( search forums )
Spam and flood kick!
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Soldat Improvements Discussion
GunPowder
May 25, 2006, 12:41 am
I've been playing in a server and this retarded guy suddenly decided to spam the server, and started taunting without stopping. I hope for a better flood kick system cause it was real annoying. Here's a recorded demo of the dumbtard flooding the server.[URL]

Captain Ben
May 25, 2006, 7:09 am
I think kicking would be a bit extreme... why not just a limit?

Swebonny
May 25, 2006, 6:39 pm
Nah i think kicking is the best way to get thoose lamers of a server.

I like this idea :D

a-4-year-old
May 25, 2006, 11:02 pm
i think they should be banned from typing for a minute if they talk too much

TACKLEbeast666
May 25, 2006, 11:25 pm
i hate those [CENSORED]s who ban people, i got banned off two public servers because the server keep voting me off for "possible hacking" as soon as i stepped into the game. there are a number of people complained about this, what is this hacking detective progrem soldat has? because it sucks ass.

bond_james_bond
May 26, 2006, 12:41 am
What if someone's typing a lot?

Like coming up for a plan in a CW or something.

There should be NO limit on how much you can type

FliesLikeABrick
May 26, 2006, 12:59 am
this can be scripted, it doesn't require a new feature in the server. If someone wants this on their server, post in the developers corner and I'm sure mar77a or enesce or some other code junkie will bang out a simple script that kicks anyone who says more than XX lines per second|minute

shoover
May 26, 2006, 1:48 am
Talk to enesce about this, his server speciallizes in flood kicking.

GunPowder
May 26, 2006, 6:23 pm
 Quote:What if someone's typing a lot?

Like coming up for a plan in a CW or something.

There should be NO limit on how much you can type

If you take a little look on the demo I've linked to, You'll understand what I'm talking about. Not the blabbery type of players, The console abusive one.

Quote:this can be scripted, it doesn't require a new feature in the server. If someone wants this on their server, post in the developers corner and I'm sure mar77a or enesce or some other code junkie will bang out a simple script that kicks anyone who says more than XX lines per second|minute

I know, I've seen it before in other servers, I just want it to be fundamental in the game, Like anyone who says more than 4 lines in one second gets killed by the server and warned, If it's repeated, he gets banned temporarily.

Deleted User
May 28, 2006, 4:37 pm
i thought there was a /mute feature

rabidhamster
May 28, 2006, 6:17 pm
/mute player number

I always tell everyone in the server to do that when someone is acting up.

Deleted User
May 29, 2006, 5:45 pm
player number? Do you mean the name? Or rank by points?