( search forums )
Kill poly
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Soldat Improvements Discussion
?
June 3, 2006, 6:11 am
I know everyone knows about the kill poly and lava and such, but what about exploding poly? Im sure some mappers would love to have a poly that made an explosion the size of a nade whenever a soldat hits it.

shoover
June 3, 2006, 7:18 am
Uh-oh...

(Hides when 4-year old finds out about this post)

Unlucky 13
June 3, 2006, 8:22 am
shoover, if you think he means Worm's-like terrain, I think you are mistaken.

I like the idea, it could be useful to simulate landmines on maps, as well as areas that are bombed by aeroplanes. I like it!

Edit to reply to HYPERFUNKBOT's edit: It is because Soldat would not know what to do with the polygon, even if it had an explosion tag of some kind. This needs to be implemented into both the Map Maker and Soldat for it to work properly.

shoover
June 3, 2006, 9:23 am
u mean like make holes in the polygons?

Deleted User
June 3, 2006, 9:37 am
no not holes...just when somone touches the poly they explode basically...like touch polly, polly goes BOOM with no hole

Swebonny
June 3, 2006, 10:50 am
Wow i like that alot :)

SERIAL KILLeR
June 3, 2006, 11:08 am
minefield :o

Eagles_Arrows
June 3, 2006, 1:39 pm
YES

Yuth
June 3, 2006, 2:55 pm
Hell yeah, but who's responsible for the Map Maker?

HYPERFUNKBOT
June 3, 2006, 3:13 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by YuthHell yeah, but who's responsible for the Map Maker?

That person that does polyworks could, in theory, if he/she was willing, do it. Hardly anybody uses the original mapmaker at this point, now that polyworks is out.

However, this seems like a rather useless idea. How is this better than the deadly polys?

rabidhamster
June 3, 2006, 3:39 pm
^No. Anna cannot do it. The map code does not support the generation of explosions. It would be Michal's job.

Personally, I would like this... kinda. Once the new forum is released, I'm posting two topics. One regarding easy, great changes that could be added to Soldat. The other would be a discussion on the re-fabrication of the PMS code.

a-4-year-old
June 3, 2006, 3:54 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by shooverUh-oh...

(Hides when 4-year old finds out about this post)

lol, its ok. ? knows what he is talking about here.

i will support it if i dont have to listen to whines from noobs who just randomly explode.
Edit: why did you pm me telling me of the topic?

HYPERFUNKBOT
June 3, 2006, 4:59 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by rabidhamster^No. Anna cannot do it. The map code does not support the generation of explosions. It would be Michal's job.

It supports deadly and bloody deadly, this is essentially the same.

HYPERFUNKBOT
June 3, 2006, 10:18 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by a-4-year-old
Edit: why did you pm me telling me of the topic?

Hahah, a double agent.

Deleted User
June 4, 2006, 6:41 am
try not to doulbe post ;)
on the other hand..lol i think it is kinda funny about him getting the topic pm'ed to him