( search forums )
3 Ideas: Morter, Stinger, and Slots
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
DmenX3
May 31, 2006, 3:13 pm
Ok here are my ideas....as a military freak geek, i thirst for an even more in-depth game play so i was thinking of the following...
1. Morter: Can only fire at 45 to -45 degree angle. Fairly low speed but shoots M79 grenade. Would add more to maps im working on like ctf_Meseries_Trenches, which is made to work like WWI where both teams fire like crazy and when they think they killed enough they rush the bunkers. This morter would add reason to get into and under cover for large groups of people and could works as covering fire.
2. Stinger: A law missle, that is guided by the direction of your mouse. Slow but accurate. If u have ever played Perfect Dark it would be like the wire guided missle (without the wire =D)
3. More Slots!: Just more weapon slots, like I wanna have a gun like an M4 with a 203 40mm grenade launcher. primary is shooting, secondary is grenade launcher. And Id replace the m79 with AUTO GRENADE LAUNCHER...i believe that the best real one is something like XM 109? im not sure, but u can check around.....they do have 'em.....had 'em for a long time.....And just like....more weapon slots, bayonets, nade launcher attached to rifle, and maybe a rocket launcher turret? already modding the hell out of the turret and its pretty neat, but really fake looking...

FliesLikeABrick
May 31, 2006, 7:08 pm
please don't make suggestions more than once (the weapon slot idea)

Dathker
May 31, 2006, 9:36 pm
a mortar? i'm pretty sure you can shoot a law 45degrees and it will have the same effect. and the stinger might be cool, but it would promote lots of camping and sitting around, and slow game play.

Deleted User
May 31, 2006, 9:42 pm
i personally like the stinger idea..its been suggested lots of times before..but i still like it...that and a bayonet on certain guns...(ruger..ak..ect.)

a-4-year-old
May 31, 2006, 9:49 pm
1. mortar is just a sucky law/m79
2. would be a pointless but awsome WM option for every weapon
3. no, more balance issues? no more autos, no more missles no more asplody things.

Jermies
June 1, 2006, 6:52 am
Yes, Law bombing is fun, but not practical. The reload is too long. With the mortar I guess his idea is less reload, but more restrictions.

DmenX3
June 2, 2006, 1:29 am
Roger Jermies, that sounds about right. And I have moded my LAW to fire like a morter, but two problems remain: Direct fire and I lose my law spot.

Eagles_Arrows
June 2, 2006, 2:47 am
1. Useless for closed maps. Nay.
2. In other words, a slower LAW that you can control. Nay.
3. No more bombs! Think of the freakin' weapon balance issues it will cause! Nay.

vash763
June 2, 2006, 8:32 am
Just get a minigun and a Law, and when you die you can have two of your choice!

TACKLEbeast666
June 2, 2006, 7:33 pm
i just have one suggestion/comment to make. they could make the law to have three modes, and you can choose the mode when you select weapons :) this way it's fun and you can grab the original law when you want to.