( search forums )
2 Related ideas ...
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Soldat Improvements Discussion
Raithah
June 3, 2006, 12:17 am
Tracer bullets. In realistic mode they show you people who pass over them, and in normal they turn the gostek bright orange/red. For example, you want to find out who's over the hill : you fire a tracer and see who comes up :). It could have a fairly short radius so as not to discourage camping entirely, but still give people a fair idea as to where someone's hiding. It sounds useless, but try explaining to your teammates where a barret shot is coming from. It gets dificult. In this way, you could just hit the guy with a bullet and suddenly everyone knows where he is. It could function in the same way as a power up (limited time) and damage them verry litte. Combined with a large ammo capacity, short reload and long time between shots I can't really see how someone could spam a map with this (exposing everyone). I also understand that this would only be good in realistic, but there are quite a few R/S servers out there now.

zyxstand
June 3, 2006, 12:48 am
you mean you want a secondary gun that fires a slow moving projectile and anything in its line of sight is shared with you (or potentially ur team)? sounds good to me. adds more strategy to the game without taking away its fast-pacedness.

so i don need anything fancy like jack to say: you have my approval!

bond_james_bond
June 3, 2006, 1:59 am
Dude, this idea is great! Like zyx said, adds strategy, but not so much that strategy is required.

It keeps the game simple and interesting..

Eagles_Arrows
June 3, 2006, 2:38 am
You got my vote, guv

Raithah
June 3, 2006, 3:13 am
Yeah, zyx got it right. It would have to be edited a little to avoid the obvious gravity limitations though ...

iDante
June 3, 2006, 4:23 am
no, too complicated, i dont think soldat should be so complicated.

CKA Le MeSsiE
June 3, 2006, 5:15 pm
I agree with Dante, simplicity is the better thing for a fluid and pleasant game

Raithah
June 3, 2006, 11:20 pm
This sounds a tad stupid, but could you clarify "simple" ? Because if simplicity is what your looking for, ten different guns is a tad much. I do respect your opinion, but could you explain how this complicates things ?

HYPERFUNKBOT
June 3, 2006, 11:49 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by RaithahTracer bullets. In realistic mode they show you people who pass over them, and in normal they turn the gostek bright orange/red. For example, you want to find out who's over the hill : you fire a tracer and see who comes up :). It could have a fairly short radius so as not to discourage camping entirely, but still give people a fair idea as to where someone's hiding. It sounds useless, but try explaining to your teammates where a barret shot is coming from. It gets dificult. In this way, you could just hit the guy with a bullet and suddenly everyone knows where he is. It could function in the same way as a power up (limited time) and damage them verry litte. Combined with a large ammo capacity, short reload and long time between shots I can't really see how someone could spam a map with this (exposing everyone). I also understand that this would only be good in realistic, but there are quite a few R/S servers out there now.

Interesting idea. However, perhaps in normal mode it should not only make the player bright, but put a circular targeting thing around them. Also, it'd probably be best as a secondary.

rhide
June 6, 2006, 2:49 am
Soldat is too a too fast game for slow moving revealing particles imo. E.g. binochulars are better, and more of a harmless addition than this.

RabidTreeFrog
June 7, 2006, 12:50 am
make it on a timer (say, 20 secs) and this is schweet.

TACKLEbeast666
June 8, 2006, 3:51 am
i know i wouldn't try to help my teammates locate enemies when i can just charge at them and yell out their locations...

T-Bone
June 8, 2006, 6:24 am
Maybe a bad idea here(mine not yours), but it could be a secondary(as already sugested), and be like a flare gun. It could have like 3 bulletes and an m79 length reload so its not a rapid fire gun? just brainstorming