Barret doesn't have a startyp time in real life.

Raptor
May 24, 2006, 10:14 pm
Blah,

I still think the Ruger should have 5 bullets regardless of what you all say -_-

Captain Ben
May 25, 2006, 7:07 am

You could have as many as you wanted... it all depends on the magazine size ya duffer!

Mothafix
May 25, 2006, 8:10 am
Hey!! Make Ak, my favourite weapon, shoot missiles!!!

Deleted User
May 25, 2006, 11:04 pm

They do, I shot a dear with one i should know ;)

TACKLEbeast666
May 25, 2006, 11:14 pm
yea, and even though i never used one, i know that AT LEAST five minigun bullets can kill anyone, realisticly. but you'all know that the anti-air gattling gun can pierce the human body with one single shot...

and what about the ammo? i'm positive a m60 can carry up to 200 bullets, instead of 50.

CardBoardWarrior
May 26, 2006, 2:28 am
Thats just it. We can sit here and argue about weapons all day, how many bullets they should have, how accurate they should be, how long their reload should be.. it just really doesnt matter. It is a game and it will never be perfect, more realistically, it will never be exactly the way you want it. So stop arguing and start playing, it's much more enjoyable, I assure you.

Deleted User
May 26, 2006, 12:58 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by CardBoardWarriorThats just it. We can sit here and argue about weapons all day, how many bullets they should have, how accurate they should be, how long their reload should be.. it just really doesnt matter. It is a game and it will never be perfect, more realistically, it will never be exactly the way you want it. So stop arguing and start playing, it's much more enjoyable, I assure you.

Yeah what he said. And posting weapon ballence threads really don't help cause mm probably is done with soldat and there might not be many more versions.

R0L4ND
May 27, 2006, 4:20 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by iDanteI personally think the ruger should have greater speed and greater reload.. Just me.

I dare you to try firing a bolt-action rifle faster than in Soldat. [CENSORED], even as fast as in Soldat!

Yuth
May 27, 2006, 9:24 pm
Giving the ruger an extra bullet wouldn't hurt much.
And as it has 5 bullets in real life - Why the hell not?

My opinion about weapons are that you could create your own weapons.
They should have a limit of power.

This could be done by:

(Less Bullets = Higher Damage)
(More Bullets = Less Damage)

There are many different ways of making it balanced.
Not necessarily a difficult balance system.

Imagine how many different weapons there would be.
Should be a mode by itself allowing you to upload your own weapons.

Nuts
May 27, 2006, 9:47 pm
You can make your own weapons mod.

CardBoardWarrior
May 28, 2006, 6:07 pm
But that doesn't allow you to change the specs of the gun, such as range and damage etc. and play online with others.

TACKLEbeast666
May 29, 2006, 12:30 am
yea it does...bullet speed is range, and....etc.

CardBoardWarrior
May 29, 2006, 2:46 am
So you're saying I can make the barrett shoot 100 bullets per second, have no reload time and no startup and play on my favorite deathmatch server? Read my post.

I understand that you can change these kind of things in the weapons.ini but currently if you are going to play online then everyone has to have the same weapon set, which is the default one.

As for Yuth's idea, it is interesting, but when you think about it we already have most of the spectrum, from mp5 & minigun to the barrett and m79.

TACKLEbeast666
May 29, 2006, 3:26 am
first of all, bullet speed means bullet traveling speed, which is the range of the gun (faster traveling speed means longer lasting range), not weapon shooting speed. (which is called fire interval).

second of all, if you make a server with your mod, whoever comes to play at your server will have the same mod...basicly you set the mod for the whole server. so yes, everyone can play your mod if they come to your server.

MOFO NOFO
May 29, 2006, 7:43 am
Now that i use ruger i want 5 bullets.

Ivel
May 29, 2006, 3:05 pm
I don't use ruger, but enough people kill me with 4. 5, they would murdur my mannhood :x

SuLieN
May 29, 2006, 3:34 pm
second :x

TACKLEbeast666
May 29, 2006, 7:47 pm
i say make ruger single shot kill but two bullet.

Yuth
May 29, 2006, 11:57 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by CardBoardWarriorBut that doesn't allow you to change the specs of the gun, such as range and damage etc. and play online with others.

That's right, I was talking about making your OWN weapons.

- And then play with them on any server using this Mode. Everyone joining a server using this Mode would upload their OWN weapons. Everyone could have different weapons than the Default ones.

But of course this would need some kind of a balance...
I still think it's worth the effort.

Mr. Domino
June 2, 2006, 7:47 am
 Quote:Originally posted by TACKLEbeast666i say make ruger single shot kill but two bullet.

Then you pretty much kill any advantage of the Barret save for camping and shooting at range. Even then, with two shots, it's an easy trade off. Nothing's worse than Ruger servers where the weapon mods make them a single hit gun. It becomes a Ruger party.

My only problem with the Ruger is it needs to be a 2-3 shot kill, which it is on paper, but either the game or servers may not register all shots. It stinks to unload a clip, have every shot connect, and still not have killed the enemy. Thankfully it doesn't happen too often to really be annoying. I wouldn't mind an extra bullet to help it out, though, even at an increased reloading time.

Boer
June 5, 2006, 11:18 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by vash763 Quote:Originally posted by MOFO NOFONo.. unless they have 5 in reallife.

Yes it does .. otherwise known as aiming through the scope .. coz it has one, which inhibits normal aiming i think.

Unlucky 13
June 6, 2006, 6:50 am
 Quote:Originally posted by vash763 Quote:Originally posted by MOFO NOFONo.. unless they have 5 in reallife.

And the Barret shoots a lot faster in real life as well, it doesn't take 5 or so seconds to shoot the next bullet.

I wouldn't mind the extra bullet, but as long as there is a disadvantage because of it (1/5 or so weaker / 1/5 or slow longer reload time could do the trick).

TACKLEbeast666
June 8, 2006, 3:49 am
you'all wanna talk about real life??? then tell me how come an anti-aircraft gattling gun can't kill a single dude with 13 bullets, even if the dude can fly 500 feets in the air with jets on their leather boots.

Deleted User
June 8, 2006, 5:59 am
 Quote:Originally posted by TACKLEbeast666you'all wanna talk about real life??? then tell me how come an anti-aircraft gattling gun can't kill a single dude with 13 bullets, even if the dude can fly 500 feets in the air with jets on their leather boots.
Because hes hacking