( search forums )
Samus Gostek from Super Metroid.
Soldat Forums - Soldat Interface Mods & Mod Making - Modding help
MikeShinoda.pheonix
May 26, 2006, 3:44 am
Hi there. I was wondering if anyone that is good at gostek making could come up with a samus aran gostek for me. If you dont know what samus looks like, here: http://www.gsarchives.net/index2.php?category=all&system=snes&game=super_metroid&type=sprites&level0=non-animated&level1=SamusAran

If you could, try to make it look as close to that as possible. I have tried multiple times, but I just get frustrated and I have given up. If someone would like to give a crack at it It would be appreciated. Thx

Rotorvator
May 26, 2006, 6:40 am
Hey, I've been working on one the last two weeks, but it's not quite ready. I still want to modify the grenades to emulate Samus's mines. I'm not sure if I want to modify the guns, because the Metroid universe has very few distinct looking weapons, since all of Samus's are built into her blaster. But, here's a preview! If you can hold out for another week, I should be done and will post the files.

Please, any suggestions on the guns is highly welcomed.

[IMAGE]
[IMAGE]

Again, all critcism and input is highly wanted!

Pride
May 26, 2006, 7:07 am
For lack of a better phrase, I'd hit that.

Deleted User
May 26, 2006, 1:01 pm
wow, Rotorvator's gostek looks awesome.

~AcE~
May 26, 2006, 5:09 pm
Okay, yea, kickass.

MikeShinoda.pheonix
May 27, 2006, 4:07 am
That looks very good Rotorvator. Would you mind if I used it in my metroid mod?

Rotorvator
May 27, 2006, 6:13 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by MikeShinoda.pheonixThat looks very good Rotorvator. Would you mind if I used it in my metroid mod?

Well, if you want to colaborate on the mod, because I planned on making a full Metroid mod evetnually. Since I'm having a lot of problems brainstorming weapons, I think working with someone would be great. I can work on the gosteks and grenade gfx mostly. I plan on creating a Metroid Fusion Samus gostek and attempt a Ridley or a space pirate gostek. What kind of ideas did you have for weapons? Maybe Metroid Hunters from the DS can provide some good ideas.

Keron Cyst
May 27, 2006, 6:50 pm
Consider MP2? That has some variations on weaponry...