( search forums )
CTF Marine
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
orbofwisdom
May 29, 2006, 12:50 am
This is my second complete map, and a CTF map to boot. It's based on a shore setting, and it's pretty open. Although it's a "themed" map, it's pretty playable. I'm not really sure whether the two teams are even in terms of fairness, but ah well. Anyway, please download, and feel free to leave comments and suggestions.

Screenshot:
[IMAGE]

And you can find the download link here:
http://soldatmaps.net/?a=map&id=122

rabidhamster
May 29, 2006, 1:01 am
That lighthouse looks like a helicopter. Download the this scenery pack to put some nice objects in that boat, it looks way too barren.

David S7
May 29, 2006, 1:41 am
I like it, pretty well done. Rabid hamster is right, when first I looked I thought there was a helicopter, but then I looked better and noticed it was a lighthouse ;) .

orbofwisdom
May 29, 2006, 3:16 am
Thanks for the links rabid. I acted on your suggestions, and I must say that it looks a lot better. Both the link and the screenshot should be updated.

Ivel
May 29, 2006, 4:12 am
I luv the looks, but I would never play it in a reel game :D Eyeccandy :D

Eagles_Arrows
May 30, 2006, 2:03 am
this is mostly map art, but meh, it looks nice. What is up with the smokestack?

Chrono
May 30, 2006, 2:07 am
 Quote:Originally posted by Eagles_Arrowsthis is mostly map art, but meh, it looks nice. What is up with the smokestack?

Agreed. It's very nice, you have 122 spawn points :\ . I like the tower, the lights look great. I opened this map up and I think that it's KINDA playable, but not that much.

Beanjo
May 30, 2006, 2:15 am
Unlike most of the people in this topic, I downloaded it and played on it with others. It's nice looking and fun to play on--people shouldn't automatically put off a themed map as unplayable based on a screenshot. The sliding at the bottom is a nice touch. :D Nice map.