( search forums )
Fun with campers
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Soldat Moments
xtishereb
June 1, 2006, 8:34 pm
Alright, I've got some pretty hilarious things.

Before I get started I'd like to say I really hate campers. And in all instances Friendly Fire was off.

First, about a month ago, I was playing on Bravo in inf_Moonshine. I was on the low route, and a teammate was crouching with a Barrett on that poly near the drop out of Bravo's spawn. So, I hear him scope, and what do I do? What any person who hates campers does.
I shoot him into the death polys below him.
That wasn't intentional, I was just planning to bink him or mess up his aim. So, I jumped in after him.
Next time, I'm gonna settle for /pissing on him.

Next, a few days ago, I was playing in an Advance Infiltration server on Bravo. There was this guy who was just blindly spraying LAW shots in the direction Alpha comes. So, I jump a few feet in front of him. He tells me to move. I say no. Then, he keeps spraying LAW shots. I get right in front of him, and his next shot explodes against me and kills him. Since Friendly Fire is off, I'm not even scratched. Thank you Mical Marcinkowski. I apoligize and say I really hate campers. Then we open up the discussion about how Bravo is supposed to camp. Good times.

This isn't really dealing with campers, it's more of the stupidity of those who are likely to camp, but a few days ago, I joined a CTF server filled with "combat snipers". The map is ctf_Lanubya, I'm on Bravo, and I go over to Alpha. This guy on Alpha is there, he's got a Barrett. I kill him. I think I was in a bad mood or I just happened to go that way, but I go up to the spawn area. He's the only one on Alpha that respawns. Suprise, suprise, he's got a Barrett. I kill him with my MP5 before the Barrett's spawn delay wears off. Then, I think I was heading around to the other side, when he spawns again. With the Barrett again. He sees me, and switches to his kinfe, throws, and misses. I kill him with my MP5 again. Then, I go get the flag to avoid spawncamping. I'm not there, but I know he spawns with the Barrett again because he chases after me. And he also starts insulting my family. Because I killed him before he could use his gun. Even though he could have killed me if he chose a different gun.

Feels good to share this stuff.

Eagles_Arrows
June 1, 2006, 8:51 pm
That's not hilarious.

Yukwunhang
June 2, 2006, 10:06 am
In fact, that's stupid.

Mr. Domino
June 2, 2006, 10:43 am
I don't see what the big deal is, but I've fired on teammates who just absolutely refuse to leave their precious prone position at base when the EFC is taking off and they would have had a good chance to actually return if they had bothered to get up. I look at it as just a way in vent in game, but to waste much time on them would be stupid as well. I'm fine with camping; I just hate idiots, particularly camping idiots who can't be bothered to think or react to the current situation.

livingdalife
June 2, 2006, 10:49 am
its funny, and stupid...

TACKLEbeast666
June 2, 2006, 7:37 pm
soooo...the blue defending team is suppose to.....assault the enemy base? that'll make you very happy?

CKA Le MeSsiE
June 2, 2006, 8:53 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by YukwunhangIn fact, that's stupid.

oO lol
More conciliation man, that is just a soldat moment, not a soldat destroying time

rabidhamster
June 2, 2006, 9:11 pm
I sit in front of friendly campers. Funny as hell, cause they don't realize you're there.

Flying_Dutchman
June 2, 2006, 9:14 pm
If people wanna camp, they camp. There's nothing you can do about it unless there's a server rule that says it's not allowed. Preventing them to camp by jumping in front of them is even lamer then camping itself (Although I like to jump in front of lawshooters myself just for the fun of it :P). Give people their freedom, don't try to control their way of playing just because you don't like it.

Kinder-Slauf
June 3, 2006, 8:29 pm
Stop whining about campers, they camp, so what? they can do what they want!

The End
June 3, 2006, 10:26 pm
Yeah! Anyways I, being a barret user most of the time, don't stay in one spot for long unless it's the best spot in which case I might make my presence known and then hide somewhere close and when they assault the spot I rise behind them and... give them both a lollipop.

Coincidentally I'm one of the better type of campers who think before staying in place.

Fraggy
June 4, 2006, 7:44 pm
it's not that funny...campers suck allright, but what the heck they are on your team..i don't get bothered by them, if the enemy dislikes them they will vote kick wont they!

BlackestFlame
June 8, 2006, 4:22 am
Jesus. Camping is fine. If you can't kill a camper, then that generally means you suck. On most maps its possible to simply dodge a lot (Move erractically, roll, jump, fly, prone, etc.) and easily get close enough to the camper to own them. If they hide in a place where they are invisible, simply mod your weapons int he soldat folder to have red circles around them. Easy to see campers. If the map is very dense, you can jump behind walls for protection, and throw a nade over if a camper is just over the wall. If it's a very wide and open map, without much protection, then you can try dodging, but the campers will often get you there. But seriously. It's not that hard to kill campers. If you can't, you probably suck. If the camper owns, he probably could own you when he doesn't camp too. I camp sometimes, generally only if I hear an enemy coming, but I can also just deagle people very easily without camping.

vash763
June 8, 2006, 5:14 am
It's called defense for a reason.

Maybe he implemented the scope so you could lock down a tunnel? Dumbass.