( search forums )
Style
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
teacher
May 24, 2006, 7:27 pm
Here's something I'm interested in (everyone, gather around the forum noob and flame him!!)!
What weapons and fighting style you guys use:

I'll go first:
Deagles & knife
Not a very original fighting style. I usually try to kill the first enemy I encounter with my knife, then I switch to deagles. With deagles I try to fight in semi and short range combat. I prefer to fight on the ground instead of the air, sacrificing hitting power for manouverability (comes handy against m79:s).

Okay, time to ruin this post and critize me!

Chakra`
May 24, 2006, 7:33 pm
ahhh your hearts in the right place, son ... no one shalt bash this felow in this thread.

Granted we've got a penny jar full of these kind of threads, but people seem to like 'em.

Deleted User
May 24, 2006, 7:39 pm
Usually:

MP5 and LAW

The MP5 is has a fast rate of fire, fast reload, and good damage at all ranges. Oddly enough, i'm kinda good at it from far ranges too. I usually try to get as close in as possible (unless fighting an M79)

Recently:

MP5 and Knife

Knives are fun in this game.

teacher
May 24, 2006, 7:48 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by Chakra`ahhh your hearts in the right place, son ... no one shalt bash this felow in this thread.

Granted we've got a penny jar full of these kind of threads, but people seem to like 'em.

Yeah, sorry bout that *points at post count*

martinmarta
May 24, 2006, 9:21 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by SadistAtHeartUsually:

I usually try to get as close in as possible (unless fighting an M79)

So you basically never get close... If the old saying, "There's a special place in hell reserved for rapists and M79 wh**es" is true, then there will be alot of free space in heaven.

I use Ruger or Barret. Sometimes Spas. Or MP5. Some other times Steyr.

As a secondary, I use knife. Except in realistic, where I use SOCCOM. And in cramped maps with a full house, where I use chainsaw.

Wtih Ruger or Barret, I travel slowly and often duck to scope ahead (or be ready for an incoming enemy). If I miss a round, I nade like a bi**h and when he's slowed down or busy dodging the nades, I knife him.

With Spas, I make a far shot then get up close and finish him. I usually don't even use secondaries with this one. Or nades.

With autos I nade first, then shoot at him constantly. If my round is over, I nade him again. They usually don't get past here. If they do, say hello to Mr. Knife.

Raptor
May 24, 2006, 10:24 pm
Ruger and USSOCOM

Because if you shoot your enemy with a Ruger (in realistic... that's all what I play) you wound him a lot and with just a couple of shots from your USSOCOM, you beat him.

Deleted User
May 24, 2006, 11:21 pm
Spas + Knife
Here's how my typical procedure goes: I run with spas, miss the enemy 2-3 times, I finally kill him some how (lag), and then I don't have time to reload. So, I switch to knife, chuck it at the next enemy, and I always miss him. He kills me, I spawn, I change to a new weapon.

vash763
May 25, 2006, 6:00 am
s4r is posting again <3 :E

Anyways, I was using Steyr and LAW since the knife had the startup time.

But I've switched it to the Deagles and the knife.
Throw the knife, sometimes hit.
Whip out the Deagles, shoot.
If I pass someone I try and shoot all 7 times, I can hit em pretty well off screen.
If I kill someone with the knife, and they have a OSK I pick it up.

Mothafix
May 25, 2006, 8:08 am
Ak and Knife

If i'm running with low health and can't find medipack, i switch to knife and try to do something. And Ak is just easy to shoot with.

X¬Rã¥
May 25, 2006, 8:29 am
I'm an auto man, so i either use:

Steyr AUG + Combat Knife (capture the flag and deathmatch)
or
AK-74 + Combat Knife
or
HK MP5 + Combat Knife (deathmatch)

I rush the enemy, going on my theory that it is intimidating to have some crazy bugger running at you with his gun blazing, shoot and throw as many nades as i can. And then if i spawn in the middle of some enemys i whip out that knife and i stab one, while jumping in the air to ensure they miss me on their first shot. I also change my route if an enemy sees me coming. So if i was low and an enemy sees me i kill him then change to mid or high. This is especially important when i am the FFC.

Da cHeeSeMaN
May 25, 2006, 9:48 am
 Quote:Originally posted by S4RSpas + Knife
Here's how my typical procedure goes: I run with spas, miss the enemy 2-3 times, I finally kill him some how (lag), and then I don't have time to reload. So, I switch to knife, chuck it at the next enemy, and I always miss him. He kills me, I spawn, I change to a new weapon.

HEY those are my tactics! :P

g-force9
May 25, 2006, 5:19 pm
Hmm... I go with the D. Eagles and USSOCOM, and my tactics are pick a target and try to kill it.

Swebonny
May 25, 2006, 6:36 pm
M79 and knife afcourse since 1.1.4

Why?

Becuse m79 and knife almost have the same bullet range:D And they are all 1 kill :D:D:D:D:D

a-4-year-old
May 25, 2006, 10:35 pm
styger for a shootin'
law for launching when im bored.

my tactics are to take a random route (mainly high) and skip to the flags attempting to kill almost everyone i see.

Fraggy
May 26, 2006, 9:21 am
I kinde use every weap exept barret an minigun,
barret = lame bcuz it takes all the speed away from the game,
and minigun should be called the lag-gun.

my favourites tough are mp5 m79 ruger an spas. oh i forgot steyr.

Unlucky 13
May 26, 2006, 9:44 am
Spas and Socom (It WASN'T an "overpowered" secondary when I started with this combo)
I usually had (these days I am not so reliant) the Socom out, so I can do some damage before I take out my Spas, and then I wait for a grenade throw (or use my own, either or), use the boost to get above them, shoot a few times and viola! A dead Soldaten!
Although the dead one is me about half the time...
If I'm short for time (flagger close to their flag etc.) I use my Socom until they die, UNLESS I'm able to push them away from the flag with the Spas.

Deleted User
May 26, 2006, 12:09 pm
Knife + Ak i shoot some bursts and then i switch knife and again there are dead soldat.

MOFO NOFO
May 26, 2006, 12:15 pm
Deagles + Soccom.

For a deagler, i tend to stay on the ground alot, even when fighting m79's.
Soccom, for if i run out of ammo and my enemy has been weakened.

Kazuki
May 26, 2006, 1:07 pm
I use the same set-up as Teacher. ;D Welcome to the forums, by the way.

Desert Eagles + Knife
However, I've been told that I do a good enough job with the DE's, so the knife serves as just that; a secondary. I also use it when I'm extremely low on health to give myself a chance of one last kill before I die. Otherwise, there's really no particular style to my playing. I'm not very tactical, though people would think I am. I move around a lot, though. :P I'll do backflips and worms for no real reason. Maybe just to piss off the enemy.

MOFO NOFO
May 26, 2006, 1:10 pm
Or mabye because you're a leet soldat player :p

Deleted User
May 26, 2006, 1:11 pm
Almost always:

FN Minimi and Knife

Having used the FN Minimi for a long time, I can normally keep a good aim at short to mid range, and I can also do quite well at long range as long as I keep that bink tamed.

When in the air, I will try to fly high and aim at the head (as much as you can aim at a 4 pixel head). If I know an enemy is at a certain point but at long range I will fly at a constant height while not moving (like hovering) and fire at a slow but accurate rate.

On the ground, I will charge right at them and then go prone right at their feet while shooting upwards so that they have to quickly aim whilst I?m shooing at them from below.

I keep my knife with me in case I get caught just after starting to reload.

Its been a long time since iv used my camouflage for pure camping, but I do sometimes use it for a quick ambush- suddenly jumping out and giving them a face full of Minimi.

Zero72
May 27, 2006, 10:17 pm
Having arrived at this thread via that link in that other closed thread, I name my style The Secret Ancient Arts of 72-Style Everything.

edak
May 27, 2006, 10:43 pm
I used to be a deagles andknife guy, now i use either 1. mp5 & knife 2. deagles and socom 3. m79 & socom (to put m79 noobs back in their place when they think they pwn so I pick on them LOL)

xtishereb
May 27, 2006, 11:37 pm
I use all non-1-hit kill primaries depending on the map, number of players, how pissed I am at the other players, etc., but mostly the MP5 and other autos. Lately I've been growing on the Deagles for some reason. It just makes me feel so l33t shooting M79ers.

For the secondary I use the Chainsaw in case of spawn campers. Sometimes the SOCOM because it's the most fun semi-auto to use.

MOFO NOFO
May 28, 2006, 4:12 am
Well. Im gonna be the noobiest one here and admit that i've been using mainly barret in 1.3.1. Not because its 1hit kill, but because i do a better job then most barretard campers. Every version i have a weapon I [CENSORED] with. 1.1.4 were mp5 + law (heh proning in the air in viet and lawing people)
1.1.5 was ak + knife (the 1st version you could throw it), 1.2 were the deagles + soccom, 1.2.1 were M79/deagles + knife and 1.3 was ruger + saw. I like whoring each version =).

The Geologist
May 28, 2006, 4:19 am
Depends on the map...some maps I use the m79, while others I prefer autos. When I'm using the m79, I'll usually knife and chainsaw. With open range to fire, I'll pull out the law. Of the autos I prefer the AK and Mp5, but the shotgun and deagles are also up there.

If I had to pick one pair, then prolly AK and law.

teacher
May 28, 2006, 7:37 am
 Quote:Originally posted by Zero72Having arrived at this thread via that link in that other closed thread, I name my style The Secret Ancient Arts of 72-Style Everything.

That must be a very powerful style...o.O

Mr. Domino
May 28, 2006, 9:27 am
 Quote:Originally posted by The GeologistWhen I'm using the m79, I'll usually knife and chainsaw.

I find this interesting. I imagined every M79 player used Socom to compensate for the single shot and for added range. Choosing a secondary that doesn't really address the weakness of the primary seems... a bit weird to me. I'll have to try that out.

DeMonIc
May 28, 2006, 12:05 pm
I go by what's best for the map. On close quarters, I'll use DE/Spas/Ruger, on alt route I'll use a barret, when capping needs to be done I'll go with M79. If the enemy storms our base I'll use an auto, and devestate all opposition.

For secondary, I'll use the Law or the saw, for surprise-kills ( works well if you boost yourself with grenades / M79 ).

In realistic, I'll use my trusty Mp5 or Spas, and will continue to cap until the map changes.

Alamo
May 28, 2006, 12:11 pm
I have many different 'styles' as you call it. My styles changed over the years I've been playing and with the different balancings. I always chose what I came along with best and most likely can't remember half of my phases ^^ Nowadays I don't really have a certain style. I just choose a gun, play with it and see if it works ;)
My current stats say I'm mostly Spas + Chainsaw.

Captain Ben
May 28, 2006, 2:02 pm
I almost always pull out my knife right after spawning, but then after that I'll just get in nice and close with an mp5. For larger, more open maps, I drop the mp5 and grab a steyr or ak. Deagles sometimes, but have this funny habit of running around unarmed.

TACKLEbeast666
May 28, 2006, 9:18 pm
RUGER RUGER RUGER, (although i use a magnum weapon skin for it lol)

either that or barrett.

or steyr(uh..i use the weaponskin of a m4 though)

actually, i use every single weapon out there except m79 and minigun.

carnageX
May 28, 2006, 9:44 pm
I started out with the Spas and Socom, or Spas and chainsaw, and I didn pretty good with it.

But now I usually use the MP5 and Socom. Or MP5 and chainsaw. I usually never use my secondary though, because I'll just use my MP5 and throw grenades when I'm reloading, or I think I can get somebody with a desperation grenade XD. I wish they'd make it so grenades could be a secondary...

Most of the time I'm the only one using a different gun other than the Barrett or the M79, and I still usually do pretty good against those 1-hit-kill guns =P.

TACKLEbeast666
May 29, 2006, 12:26 am
on an interesting note (to me..), i pretty much always use socom, either that or knife. although law is very satisfying to use. (to me anyway)

the reason i use socom is, whatever weapon i use (except barrett, and i don't use m79), if i don't kill them before i have to reload, i'll be able to damage them enough, and that's when i switch to socom and finish them off. i have MASTERED the curve of socom, and can do very very long range kills with it, i think it's growing to be my favorite all time weapon with short reload, long range, high damage...

GNU
May 29, 2006, 1:23 am
These days I mainly use Steyr AUG as primary, it's pretty versatile and has good range. It can even match the MP5 close-range if you get in early which is awesome. Although you gotta keep an eye on the ammo as the clip runs out fairly quickly.

But as has been said different situations call for different guns - Deagles rock.

I've always used the Socom as secondary, probably always will.

Morik
May 29, 2006, 3:38 am
Deagles/law

even though most of the time im good with law and not with deagles....or good with deagles and not law

Who flung poo
May 30, 2006, 1:03 am
Depends really... in maps like storm where you're paradropped I'm a Mobile Surface to Air Missle/LAW...in jungle areas camo+MP5+USSOCOM=ambush...In my last clan I was a sniper but than the leader commited suicide....but in areas that are just battlefield I pick the LMG/minime

Ya dawg,
Who Flung Poo

candiedkobolds
May 30, 2006, 11:30 pm
In most maps I have a steyr, with no secondary so I can pick up someone elses weapon if I actually kill someone.
Although on pow_camp I use the ak-74 with socom.
And occasionaly I use barrt and socom or barret and nothing to pick up a steyr or ak from someone else.

edit/note: but I try not to camp if I can avoid it.

XenocidE
May 31, 2006, 12:50 am
On almost all occasions I use Deagles/Knife. If it's a smaller type map (exception of ctf_Nuubia) I'll pull out the HK-MP5. I was told I was good with Deagles at one time. I just lost my touch anymore these days.

GAMEOVER
June 1, 2006, 4:46 pm
Ruger
Aug
Knife

I play more tacticly and will adapt to any playing style thats needed in order for my clan mates to advance. Stuff like personal scores dont really mean much to me in ctf play. I put my teams success before all else. Naturally I am a penetrator type player but I will play the support role if its better for my clanmates and match im in. I can also be a motivator and have a strong work eithic always wanting to improve no matter how good I get or have gotten.