( search forums )
4 Reasonable Ideas (and practical)
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Soldat Improvements Discussion
Sgt. Baxter
June 1, 2006, 7:35 pm
Even though its rare that a suggestion is used... I just wanted to here what Soldat fans thought about these ideas...

1) A new powerup in the game, we need at least one new powerup, and the last few suggestions about them are good, but either useless or too powerful.
- Nail Nade Pickups - Much like the cluster grenade pickups, except this nade shoots out 10 nails in all directions as it hits the ground.
- Feral Mode (or Beast Mode) - This powerup grants the Soldat with super speed and long jumps, but it also has a greenish glow or trail (small trail) following behind to recognize it isn't a speed hacker.
- Ninja Mode - In this mode, the Soldat tints to pitch black and can throw silent grey (hard to see) shurukins (unlimited [faster than knife and as strong]) until the timer expires (should be as long as predator)

2) The next suggestion I have is the Land Mine. This weapon would be very useful, it would be grey with a red bottom so it is hard but possible to see. Once the player drops the mine, it sets once it his the ground, or a poly it is stuck to. The mine would be as powerful as a grenade, and would usually kill the player once stepped on. If it is shot or an explosion is nearby to it, it will explode.

3) New types of gostekto spice up variety:
- Hairstyles - including an elvis type look, a long haired look (different than dreads), spiked hair, bald, and messy.
- Helmets - (Pilot) A helmet with a microphone and antenna attached to it, (Commander) a helmet with sunglasses, a top hat, a baseball cap (forwards and backwards), a cowboy hat, and various types of masks.
- Facial Hair - Side Burns, Moustache, Goatee, Beard, etc. (face hair colour is the same as hair colour).
- Different Shoes - The classy old war boots everyone wears are boring. I suggest a couple new types of shoes, like sneakers, black shoes, or just being able to colour them.
- Different Lower Legs (pants) - There should be normal pants and baggy pants.

4) New GUI designed for MM, making it easier for him to work with it, because we know he hates it. For those that register, customizable Menu UIs should be implemented, changing the colour/text.
Another change to make things easier for everyone, if more gosteks were implemented for customization, a scroll box with item lists, instead of spreading a dozen buttons throughout.

I know I barely post, but it is because I don't like spending my time at forums... I have played Soldat casually since release, and I know alot about it, thanks for your time and feedback.

rabidhamster
June 1, 2006, 8:14 pm
A GUI editing program, similiar to the interface editor, but without images (just colored buttons) would be sweet as hell.

Eagles_Arrows
June 1, 2006, 8:48 pm
Suggestion #2 has been shot down for a long time.

vash763
June 1, 2006, 8:54 pm
Most of these suck.

And we won't ever have new hairstyles.

bond_james_bond
June 1, 2006, 9:36 pm
nail nade is useless. Don't suggest we already have.

Shoots out nails
"pfft."

Deleted User
June 1, 2006, 10:21 pm
i think the feral mode would be pretty sweet lol

rhide
June 6, 2006, 2:46 am
I like most of the ideas, even if no one would ever actually see a beard :P New body parts to color, and new hairstyles are great though.

I dont like the land mine idea, it would be a pain in survival mode games, and a "fun-killer" in matches with many competetors.

I like all powererups you suggested, they all seem fine to me.

vash763
June 6, 2006, 7:16 am
 Quote:Originally posted by vash763And we won't ever have new hairstyles.

Michal coded it bad. He can't add more.

a-4-year-old
June 6, 2006, 12:47 pm
tis a shame *sigh* I do wish forth thy new powdered wigs.

HYPERFUNKBOT
June 6, 2006, 6:09 pm
I've always wondered how that hell he could've done something that bad, but it's possible.

a-4-year-old
June 6, 2006, 11:23 pm
actually come to think of it, none of these ideas are practical or convienient for MM to program into the game.

RabidTreeFrog
June 7, 2006, 12:43 am
well, that ninja mode is pretty cool...just shorten the timer a bit, and its fine with me.

a-4-year-old
June 7, 2006, 12:55 am
i fear that ninja mode will just be some people who try to emulate the black bug guy

RabidTreeFrog
June 7, 2006, 1:28 am
Valid fear, but they'll be running around with shruinken. (Sp?) Plus you'd see their playername.