( search forums )
Grappling
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Who flung poo
May 30, 2006, 12:31 am
Hey,
Well for the next Soldat version I would like rocket propelled grappling hooks like in WWII, all Soldats would have a one-shot ONLY hook launcher, the rope would last for the whole game unless it got shot up or hit by a flamer.

EDIT: It would always be on the Soldat and you would access it by G.
and you can climb up the rope it leaves behind like on steep cliffs.
ya know?

It would be nice,
Who Flung it

rabidhamster
May 30, 2006, 3:00 pm
You never said what it would do, or where it would go in the game.

SERIAL KILLeR
May 30, 2006, 10:51 pm
soldat is to fast paced to be climbing on ropes :/ and we already got jets.

Eagles_Arrows
May 30, 2006, 11:59 pm
Useless weapon.

TACKLEbeast666
May 31, 2006, 1:06 am
yea this is same with the parachute idea...WE CAN FLY. you dont' ever see superman go around using those batman hooks or his cape-parachute do you?

Yuth
May 31, 2006, 2:10 am
You can't use the Jets if the map is without Jet Fuel.
I support this. *Thumb Up*

But only if you can pull out a Soccom or Knife while climbing.

EDIT: Or any Primary that you might have on you.

Who flung poo
May 31, 2006, 2:18 am
Yuth has got the idea right-o lad

GNU
May 31, 2006, 2:38 am
It would be interesting but seems a bit specific and as a result too much effort would be required to make it happen.

I mean if you use it in maps with no jet... then new maps have to be created to allow the specific use of the hook when you could just as easily use the jets.

Yuth
May 31, 2006, 2:42 am
I was thinking of the maps without Jet Fuel which are filled with hinderance and difficulties just for the fun to be the first to get at the end of the map. This hook could help you on your way to the finish line. As well as maybe attaching yourself to another?

zyxstand
May 31, 2006, 2:43 am
it think he's just trying to bring it back to the way soldat's original is. Liero. That's basically the fastest way to get around, the grappling hook. It's so insanely fast-paced that it's impossible to ably aim and shoot. But since it [Liero] is so fast paced AND has grappling gun it must be able to be done. So it's rly an interesting idea... ask michal for his opinion in the many aspects that HE has to face...

scourge
May 31, 2006, 2:44 am
why would you ever use a hook when you could fly. to make this worthwhile, you would either have to have an insanley long rope or super climb speeds, probably both. not a good idea...

Yuth
May 31, 2006, 2:50 am
Liero's grappler is indeed nice, though the cursor in Liero is dull.
This grappler would be a precious thing to maps without Jet Fuel - Think about it.

I suppose this would take a while to implement, but it's worth the while.

TACKLEbeast666
May 31, 2006, 4:25 am
yea i'm sure superman one day decided flying is [CENSORED] so he ditched his cape and stole batman's grappling tool. but then he found out earth is too flat so he went to god and asked god to remake earth to 13.2 version, so earth would contain more areas for him to use his new grappling gun.

Yuth
June 1, 2006, 9:14 am
 Quote:Originally posted by TACKLEbeast666yea i'm sure superman one day decided flying is [CENSORED] so he ditched his cape and stole batman's grappling tool. but then he found out earth is too flat so he went to god and asked god to remake earth to 13.2 version, so earth would contain more areas for him to use his new grappling gun.

Your Sh!tChat has no place in this Topic.
Why do you even bother to reply? - Prick.

TACKLEbeast666
June 2, 2006, 7:35 pm
i was kinda using another topic to show my point...but hey if you're nerdiness is too much to handle a simple joke, then i'm sorry i offended you by typing on such a 1337 forum

Eagles_Arrows
June 2, 2006, 8:14 pm
 Quote:Your Sh!tChat has no place in this Topic.
Why do you even bother to reply? - Prick.
Don't bypass forum censors.

There aren't alot of jetless maps in the Soldat World. The only I can find are Tranquil and the default Lagrange. So this implementation of the grappling gun will be, for the most parts, a waste of time.

a-4-year-old
June 2, 2006, 9:40 pm
ok, the original grapple is only useful if the map has low/no fuel, that eliminates it's usefulness on the vast majority of all maps, and it would pretty much screw over a bunch of climbing maps.

Eagles_Arrows
June 2, 2006, 11:57 pm
^Ah, yes, climbing maps, I remember those.

*imagines what climbing maps would be with grappling hooks*

Yuth
June 3, 2006, 1:47 pm
Waste of time is to not improve the game with cool features.
Grappling gun would be a cool feature.

MOFO NOFO
June 3, 2006, 4:04 pm
The only proper map i know without jets is lagrange, and there arnt even any platforms to grapple onto.
Most non-jet maps you'd encounter would either be climbing ones or ones with no platforms. Useless idea.

Yuth
June 4, 2006, 4:31 pm
The idea is not useless. FFs.
The Default maps for Soldat aren't the only maps.

Eagles_Arrows
June 4, 2006, 4:39 pm
Name some popular custom maps that have no jet fuel.

Dark_Noddy
June 4, 2006, 5:23 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by Eagles_ArrowsName some popular custom maps that have no jet fuel.

If there would be a hook, its mostly likely that (if ppl would use it) there would be more known low jet maps..

I find this idea interesting.. It would add new aspect to the game, but I dont see it fit into the soldat gameplay.. so :/