( search forums )
#Soldat.Realistic
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
DeMonIc
May 26, 2006, 4:00 pm
Why hello there.

Do you know why isn't Realistic Mode more organised? Why, let me tell you. Because it's not counted as a major fraction of the community. But you and I know that's not true.

Join #Soldat.Realistic at Quakenet. ( http://wiki.soldat.nl/IRC_tutorial ). Atleast, all of you clan leaders / cw arrangers do. If you help me, we can make Real mode rise, and make it as big as normal mode.

Using IRC is like having a clan forum: only it's more convenient to set up CW's and discuss clan matters, because you can immediately talk to members online, instead of having to arrange things a week ahead.

Just think: if you could play quality games, a clan war every day? If with each new version, something good would come for realistic? If the weapon balance wouldn't get worse and worse for RM? If there were more leagues, more players and more servers?

Join #Soldat.Realistic@Quakenet. Tell your friends too.

Deleted User
May 26, 2006, 9:14 pm
Wish you all the best, although the comunity seems a bit small, well who knows, it just might expand as you said.

UGK
May 26, 2006, 9:50 pm
I'm in there son...

DeMonIc
May 27, 2006, 11:10 am
The chan now has features like

!Servers - lists some 24/7 online realistic servers
!Forums - lists realistic-related sites
!Channels - lists cooperating channels and whatnot.

MOFO NOFO
May 27, 2006, 12:53 pm
I'd join but i dont think aus has many realistic servers :( I remember we had 1 at one stage...

RabidTreeFrog
May 28, 2006, 12:55 am
ill join i guess... :/

vash763
May 28, 2006, 8:26 am
I'm in.

RabidTreeFrog
May 28, 2006, 10:56 pm
Is that Vash, The Stampede?

UGK
May 29, 2006, 2:14 am
Some one needs to fix the :[DS]: servers.

Public (soon to go down) 12.129.179.33 23332
Playground 12.129.179.33 32223
Private 12.129.179.33 23232

Avarax
May 29, 2006, 12:38 pm
dude demonic, the RS community is not small and unorganized at all... but nevertheless your channel will hopefully make some more people join funny RS games ^^

DeMonIc
May 29, 2006, 3:08 pm
I know that the realistic scene isn't small, but it's not counted as a major power: I wish to change that. And yes, it is unorganised: I mean, there's 1 realistic cw played for every 50 normal mode cw's, even though the two communities are identically huge.

Ivel
May 29, 2006, 3:11 pm
RS community is not small. IT's just smaller. Although, not everyone likes to play R/S for example me. And nothing can convince me to.

Who flung poo
May 30, 2006, 12:16 am
Da comrade I will join.
Or is it only for clan leaders?

DeMonIc
May 30, 2006, 3:11 pm
No, it isn't, but it would sure help if all the clan leaders would idle there. Supporters are welcome from all camps though :)

Deleted User
May 30, 2006, 4:48 pm
Omg. Real IS small. When I look for Normal servers there are a lot of...and when I look for Realistic servers....there are not even full one list page... sad. ;'(

Rai-Dei
May 30, 2006, 7:14 pm
I play both and More real servers would be great yay!

Deleted User
May 31, 2006, 2:08 pm
I play only realistic now! We need searisly more realistic players!

MOFO NOFO
May 31, 2006, 3:13 pm
I like real.. but i dislike r/s.. especially if ff is on.

edak
May 31, 2006, 10:09 pm
I love RS. I want more Aussie servers!

bond_james_bond
May 31, 2006, 10:56 pm
It's good people like you are trying to make Soldat a better place, more diverse and user-friendly place.

And im serious

Deleted User
June 1, 2006, 11:34 pm
yeah, r/s community is smaller and i think younger, on average. i think one reason the cwing deal is so inefficient between r/s clans is because i've noticed that a lot of the r/s players just use some main r/s soldat servers (pubs) for communication, instead of, say MSN. other than that i think a couple clans use vent and/or TS.
many people in the r/s community who are in clans use these forums: http://dssoldatclan.proboards61.com/

i spent a few months playing r/s and i joined a clan and am still in one now, and i noticed that they make up for the few cw's they play by playing in public servers.
there also arent any real solid rules for r/s clan wars. for example, whether spying and double-capping is allowed is determined at the beginning of a clan war and there is always some confusion about those rules, especially if one clan is on ventrilo :x this may be due to lack of an r/s league with official r/s league rules, but a few people in the r/s community including myself are going to change this sometime soon. a few bugs in the r/s game play are controversial because it seems that MM didn't intend them to be so, obviously, but they do play a big part in the game. i'm talking about the /kill bug at the end of a round.

Fuzzy
June 2, 2006, 2:44 am
R/S is awesome, it is growing big aswell. Many new people would make R/S alot bigger and more challenging.

Jello
June 4, 2006, 10:18 pm
Real > RS.
Thats all there is to say about that. Oh and RS > RS Advance (God I hate that)
Maybe I'll join your channel if i can ever figure out how the hell my IRC program works.

T-Bone
June 6, 2006, 11:59 am
Yes, R/S is quite fun, and its good to play some R/S to get away from all the normal once in a while

RabidTreeFrog
June 6, 2006, 7:08 pm
RS advance is cool! Sometimes...Hide behind a teammate and grab his gun when he dies. :)))