( search forums )
Rargh, another school whine.
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Lounge
Captain Ben
June 1, 2006, 7:33 am
BCT has never been a favourite subject of mine, but somehow I've always gotten decent marks in the god-darned subject.
Anyway, we had to do an assignment on business partnerships, which explains the ins and outs of connecting with another business.
Now, as any confused and useless student, I graciously typed up the assignment the night before it was due, and handed it in smack on time.
Now, 2 weeks later, my lovely obese business teacher said that I had used perfect English, was very thorough, and overall, my assignment was one of the best that she has ever read.
On the three marking sections, I had 2 A+'s and a solid A.
BUT when I checked the overall mark, I had a C+. Why was that? Well it turns out that because I didn't use in-text referencing, my mark got dragged down that much.
My teacher said that over and over, that during the time we were doing this assignment she continually stressed to us to do in-text referencing, but me and the other 90% of my clas know that she only said it once.
Now before you go "dUrduR ctp. bnE ur just angry cos u skruwd up lolololol", this teacher is so slack that our criteria sheet was handwritten and didn't include any kind of marking system.

Yes I'm a geeb.

So now I'm gonna have a nice fun chat to my year coordinator and get all pissy because our BCT teacher is so slack.

Swarmer
June 1, 2006, 8:02 am
dUrduR ctp. bnE ur just angry cos u skruwd up lolololol

Milkman Dan
June 1, 2006, 10:17 am
I have to do that in university, and if you don't use the right type of referencing its considered plagarism. You have to reference EVERYTHING that you got an idea from somewhere else or you get 0 plus plagarism on your record :O

Also, all my essays are like done late the night before and I seem to get pretty good marks for such rushed [CENSORED] that I spit out :P

Vijchtidoodah
June 1, 2006, 10:34 am
 Quote:Originally posted by Milkman DanI have to do that in university, and if you don't use the right type of referencing its considered plagarism. You have to reference EVERYTHING that you got an idea from somewhere else or you get 0 plus plagarism on your record :O

You just get kicked out of school here and because you have plagiarism on your record no other school (except city) will accept you.

Quote:Also, all my essays are like done late the night before and I seem to get pretty good marks for such rushed [CENSORED] that I spit out :P

Haha, high five to us! I always do mine an hour or two before class begins. The last one I did during finals took me 1.5 hours, was eight pages long, and still got an A. Buuuut I'm not boasting or anything...

Milkman Dan
June 1, 2006, 12:10 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by Vijchtidoodah
You just get kicked out of school here and because you have plagiarism on your record no other school (except city) will accept you.

They have a warning, first, if its a minor form of plagarism like incorrect referencing or forgetting to reference. But if its direct plagarism, afaik, you're royally [CENSORED]ed.

Haha, that reminds me, when we had an essay to do for management we got handouts of model essays for different essay questions in our tutorial and some people actually copied out of them (I think someone used the whole thing pretty much) for a different essay question.

Captain Ben
June 2, 2006, 7:03 am
 Quote:Originally posted by Vijchtidoodah Quote:Originally posted by Milkman DanI have to do that in university, and if you don't use the right type of referencing its considered plagarism. You have to reference EVERYTHING that you got an idea from somewhere else or you get 0 plus plagarism on your record :O

Quote:Also, all my essays are like done late the night before and I seem to get pretty good marks for such rushed [CENSORED] that I spit out :P

Haha, high five to us! I always do mine an hour or two before class begins. The last one I did during finals took me 1.5 hours, was eight pages long, and still got an A. Buuuut I'm not boasting or anything...

I don't have the guts to leave it that late, but out of all the schoolwork I do, it always seems my last minute stuff gets the A everytime.

?
June 2, 2006, 7:15 am
yeah I learned to do that in high school (hugs high school english teacher that actaully friggin cared to teach) its a great habit to get into, in fact every report in my high school and short college career i referrenced in-text