Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
Deleted User
May 29, 2006, 9:26 pm
DodgeBall Beam - by Lapis Lazuli

Screenshot:

[IMAGE]

Download:

Here.

My first map in awhile. It's rather small, so it makes for some fairly close knife fights. Battle in the sky and avoid the pits of death to see which side can claim King of the Hill.

Server admins, feel free to use the map as you like.

rabidhamster
May 29, 2006, 9:49 pm
Lacks in poly detail just a bit, but that's not a real concern. Layout looks rather intense, which should be fun :D

One question: Why does your polyworks have anti-aliased wireframe?

Ivel
May 29, 2006, 9:55 pm
It looks like a 2 min job. Although I like how its cemetrical. Yoo should take it, add scenery and ... idk stuff. Also, if u have less then 3 scenerys, u will get "Wrong Map Version"

Eagles_Arrows
May 29, 2006, 11:01 pm
Dodgeball maps do not need any scenery, and they're supposed to be symmetrical.

rabidhamster
May 30, 2006, 12:30 am
But it's required EA.

Eagles_Arrows
May 30, 2006, 2:18 am
^no wonder db_stadium_1's been [CENSORED]ing with me.

Psyl3ntShad0w
May 30, 2006, 4:20 pm
knives usually end up at the lowest part of the map...in this case the death pits...umm might want to fix that somehow...perhaps move the pits somewhere else?

Avarax
May 30, 2006, 5:22 pm
why does everybody stick to DB maps now? i seem to be a trendsetter in all "different" maps xD

Chrono
May 31, 2006, 2:17 am
Uh... I just started making DB maps because EnEsCe started his server. Has nothing to do with you.

Avarax
May 31, 2006, 12:01 pm
well, he started it also because of my db maps i think...

Major Alwex
May 31, 2006, 7:58 pm
well me and dutchie used to play Dodgeball on his server, but back then we used m79 ;) and on maps like death

Flying_Dutchman
May 31, 2006, 8:02 pm
Yea, that was kinda a different form of dodgeball. it was just m79 and knife only, on regular maps.

Norris Scott
June 1, 2006, 11:14 am
I actually prefer M79, makes it more interesting. Of course, the splashback takes away from the 'dodge' feel of it, but you know? At least the game isn't stalled because there's no more M79's left.

Avarax
June 1, 2006, 11:18 am
you could modifiy barret to have the same bullet speed like m79, then there wouldnt be splash

Deleted User
June 5, 2006, 12:50 am
 Quote:Originally posted by Avaraxwell, he started it also because of my db maps i think...

No... I started because
a) Shoover's was too laggy for me
b) I played dodgeball in some random aussie server, and enjoyed it.
c) I run 'fun' servers, dodgeball is fun... so yeah.

shoover
June 5, 2006, 3:00 am
Thats why im sick of all this bull[CENSORED] about spammers coming into my server and mentioning it. Not to mention that I spent my money on it and still cant figure out why its broken. Its pissing me off.

So far lapis i give it an 8 out of 10.

The Blue and Red Polygons im assuming are those jumping polygons like starball. if most servers are realistic for dodgeball then it would cuase pain when jumping on them. The benefit is you get the jump with a small cost.

It looks like the median (or to where you throw the dodgeball) is a bit short. It would change the angle of throwing just a little bit if they were to go high. Not to mention the perfectly vertical walls that the players could stick on.

Other then that lapis, very good job.