( search forums )
adding scenery
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - Mapping Help / Resources
ANUBIS_
June 3, 2006, 10:17 am
hi, im a soldat fan and want to make my own maps... but they dont look very good because i dont know how to add scenery... i go to the scenery bar and there is nothing in my list... and i was wondering how i get scenery on my list then on to my map.... thank-you for youre help in advance :)

Eagles_Arrows
June 3, 2006, 1:54 pm
Welcome to Eagle's Portable FAQ.
 Quote: i dont know how to add scenery... i go to the scenery bar and there is nothing in my list...
"Scenery bar," eh? If you are using the Official MapMaker authored by Michal Marcinkowski, then here's what you should do.

[IMAGE]

1) The scenery tab, where if you click on it, the scenery menu opens up.
2) This is a list of scenery files used in the map currently opened. The list is empty because i don't have a map loaded.
3) This is a list of all the scenery you can use for your map. Scenery files can be found in the folder "Scenery-gfx."
4) This will add a scenery to the "used sceneries" list (#2).
5) Creates the scenery. Select a scenery file, click this button, and move your mouse over the mapping area. Move your cursor to the spot where you want your scenery and click.
6) Deletes the scenery. Click this and move your cursor to the upper-left corner of the scenery file. Click to delete.
7) Deletes the last scenery that was added on the map.
8) When enabling this, you have the ability to make your sceneries wider once you follow the steps in #5.
9) When enabling this, you have the ability to make your sceneries taller once you follow the steps #5.
10) Sets the transparency of a scenery.
11) Colors the scenery with the selected color.
12) Level setting.
>>>Front = Overlapping polys and Soldats
>>>Middle = In front of Soldats but behind polys.
>>>Back = Behind polys and Soldats.

ANUBIS_
June 4, 2006, 7:18 am
it has that... but list is EMPTY.... how do i add to list... do i have to type them in? or is my mapmaker retarted

rabidhamster
June 4, 2006, 2:44 pm
 Quote:On the Soldat Website:
The Soldat tools must be installed in the Soldat game folder.

Pride
June 4, 2006, 5:30 pm
I made some of the sceneries in that screen :)

Eagles_Arrows
June 4, 2006, 5:40 pm
Eagle's Portable FAQ Continued.
 Quote: it has that... but list is EMPTY.... how do i add to list... do i have to type them in? or is my mapmaker retarted
No, your mapmaker is in the wrong location. Like Rabidhamster said (or quoted...), your MapMaker folder must be in your Soldat directory. If not, then the MapMaker cannot retreive any scenery.

Kinky noob
June 7, 2006, 8:03 pm
But where is that at cuz i have the same problem lol i noob and stupid LOLZ

Deleted User
June 7, 2006, 8:13 pm
Wherever you installed Soldat. Usually C:\Soldat

Kinky noob
June 7, 2006, 8:22 pm
I did and it dont work i evan uninstalled it and redid evry thing it is confusing

Eagles_Arrows
June 7, 2006, 8:50 pm
1) Get rid of everything Soldat.
2) Re-install it onto your Desktop
3) You will see a folder named "Soldat"
4) Put the Mapmaker folder in there. If your mapmaker did not come in a folder, make one.

Anything else?

EDIT: Kinky Noob, are you ANUBIS?

Kinky noob
June 7, 2006, 10:41 pm
Hey how do i make sceneries and where do i do that