( search forums )
CTF_JaggedHills [Not Waypointed]
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
MOFO NOFO
June 4, 2006, 5:10 am
Heres the first map of many im going to start making from now on.

Overview:
[IMAGE]

D/L:
Click

Twas made in polyworks and shaded in mapmaker+ (my palette doesnt show up when i click it on polyworks =[)

Liquid Metal
June 4, 2006, 5:15 am
The overview dont look like much but close up its 1337!

Deleted User
June 4, 2006, 5:26 am
the poly placement for the body could be better, and its a little to flat on the outside, but this map has lots of cover for good gameplay

MOFO NOFO
June 4, 2006, 9:30 am
Have you even played it? Or are you basing that on the screenshot.

Avarax
June 4, 2006, 10:04 am
it is plain, but the small water ponds are a cool idea...
the 2 platforms need more contrast in shading, and with 1 and a half route this map wouldn't provide a very tactical gameplay, maybe still intense though

rabidhamster
June 4, 2006, 2:53 pm
TEXJOOR STRETCHINNNNNG

Here's what I do for awsome texture stretching:
1)Once everything is layed out, choose the top-left tool in the toolbox. With it, click and drag vertices (not polygons) that are inside of the poly blobs, the ones that your player never touches, just a little bit. Drag around every inner vertice cluster, and your map will look gorgeous.

Eagles_Arrows
June 4, 2006, 3:34 pm
Were you trying to make this map symmetrical?

Yes, it does need texture stretching. And the floating platforms in the center need some shading here and there.

MOFO NOFO
June 5, 2006, 7:07 am
Hmm.. that was pretty good critisism considering this map was made in a day..

The next map idea i have will be made in a week timespan. Oh yeah, can someone tell me why my the palette wont show up on my polyworks :/

kalatix
June 5, 2006, 8:01 pm
Yeah, all you need to do is go to Window at the top, and click on palette. My friend had the same problem :D if that doesn't work, try restarting PolyWorks or going wo Window>Workspace>load workspace, and load the default one.

kalatix
June 5, 2006, 9:02 pm
Hey, if you still want this waypointed, why don't you fix it up like some people said, and PM me, I'd do it. ;D

Flying_Dutchman
June 5, 2006, 9:08 pm
^*Cough* Edit button *Cough*

Everything has been said. Try using some more different tones of shading and maybe colors. It really helps the map look not-so plain.