( search forums )
*tear*
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Bash Pit
TheLetterA
May 24, 2006, 5:33 am
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nl2L3wmMgb0

this brings tears of joy to my eyes... an amazing display of human courage in order to avoid listening to a crappy band play their terrible music for 2 hours...

Pride
May 24, 2006, 5:41 am
That was so beautiful...

?
May 24, 2006, 6:06 am
Thats dumb, it just ruined the fans night, i swear if you don't like the music don't go to the shows

Ebby
May 24, 2006, 6:21 am
I don't get it. Har har. Why waste your time at a show you don't like?

Pride
May 24, 2006, 6:34 am
She raises a good point.

?
May 24, 2006, 7:15 am
course she does, every band has people that think they suck no reason to ruin the fun for the real fans.

frogboy
May 24, 2006, 7:25 am
It's like Ozzfest except the band is worse!

thekingkitty
May 24, 2006, 8:54 am
Kind of an [CENSORED] way to react to a sucky band.

KamikazeDuck
May 24, 2006, 10:34 am
The person who threw the rock was probably beaten to death by angry Nickleback fans.

n00bface
May 24, 2006, 11:31 am
nickleback weren't getting too many cheers though, the crowd obviously didn't want nickleback playing. they went to a show for the same reason most people end up seeing bands they don't like - they're playing with other bands.

there have been shows here with local black metal bands that co-headline with hardcore bands. the hardcore bands usually get boo'ed off the stage as well. the show organizer is at fault for even putting nickleback on the bill, obviously they didn't blend well with whoever else was playing.

Milkman Dan
May 24, 2006, 11:49 am
They were at a music festival. Maybe they played before a better band people actually wanted to see.

Deleted User
May 24, 2006, 12:16 pm
hah i feel sorry for them......

Ebby
May 24, 2006, 4:40 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by n00bfacenickleback weren't getting too many cheers though, the crowd obviously didn't want nickleback playing. they went to a show for the same reason most people end up seeing bands they don't like - they're playing with other bands.
I, uhm...Thought that nickleback stopped touring and such, or decided to end it. I guess not, but maybe they should consider it...hmm.
 Quote:Originally posted by Milkman DanThey were at a music festival. Maybe they played before a better band people actually wanted to see.
If that's true that'd make more sense.
It would have just been stupid if they actually paid for tickets just to see them and not like it. :o

Alamo
May 24, 2006, 5:16 pm
Yeah, Ebby, most likely a festival. I didn't see the rock... was it on the movie?
Nickelback aren't that bad... I mean, it's not really my music (I like some good rock every now and then though) but you can listen to it...

Milkman Dan
May 24, 2006, 9:19 pm
http://www.chartattack.com/damn/2002/08/2109.cfm

Quote:Nickelback are in the usually enviable position of being a Canadian band that's loved throughout the world ? all the world except Portugal, it seems.

The band were playing the Ilha do Ermal festival in Portugal on Monday (August 19) when they were forced to walk off the stage in the middle of their second song. According to a Portuguese television report, the Portuguese public were looking forward to the concert and are generally well behaved ? in fact, no band in recent memory has had to cut a show in Portugal short. But the Portuguese just weren't digging the ?Back.

While in mid-song, singer Chad Kroeger was suddenly sprayed with a full bottle of water, hurled from somewhere within the audience. Kroeger immediately tore off his guitar and confronted the crowd.

"Are there any Nickelback fans in Portugal?" he asked into the mic.

"Are you sure?" he asked, after the crowd let off little more than a grumble. "It's up to you, do you want to hear some rock 'n' roll or do you want to go home?"

Obviously, they wanted to go home. Just as Chad turned around, he was pelted in the back of the head with what looked like a large rock.

"See ya," he replied with a wave.

With that, the entire band followed him off the stage. Both Kroeger and drummer Ryan Vikedal (who's sporting a Rick The Temp faux mohawk these days) gave the audience the finger as they strode off.

Nickelback's label, Roadrunner, has posted video footage of the entire incident on the Blabbermouth section of their website. Luckily, it appears that Kroeger was unharmed by the rock.

Check out Chart's Nickelback cover here.

n00bface
May 24, 2006, 9:58 pm
The drummer didn't give the crowd the finger though. Those were the devil hornsss.