( search forums )
can you add weapons?
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
grimrecka
June 2, 2006, 4:02 am
i have been playing around with the weapons images and values (e.g. damage, rateoffire.
is there a way to add weapons so that you keep all the defult ones as well as some of yours

Deleted User
June 2, 2006, 4:12 am
nope...you cannot add weapon slots..all you can do is change the weapons that are already there

shoover
June 2, 2006, 7:56 am
Because if you were to add weapons. Everybody else would need to get those weapons from you. And thats most likely not going to happen.

Mr. Domino
June 2, 2006, 8:18 am
 Quote:Originally posted by shooverBecause if you were to add weapons. Everybody else would need to get those weapons from you. And thats most likely not going to happen.

You could say the same thing about custom maps. I know the game doesn't support custom weapons, but it wouldn't be difficult to distribute if it were.

Keron Cyst
June 2, 2006, 6:22 pm
... until weapons start clashing in similar slots! Maps aren't the same, man.

Deleted User
June 2, 2006, 8:48 pm
aye..i agree with Keron... mpas are ok..but weapons just arent the same

a-4-year-old
June 2, 2006, 9:35 pm
making your own weapons would be retarded, imagine a game with 200+weapons some ww2 some plasma it just would not work

Mr. Domino
June 5, 2006, 2:24 am
Not at all. Individual players don't bring maps to the server, and it'd be the same for weapons. Whichever weapon set the server is loaded with gets used. As it is, all the attributes for shots and weapons are downloaded with the weapon mod, and custom images are available for weapons as well. It's not that big of a leap to think it'd be simple to implement, in theory at least.

Cookie.
June 5, 2006, 2:59 am
 Quote:Originally posted by Mr. DominoNot at all. Individual players don't bring maps to the server, and it'd be the same for weapons. Whichever weapon set the server is loaded with gets used. As it is, all the attributes for shots and weapons are downloaded with the weapon mod, and custom images are available for weapons as well. It's not that big of a leap to think it'd be simple to implement, in theory at least.

Wouldn't it be cool if maps would load default weapon sets as well :o