( search forums )
Ctf_Judge (no relation to Ctf_Ferveo)
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
Pride
May 27, 2006, 12:34 am
I made a R/S map. w00t! Desert-ish theme with a city in the middle.
[IMAGE]

Slightly Better Overview

Download

There's one shading problem in the screen shot, but It's fixed in the actual map. And I didn't mean for it to look like ferveo!

rabidhamster
May 27, 2006, 1:11 am
I see you've improved on your building poly layout :D

All that black is a little weird. Stop being lazy and use more poly layers before starting the blank.bmps. Also, don't make the craters that dark, and make the buildings different colors.

Besides that, it's pretty cool.

Pride
May 27, 2006, 3:12 am
Edit'D!

rabidhamster
May 27, 2006, 3:52 am
Much better. Good on ya mate. Now wait and see if an R/S server adds it to their maplist.

Flying_Dutchman
May 27, 2006, 8:15 am
This map reminds me very much Ferveo. The background of the buildings could use some improvement, they look abit boring.

DeMonIc
May 27, 2006, 11:12 am
The sun looks really, really awkward.

Building backgrounds could look a bit more rugged. You dumped the black? ;(

thekingkitty
May 27, 2006, 11:20 am
you know if you want to even have a chance of getting your map on an r/s server, you should go to http://dssoldatclan.proboards61.com thats where the ds r/s servers are located. They are the u13 of r/s servers.

Avarax
May 27, 2006, 12:16 pm
nice... work a bit on the optics and maybe shorten the "non-urban" part, those are not suited for RS because it will cause lame spray. rename it to ctf_cs_arabstreets, thats a CS map that pretty much looks like this :D

Jermies
May 27, 2006, 12:51 pm
I like this. Very nice.

Ivel
May 27, 2006, 3:53 pm
I like how u edited it, although I think that the buldings in the middle r still kinda boring. nice job

Ivel
May 27, 2006, 3:59 pm
Well, maybe he should send it to a server -.-

Pride
May 27, 2006, 5:36 pm
I think I'm going to stop work on this now and begin a new R/S map using all teh advice I've gotten. Thanks everyone for posting, etc.

Major Alwex
May 27, 2006, 6:19 pm
Man, is this Ferveo 2 or something??? reminds me alot of ferveo, but ok gameplay, and its fun playing it. But i rather play ferveo.

TheLetterA
May 27, 2006, 7:19 pm
That was a pretty fun map, I got another person to play it with me and it was pretty good for some RS 1v1.

Awesome map to use a spas on. Hoping to see some more.