( search forums )
grenade bouncing
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
zyxstand
May 31, 2006, 1:26 pm
grenade bounce unpredictably - that's a fact. sometimes when they bounce against the floor they actually gain speed and fly faster - where's the real physix in that? Other times, the grenade doesn't bounce at all and just rolls on in a completely inelastic collision - also weird. Rarely will one see a grenade bounce at a realistic manner.
All I'm asking is for MM to fix this glitch and make the grenade be more... predictable! it then might just be used more strategically. I understand that there are different polygon types (hard, soft, etc.) but it still acts weird then...

edit: and since I'm American, by football I don't mean soccer. I mean [whatever you not-americans call it]

FliesLikeABrick
May 31, 2006, 7:11 pm
grenades aren't round, just like footballs. Have you ever tried to roll a football in a straight line, or throw/bounce it such that it bounces in a predictable fashion?

I think they're fine as they are, I haven't seen them do anything that is so horrible for gameplay.

Go try and bounce a grenade for me, show me how that happens. Last time I checked, grenades were dense, made out of metal, and didn't roll or bounce off of anything except a piece of rubber.

Dathker
May 31, 2006, 9:33 pm
they roll, especially flash/smokes, frags roll kind of oddly (like a football good example ^_^) but i also think that nades are good the way the ayr.

a-4-year-old
May 31, 2006, 9:51 pm
should grinades even bounce that much?

i dont know the exact weight of a grinade but judging from the movies i see, they almost never bounce.

GNU
May 31, 2006, 11:24 pm
It's Soldat, they're aloud to bounce, makes it more fun.

Jermies
June 1, 2006, 6:53 am
Its a bloody game... why is everyone so legalistic these days :|

edak
June 1, 2006, 8:44 am
 Quote:Originally posted by FliesLikeABrickgrenades aren't round, just like footballs. Have you ever tried to roll a football in a straight line, or throw/bounce it such that it bounces in a predictable fashion?

I think they're fine as they are, I haven't seen them do anything that is so horrible for gameplay.

Go try and bounce a grenade for me, show me how that happens. Last time I checked, grenades were dense, made out of metal, and didn't roll or bounce off of anything except a piece of rubber.

Grenades might not be round, but these grenades dont rotate in the air and always hit on the same angle (approximately), so WT?

bja888
June 1, 2006, 3:46 pm
oh! oh! story time!

I love it when....
- You toss bounce a nade off the roof but instead of coming back down the roof eats it and spits out the top. So your nade ends up outside the map!
- You dont have time to stop and shoot at the person fallowing you so you bounce a nade off the nears object in front of you. And even with your expert aim and timing, the wall sends it right back at you like it was heat seeking and you die.

Fraggy
June 1, 2006, 7:37 pm
omg :) he already axplains to himself what's stupid about the post without noticing it.. -(0_o)-