Nes.

June 1, 2006, 6:01 pm
It is not.

Deleted User
June 1, 2006, 6:07 pm
No, it's maybe

bja888
June 1, 2006, 6:22 pm
You know I was expecting something interesting. Then I viewed the page a quickly remembered this is soldat forums.

_Mancer_
June 1, 2006, 7:51 pm
I see what you did there

Swebonny
June 1, 2006, 8:03 pm
Ahhhh my brain!!

rabidhamster
June 1, 2006, 8:06 pm
Neither. C'est un paradoxe embrouillant, oui?

Mothafix
June 1, 2006, 8:10 pm
Yes is the answer.

vash763
June 1, 2006, 8:15 pm
Vous parlez francais, RH?

rabidhamster
June 1, 2006, 8:22 pm
Oui, mais je ne parle pas bien. J'habite au Canada, en Québec, mais Je suis habité en l'États Unis.
yes, but i do not speak it well. i live in canada, in quebec, but i had lived in the united states.

Ok
June 1, 2006, 8:37 pm
2 ways of dealing with it:
1- If by "this question" you mean a question that was mentioned earilier somewhere, then it depends on THAT question.
2- If not (which is the case)then the question is not logical thus cannot be answered.
kinda like asking "Are you?" , just missing some data...

Btw, anyone knows that annoying "riddle".
With that tree that falls in the middle of the forest, anyone remember how it goes?

Famine
June 1, 2006, 8:38 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by Lapis_LazuliIs the answer to this question "No"?

It has to potential to be no, but it also can be yes.

papasurf31
June 1, 2006, 8:50 pm
If a tree falls in the middle of the forest, and there's no one around to hear it, does it make a sound?

vash763
June 1, 2006, 8:59 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by rabidhamsterOui, mais je ne parle pas bien. J'habite au Canada, en Québec, mais Je suis habité en l'États Unis.
yes, but i do not speak it well. i live in canada, in quebec, but i had lived in the united states.

Mine sucks dude, I have to go to that class in like, 10 minutes.

Vijchtidoodah
June 1, 2006, 9:26 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by Lapis_LazuliIs the answer to this question "No"?

I love those verbal paradoxes.

This one is fun too:

I always lie.

shoover
June 1, 2006, 9:34 pm
The Answer is both.

Yes Because even though you are saying Yes to a No question, it doesnt speciifically mean that that cannot happen. Im saying Yes to No. Meaning I am agreeing to say no, its supposed to be a double trick where you think No is the right answer and its really Yes, but it doubles back as a double answer.

No Ok I said No, The answer to a question that will return the value false, is false. Its an offset. You may think that 2 No's Mean 2 No's But have you ever heard the expression "2 no's mean yes" Also. Ok The answer to the questio being "no" is "no" Guess what, it can mean that it doesnt mean "no" depends on if its an actual question to mean the opposite.

owned

Ok
June 2, 2006, 3:22 am
Ok lets start with the first one:
 Quote:Originally posted by papasurf31If a tree falls in the middle of the forest, and there's no one around to hear it, does it make a sound?

This one, I never understood the problem with that one.
Yes it does make a sound, just no one hears it, a sound is not defined by how many ppl hear it.

Quote:Originally posted by Vijchtidoodah Quote:Originally posted by Lapis_LazuliIs the answer to this question "No"?

I love those verbal paradoxes.

This one is fun too:

I always lie.

And this one, quite simple.
The guy is lieing at times, and at times is telling the truth.
So in that specific case he was lieing... because he doesnt always lie, just sometimes.

However this "IS the answer to this question no?" is not a valid question at all... it can't be yes, and it can't be no.

And shoover, no matter what is the answer, ask yourself what is the meaning of the answer.
If its NO, its no to what? if its no its actualy a yes, but if its a yes, YES TO WHAT?
That's like when someone asks you "what's the time right now?"
and you answer "YES".
It just doesnt make sense, there's nothing to agree with.. Yes to what? No to what? the question is just not valid.

The only possible answer could be "maybe" but that won't have any meaning to it either...

rabidhamster
June 2, 2006, 3:26 am
It's opposite day.

Deleted User
June 2, 2006, 12:52 pm
we need an image macro

thekingkitty
June 2, 2006, 1:41 pm
If a person truly knows the meaning of meaning, then whats the meaning?

SuperKill
June 2, 2006, 2:35 pm
that its mean

MOFO NOFO
June 2, 2006, 2:47 pm
Is the wrong answer to this question "Yes"?

this is an edited copy n paste version. Is this do-able or not?

Ok
June 2, 2006, 4:22 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by thekingkittyIf a person truly knows the meaning of meaning, then whats the meaning?

Just check the dictionary my friend, its THAT easy.
:)
Its cute how everyone here are trying to be sophisticated.
I'll join the party:
What is harder, asking the right questions? or giving the right answers?

papasurf31
June 2, 2006, 5:51 pm
Who is bigger, Mr. Bigger or his son?

Swarmer
June 2, 2006, 6:19 pm
The answer is that the sentence is nonsense. It is grammatically correct but has no meaning. It's like saying "The sky is digging" or "My chair is thinking." The sentence is invalid.

Kyklis
June 2, 2006, 8:08 pm
Mofo: Is the wrong answer to this question "Yes"?
You can answer no to this question, because you are just saying that "Yes" is not the wrong answer to that question, which means that tomato probably isn't the wrong answer either :).

Opposite day is EVERYDAY :P. You have to do the opposite of everything, meaning you have to do the opposite of opposite day, which would mean you'd just act normal.

Eagles_Arrows
June 2, 2006, 8:20 pm
PFFTTTT

rabidhamster
June 2, 2006, 8:22 pm
^Wrongo. You can never tell someone it's opposite day without lying.
 Quote:Originally posted by papasurf31Who is bigger, Mr. Bigger or his son?

Both of them are Biggers, seeing as that is their last name.

Eagles_Arrows
June 2, 2006, 8:23 pm
I just edited my post, rabid :/

Kyklis
June 2, 2006, 8:59 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by papasurf31Who is bigger, Mr. Bigger or his son?

Quote:Originally posted by rabidhamsterBoth of them are Biggers, seeing as that is their last name.

Unless he means bigger, as in height, one would assume Mr. Bigger would be bigger, or in weight, again, one would assume Mr. Bigger would be bigger. Then again, it depends on how old the son is as well :).

papasurf31
June 2, 2006, 10:29 pm
Actually, the answer is:

"His son, because he is a little Bigger!"

ambiguous wording FTW

Ok
June 2, 2006, 11:05 pm
That's just a sentence with 2 meanings, it means both are right.. no one is wrong...
What's the point in presenting such a sentence.. I mean other then trying to join the party in any cost ^_^

Kyklis
June 3, 2006, 6:53 pm
Papasurf wins :P.

Wouldn't that mean that Mr. Bigger was the bigger Bigger though?

Ok
June 3, 2006, 8:26 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by KyklisPapasurf wins :P.

Wouldn't that mean that Mr. Bigger was the bigger Bigger though?

No.

mar77a
June 3, 2006, 8:49 pm
11 = 1

bja888
June 3, 2006, 9:30 pm
How much wood could a woodchuck [CENSORED] if a woodchuck could [CENSORED] wood!

papasurf31
June 3, 2006, 11:17 pm
mar77a, that is true in the sense of ab=c where a, b, and c all equal 1.

bja888: norris chuck wood chuck would norris chuck horse cock.

Kyklis
June 3, 2006, 11:35 pm
Ok, it would so, because if his son is the "little bigger", then he would have to be the "bigger bigger".

...what a strange topic this is.

Ok
June 4, 2006, 1:17 am
 Quote:Originally posted by KyklisOk, it would so, because if his son is the "little bigger", then he would have to be the "bigger bigger".

...what a strange topic this is.

No, his son's "nick" is little bigger..which wasn't even stated in the actually question but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.
It doesnt apply to his actual size what so ever.. unless u really wanna look at the second meaning of the sentence, which would be much farther from reality, since we don't describe big ppl as "mister bigger" we just call them "big ppl".

I prefer reffering to the first one.. wanna argue about that? :)