( search forums )
Soldat Nerds
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Gruger
May 29, 2006, 4:35 am
I just thought that I should point out, that every single person who plays Soldat well, doesn't have a life [Including Me]. Soldat is a 2-D game with hackers, and all those people who think they are so cool [You know who you are, the ones who dis noobs] are actually geeks and losers in real life. That's all I have to say. Just It was bugging me that you guys were dissing noobs even though they are actually not the computer geeks who know everything. [And I bet Geologist is going to be the first to write something bad]

Ivel
May 29, 2006, 4:38 am
Agreed? Disagreed? Don't feel like discussing this

?
May 29, 2006, 4:38 am
I have a life... don't speak for everyone buddy

MOFO NOFO
May 29, 2006, 4:53 am
I dont.

Ivel
May 29, 2006, 4:55 am
I have a feeling that this is going to be a bad topic. gruger is my neighbor and he was over my house when posting this :\ I better tell him to delete this [CENSORED]... Noob :D

The Geologist
May 29, 2006, 4:59 am
When did I diss noobs? And who are you?

Ivel
May 29, 2006, 5:01 am
Geologist, ignore it lol. I will go to his house and personaly punch him :D Mod, lock topic, plz

teacher
May 29, 2006, 5:26 am
He must be one of the noobs we dis!

Ivel
May 29, 2006, 5:28 am
 Quote:Originally posted by teacherHe must be one of the noobs we dis!

Rofl, WE, You mean they??? Lol. I mean I know I'm not one of those who dis, but im not a noob :( I hope!

Liber_Lupus
May 29, 2006, 5:33 am
So..if you play a computer game, you automatically have 'no life'?

Ivel
May 29, 2006, 5:36 am
Well since I probebly know him the best, I think he's trying to say that you think your so cool cuz ur a computer nerd who knows everything bout computers. ????idk ask him.

UGK
May 29, 2006, 5:48 am
 Quote:Originally posted by Gruger [And I bet Geologist is going to be the first to write something bad]

You profiling asswipe!

_Mancer_
May 29, 2006, 7:07 am
Christ Gruger, you could at least TRY not to set yourself up for failure and insults.

TACKLEbeast666
May 29, 2006, 7:08 am
www.myspace.com/themeisterman

come on dude, i want to see what you look like gruger

shoover
May 29, 2006, 7:13 am
Ever since I was 11, ive lived inside my house. I have been pretty retarded (Although nothing, no add no brain tumor has been tested inside me) Ever since i was a little kid. Im very retarded in some circumstances and really had no life. I was probably a nerdy nerd until 10th grade. I really couldnt pay attention, i was the most overrated person in my class (out of 406) And i was very lonely.

Its not like that I can change all that now. I can be very regular ( I am now ) but that is too late. Every day after school i usually talk to a friend or two that comes over and we usually goto 7-11 or play PS2 in my room.

Thats really the only thing that I do socially in the real life. I used to have a mcdonalds job for a year but i quit that, because that was a horrible job. Because of a horrible thinking mind i have, i wont be able to focus as much as everybody else. I forget easily im not that good that paying attention. So i lowered myself into computers.

I started out the first 4 years playing on a gaming internet site called zone.msn.com under many names such as cheatmaster9, death_67, RJK_Cheat, IM_On_Sale, and many more. I was ok, i used to make a lot of scenarios and host alot of games, but at the end, i had to call it quits. Because i wasnt really getting anywhere with all this star wars galactic battleground stuff. When I aim'ed my buddy for general discussion, he said he was playing soldat. Of course that was the origin of that (This was about a year ago).

Soldat I got so addicted to (Like Star wars galactic Battlegrounds) That i decided to go a little farther. Of course i started hosting. Right after I found about a singleplayer climbmap server. I tried it. As i evolved into the climbmaps i had learned and played, I hosted a dedicated climb server, yea that started a reputation very well. Until Enesce's Climb Servers drove my server nobody. So i stopped hosting servers for a while and went back to just playing and trying to live a life.

Right now im 16 years old. Im at the end of my sophomore school. Im trying to develop in php. Using the leftover money i had i made a website, and 2 soldat servers. I hope that I can bring back the life that i never had. I lost many relatives and probably alot of brain cells in my life. But that never stopped me from trying.

The Point of all this is Yes, there are some geeks and losers and emos out there. But that does not mean that they dont have good reasons for that. If you actually took the time and read all this, thats good, because right now that is what I am going through right now.

Word Count: 501

MOFO NOFO
May 29, 2006, 7:23 am
Let me end this by typing lol.

Vijchtidoodah
May 29, 2006, 7:41 am
Gruger, I'm sure the only things you consider a "life" are going outside to be active and having friends. In all honesty, people who don't do those things are the minority on these forums. I know plenty of active people, for instance, such as Geo who rock climbs, S4R who skates, Peemonkey who goes to the shooting range, and ? who goes to parties to watch his cousin turn into a lesbian slut. Meanwhile, these same people are out making friends -- and those that aren't outside doing that, are inside and making friends. What do you think clans are other than a group of people to hang out with (albeit not physically)? Meanwhile, IRC is a great place to make enemies while talking about absolutely nothing, and the forums are just for bored people who want to make fun of others.

Yes, you will find nerds/geeks/dorks in Soldat, but these same people are defying the stigmas of old and are leading society as one of the most popular, trendsetting, and suprisingly active groups out there. People who are too cool for their own good are this generation's losers, the people that nobody really likes. The rest of us are actually interesting, friendly people.

So watch what words you throw around, because you'll find that whatever beliefs Hollywood films have snuck into your head during the 80's and 90's are all wrong.

About those people you hate who call you a noob, however, that's just in-game banter. Few people really mean it, and those that do are generally just frustrated males who need to feel some control or authority in the world -- it isn't just limited to geeks, but since they're the ones who play these games more than anyone else, you might just coincidentally be correct most of the time.

?
May 29, 2006, 7:44 am
 Quote:? who goes to parties to watch his cousin turn into a lesbian slut
That was a mistake... we don't talk now... she knows why

Zegovia
May 29, 2006, 7:49 am
"Only noobs call others noob..."

Thats my way of soldat, dattebayo!!!

No seriously, i spend most of my time drawing, playing other games than soldat, reading stuff and getting owned by my bro at SSBM and Soul calibur...

shoover
May 29, 2006, 7:52 am
Vij Im not getting what you are saying, the internet itself is the worst thing to happen in the entire world. The internet is used for computer's to communicate between one and another. Thats the definition. But when you look at people communicating towards each other, its way different. And you cant consider text, image and a voice enough. You have to know them actually, how they adpot towards culture and how they ACTUALLY respond comments besides a pity lol and an omg.

GNU
May 29, 2006, 7:54 am
GNU rocks.

Vijchtidoodah
May 29, 2006, 8:03 am
 Quote:Originally posted by shooverVij Im not getting what you are saying, the internet itself is the worst thing to happen in the entire world. The internet is used for computer's to communicate between one and another. Thats the definition. But when you look at people communicating towards each other, its way different. And you cant consider text, image and a voice enough. You have to know them actually, how they adpot towards culture and how they ACTUALLY respond comments besides a pity lol and an omg.

I'm assuming these are the things that you think are needed to be a true friend, right? If so, you're absolutely right. It is different, but not in a bad way. People still interact in a very unique manner. It does take time to be able to read into people's true feelings without the aid of subliminal physical communication and tone of voice, but it's still possible. You can still figure out how they adapt to culture through what they say and do.

The side note here, however, is that in adolescence you rarely craft true, close bonds with people because they are so fake all the time -- no matter what form of communication you use to make those friendships.

?
May 29, 2006, 8:10 am
 Quote:Originally posted by Vijchtidoodah Quote:Originally posted by shooverVij Im not getting what you are saying, the internet itself is the worst thing to happen in the entire world. The internet is used for computer's to communicate between one and another. Thats the definition. But when you look at people communicating towards each other, its way different. And you cant consider text, image and a voice enough. You have to know them actually, how they adpot towards culture and how they ACTUALLY respond comments besides a pity lol and an omg.

I'm assuming these are the things that you think are needed to be a true friend, right? If so, you're absolutely right. It is different, but not in a bad way. People still interact in a very unique manner. It does take time to be able to read into people's true feelings without the aid of subliminal physical communication and tone of voice, but it's still possible. You can still figure out how they adapt to culture through what they say and do.

The side note here, however, is that in adolescence you rarely craft true, close bonds with people because they are so fake all the time -- no matter what form of communication you use to make those friendships.

Aye as much love haning out with friends "irl" i do love friends on the net, such as dan, noob, mar77a and ebby to name a few. Its really just like a normal friendship but you can't touch them really, we fight laugh and if you pay attention you can really tell if someone is having a bad day or what-have-you so yeah vij i think your right its a new day, these friendships are just pushed into the dark by pervs trying to get underaged sex and other cliche internet things

Vijchtidoodah
May 29, 2006, 8:17 am
 Quote:Originally posted by ?[quote]these friendships are just pushed into the dark by pervs trying to get underaged sex and other cliche internet things

So you don't really like Dan then, eh? :D

?
May 29, 2006, 8:28 am
:P he is ok some of the times

MOFO NOFO
May 29, 2006, 9:11 am
GNU rocks.

frogboy
May 29, 2006, 10:11 am
 Quote:Originally posted by _Mancer_Christ Gruger, you could at least TRY not to set yourself up for failure and insults.
I thought that was the whole point.

Anyway, I do so have a life. I went outside last weekend.

Ivel
May 29, 2006, 2:49 pm
Lol, I'm not on Gruger's side, but LAST WEEKEND, rofl, why not today? :D

Eagles_Arrows
May 29, 2006, 4:13 pm
stfu Gruger

rabidhamster
May 29, 2006, 4:34 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by TACKLEbeast666www.myspace.com/themeisterman

add me on myspace, and see if i'm a douche or not

That was the most pathetic attempt of trying to save yourself from being called a nerd.

(by the way, I'm an outcast nerd)

Fraggy
May 29, 2006, 5:09 pm
reply to 1:

welcome to the internet??

Echo_Trail
May 29, 2006, 6:33 pm
Playing soldat is not about not having a life, even if you're damn good at it. I play soldat because I like it, not because I can't run anything else.
I'm very much in love with the hole simplicity of it, and how organised it is with the forum and all.

In other words: You don't know [CENSORED], so shut the [CENSORED] up you [CENSORED]!
Good day now..

TACKLEbeast666
May 29, 2006, 7:41 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by rabidhamster Quote:Originally posted by TACKLEbeast666www.myspace.com/themeisterman

add me on myspace, and see if i'm a douche or not

That was the most pathetic attempt of trying to save yourself from being called a nerd.

(by the way, I'm an outcast nerd)

what the hell douche? lol i'm like the pimpest kid in my school...and that's my myspace, add me, and i'll give you a message "you suck big heavy sweaty balls"

alright dude fine i love video games and computer games, but hey, i got a life, my social life's pretty awesome if you ask me.

GNU rocks.
theMEISTERman rocks.

EDIT:why don't we all post a picture of ourself or something, like with a friend..or playing sports for school...or won a track competition.....

can someone tel me how to post a picture on here, i want to post one.

rabidhamster
May 29, 2006, 8:47 pm
1. I'm not accusing you of being a super-nerd, the kind who has no life and watches anime all night long. A 100% non-nerd would just look at Soldat and say "That game looks like [CENSORED]" and walk away. If they were slightly interested, they would only play it for a bit, and not even think about visiting their forums. However, I agree completely about your social life. I have a decent one as well. I'm just saying we're all slightly nerdy.

2. Images- If you have a myspace image you want to share, and if you use firefox, right click the image on myspace and select "copy image location." Paste the text into a reply, and format it so it looks like this:
[IMAGE]

Ebby
May 29, 2006, 9:45 pm
Eh. I'm in college, I go out everyday and hangout on the weekend with friends. so indeed, speak for yourself, but yes we are geeks for playing this game.

shoover
May 29, 2006, 9:55 pm
somebody will start a topic saying there last words, then kill themselves, i guarantee that.

TACKLEbeast666
May 29, 2006, 11:02 pm
hey i really don't think games stop you from social in any way, i can bench 175 pounds and deadlift 215 pounds....and i'm sure a lot of you guys are very atheletic too, play video games doesn't mean you have no life or anything like that. they dont contradict each other

Deleted User
May 29, 2006, 11:30 pm
I was too busy having a life to make my own post.

Fake Edit: And before you say it, I do do other stuff than draw Soldat comics when im not playing soldat ;P

Quote:Originally posted by Echo_TrailPlaying soldat is not about not having a life, even if you're damn good at it. I play soldat because I like it, not because I can't run anything else.
I'm very much in love with the hole simplicity of it, and how organised it is with the forum and all.

In other words: You don't know [CENSORED], so shut the [CENSORED] up you [CENSORED]!
Good day now..

TACKLEbeast666
May 30, 2006, 1:20 am
guys come on, just let it go, i mean this guy's kinda right...those "1337"ers go around calling everybody noobs are definately douches (forum doesn't censor this word)...so he's kinda right, let's just all let it go.

what's up with all those
"good day sir!"
"you sir are a riot!" ish comments..

Unlucky 13
May 30, 2006, 6:16 am
"The side note here, however, is that in adolescence you rarely craft true, close bonds with people because they are so fake all the time -- no matter what form of communication you use to make those friendships."

Agreed. Anyone you try to make a friend with (at least, I have this problem) will usually ditch you for someone "more like themselves". Although there are good people out there, and they are the ones you can really count on.

teacher
May 31, 2006, 4:58 pm
Omg, there's some really long post here aren't there? Anyway, why even bother proving your not a no-life-loser? It's not like anyone here really cares what you do on your spare time.

DragonSlayer
May 31, 2006, 5:36 pm
You can be good and have a life. Problem solved.

Fraggy
May 31, 2006, 7:25 pm
this is such a stupid topic...i mean, not all gamers are actually nerds.. in the top of E-sport you will find no nerds i assure you

Vijchtidoodah
May 31, 2006, 8:50 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by teacherOmg, there's some really long post here aren't there? Anyway, why even bother proving your not a no-life-loser? It's not like anyone here really cares what you do on your spare time.

I guess you're talking to me. Anybody on here who knows me also knows that I'm anything but a person with no life -- if I was lame enough to have to prove so, I could just ask them to tell you. I was explaining how Gruger was wrong about everyone in general, which is why I used several people as examples instead of just pretending like I was the average player.

Deleted User
June 1, 2006, 3:59 pm
I'm getting dissed randomly. Does that mean I'm a random noob?

GAMEOVER
June 1, 2006, 4:38 pm
Well its nice of you to start a pretty worthless topic regarding something you feel about everyone but really show about yourself. I am an older player (23). I work, I pay my bills, and I play Soldat as a hobby along side building computers. This is a healthy hobby that keeps me around my familly instead of going out the bars or clubs. Quite a few of the people in this community need to grow up including yourself. You dont know most of these players who play and you dont always know the reasons why so many people play, it being fun aside. So get a life because you sound like your in need of one and stop sterotyping people in this community of ours.

XenocidE
June 1, 2006, 5:36 pm
I really don't have to much of a life. When my friends are in town, from college, I'll hang out with them for a day or two. Otherwise, I have a family to take care of. My job revolves around computers. I monitor and manager DSL and internet customers for the business I work for. Troubleshooting computer, internet, and network issues is what I mainly do. Of course I have not gone to college yet and got my Associates in Network Engineering (which is what I want to do).

Saying someone who plays a 2-D game and calls people noobs on forums doesn't exactly incline that they know nothing about computers and are just nerds without lives. You are just saying that everyone that does this is a stereotype and for you yourself, this is why people are proclaimed to flaming you.

P.S. And yes I am a nerd. But my good man, Nerds run this world and without us so called 'nerds' you wouldn't even be on the internet right now. You wouldn't have as many ways to learn things you could of never even known of.

Bob Loblaw
June 1, 2006, 8:29 pm
I am a 500lb white kid who can't walk without the aid of an electrical wheelingschair. Yes that's right I said wheelingschair.

P.S Hi Gruger

CKA Le MeSsiE
June 2, 2006, 8:32 pm
Arf, it's human, so when it's human the wrong thing is in the human's spirit.
So, what can we do? Laught of them

(Leur rire à la gueule en français)

lithium
June 3, 2006, 5:46 pm
Um, wow? Playing a stupid computer game does not automatically mean you have no life. Soldat and the computer is a very, very small part of my life, a distraction at most. Maybe your theory applies to you, but don't try to speak for everyone.

Nuts
June 4, 2006, 3:31 pm
Define life.

nfsjunkie91
June 5, 2006, 12:06 am
Only nerds leave  Quote:I edited my profile with Thomas Myspace Editor V3.6!
on their myspace.

In regards to first post, I don't really have much of a social life, but I talk to my "RL" friends over instant messaging services, and play online games with them. Also, I referee games for a local soccer organization, even though I'm considered a nerd. If you are ever called a "n00b", chances are you were acting like one, even when other "n00bs" are insulting you. Most of the time, people new to the game will call vets "n00bs" when they make the slightest mistake. However, judging by your post, you are one of those who deserves to be called a "n00b."

T-Bone
June 6, 2006, 9:32 am
I have a life, i just play soldat cause its fun. It's not impossible to have a life and enjoy video games at the same time...

OFF TOPIC: Mancer, where did you get that pic in your sig? are there any other guns drawn in similar style?

TACKLEbeast666
June 6, 2006, 11:10 pm
jesus christ guys..if a [CENSORED] one day said "HEY GUYS I LIKE MAN! AND GUESS WHAT IF YOU LIKE PIZZA!! YOU ARE TOO!!!" would you all go up to him and start explaining how you love boobs and women....christ guys, just let it go

Quote:Originally posted by nfsjunkie91Only nerds leave  Quote:I edited my profile with Thomas Myspace Editor V3.6!
on their myspace.

it actually came with my myspace backround.......so...you can't take it off...it comes with my all green pimpin myspace layout......you piece of dumb [CENSORED]

The Geologist
June 7, 2006, 8:33 am
After what you've done in this topic, and how you've tried to defend your non-nerd status, you have no room to talk. Please stop mentioning your myspace profile and telling others to let it go. Please.

TACKLEbeast666
June 8, 2006, 4:05 am
this topic is so [CENSORED] lol....am i the only one realizing that?

GNU
June 8, 2006, 5:57 am
GNU is awesome, yes it's true
GNU will rock the socks off you
GNU is awesome, that's no lie
GNU will now recite some pi...

I have the market cornered on nerdery.

Nuts
June 8, 2006, 9:07 am
Who cares does someone have life or not!!