( search forums )
Ctf_AA_Bridge Crossing
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
Flying_Dutchman
May 31, 2006, 6:17 pm
The third AA map, Bridge Crossing. It's the first where I actually used Multitexturing. I'm really satisfied with the result.
The fighting around the middle tower can be really intense, while the fights around the basetowers can be silent and bloodcurdling.
One advise, you'd better hug the cover there is.
I hope you enjoy it.

Overview
Blue Tower
Truck
Middle Tower

Download

Avarax
May 31, 2006, 6:26 pm
the truck blows. :O <3

i will add it too my server to see if it's good :)

Deleted User
May 31, 2006, 6:42 pm
wow.. the best map i've seen in months:O

GREAT JOb!

Major Alwex
May 31, 2006, 7:17 pm
Love this map. Been playing it Alot on Realsoldat.tk server, and yea mid tower is pretty intense, but when u get past that it gets more stealthy and sneaky. Best map i played since i started playing soldat again, sure you will see this alot on avarax servers, hopefully many of the other RS servers aswell.

DeMonIc
May 31, 2006, 7:40 pm
Looks great, your best map yet no doubt, but all those backgrounds could prove distracting. My advice? Bigger contrast in brightness between the solid buildings and the backgrounds. I mean, much bigger.

Avarax
May 31, 2006, 7:47 pm
i told him that too, but he didnt realize it :(

Flying_Dutchman
May 31, 2006, 7:56 pm
I'll condider it. It's just that I prefer subtile fluid passings over passings with big contrasts.
I tested the map thoroughly in a public server and the lower parts didn't cause any confusion.

Deleted User
May 31, 2006, 9:27 pm
Err...The Looks and all are great, good job on that.
But isn't Bridge more of a camping map? I think it'd be better suited as an inf,
with a bit more cars on the defending site and such.
But that's just my oppinion.

Edit:

I played it again and came to this,
back when i played AA, i remember that this map was mostly about how quick you were and about visibilty...Ever considered putting some fog on the map(mostly the middle part)?

David S7
May 31, 2006, 9:42 pm
Really cool map I think, even though I don't play RS, this map makes it get interesting.
Keep the good work. =)