( search forums )
parachute button
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Fidle
May 25, 2006, 1:37 am
i was thinking wile playing bf2 mc that if soldat had a para button so that you can pull out your chute at a high hight so you wouldnt die from the fall.......

jast an idea

Mothafix
May 25, 2006, 9:37 am
We have already jet boots.. No need of parachute.

Deleted User
May 25, 2006, 5:50 pm
One word: Lagrance.

Fangus Deef
May 25, 2006, 5:53 pm
Which means absolutely nothing.

Deleted User
May 25, 2006, 5:54 pm
Well, there are, not too many though, other jet-free maps.

Deleted User
May 26, 2006, 1:02 am
How about in the training maps with no jets?

I think it should be enabled but only if there is an option in the soldat.ini to turn it off just like the sniper line.

Eagles_Arrows
May 26, 2006, 1:03 am
Nah, unecessary for the most parts. You don't see alot of Realistic servers with Lagrange on, and you have those good ole jet boots.

shoover
May 26, 2006, 1:45 am
We already have jets,(What Mothafix said). we already have parachutes.

rhide
May 26, 2006, 12:00 pm
WONDERFUL IDEA!

In realistic mode you could now, if skilled enough, boost downwards with your jets - and open a parachute just in the right time not to die! Also, when you start from a high distance the parachute opens automaticly, wich is pure annoying, a button for it is a lot better!

You should still only have 1 parachute per life though, or it could damage gameplay by speeding it up a lot, without balancing the weapons for that.

zyxstand
May 26, 2006, 1:48 pm
this is totally unnecessary!
first of all, it's lagrange, secondly, there is no place on the map where you could jump of and cause yourself serious damage. you already get parachute upon spawning so why bother! And if you boost yourself downward like rhide said and then wanna quickly slow down, just stand up and use your magical, self-refilling, one-of-a-kind jet-boots!

Vulbastick
May 26, 2006, 8:50 pm
Yeah but people could make maps to go along with the idea of the parachute button.
... I can't immediately think of any ideas but I'm sure some cool things could be done.

TACKLEbeast666
May 26, 2006, 10:21 pm
yea, slowly float downward while i shoot you easily with a gun.

i'm sure pros would not jet-charge 300 feets in the air, then just for the sake of it float slowly downward so the enemies can hit him easier

Bounty Hunter Guy
May 27, 2006, 12:02 am
Make a mod for it? (Is that even possible?!?!)

iDante
May 27, 2006, 2:15 am
wow, rhide that is one of the worst ideas ive heard... In real life parachutes need a certain distance to be deployed. There arent any maps for this. and you get one on spawn.

The Geologist
May 27, 2006, 3:36 am
On maps where you have little/no jets, it's up to the player to stay in control and not jump off of massive heights. There is no need for this.

TACKLEbeast666
May 27, 2006, 5:41 am
just press jet right before you land, that's my parachute right there :)

rhide
May 27, 2006, 2:46 pm
Tackebeast, the point is that you need to sacrifice both time and jet fuel for the slowing in as it is now, with a parashute you could, if skilled enough, boost downwards with all your fuel, not having to think about saving any for the landing.