( search forums )
Server Milti Game Modes
Soldat Forums - Server Talk - Server Help
Oosband
May 30, 2006, 9:02 pm
I don't know if this is quite possible, but I wanted to set my server up to milti-task...

I was wondering if it was posible to tell an IRC bot, say "!ctf" and it would load a new soldat.ini file and a new maplist.txt file set up for ctf play. That way, I can easilly switch my server about to the game style I want to play.

Would anyone know how I could go about doing this, and if it's not possible with a program ARSSE (What I'm currently using), would any other programs make this possible?

Thank you.

rabidhamster
May 30, 2006, 10:16 pm
It isn't :(

Tell shawn that his fans haven't forgotten about him.

Oosband
May 30, 2006, 11:38 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by rabidhamsterIt isn't :(

Tell shawn that his fans haven't forgotten about him.

Are you sure it's not possible, I don't mind so much aout changing the soldat.ini file, but can I not change game modes and map list?

---

Oh, and you do know that Shawn hung himself right?

Deleted User
May 31, 2006, 1:54 am
You can use the /loadcon command to reload Soldat.ini
To change gamemode, use the /gamemode command
For CTF: /gamemode 3
For DM: /gamemode 0

When the next server version comes out, you will be able to do /loadcon ctf.ini or /loadcon dm.ini etc, just hang tight.

Oosband
May 31, 2006, 1:58 am
 Quote:Originally posted by EnEsCeYou can use the /loadcon command to reload Soldat.ini
To change gamemode, use the /gamemode command
For CTF: /gamemode 3
For DM: /gamemode 0

When the next server version comes out, you will be able to do /loadcon ctf.ini or /loadcon dm.ini etc, just hang tight.

I knew about the /gamemode stuff, but thanks for the /loadcon info!
Any idea as to when the next server version will be out? Cause that sounds pretty good.