( search forums )
♠Hootie's 1337 Dodgeball mod♣
Soldat Forums - Soldat Interface Mods & Mod Making - Show off your partially 1337 mods!
Hootie hoo
June 4, 2006, 10:24 am
Basic intro crap:
OK, first, you're probably thinking "Who needs a dodgeball mod? The regular knives work just fine,". WRONG. My mod is awesomeness. It features things not in normal dodgeball matches.

Changes:
? The grenades can only be used to push people
? The minigun can be used to hover (it doesn't do any damage)
? The M79 can be used to nade-jump (it doesn't do any damage)
? The chainsaw can be used to tag people
? The LAW can be used to launch dodgeballs
? All other weapons are useless
? Blood has been removed
? Jets are silent

.RAR includes:
? The mod (duh >_>)
? A dodgeball bot
? A pretty cool dodgeball map I made in a few minutes (I forgot to include the scenery XD)

Screenshot:
[IMAGE]
A screenshot of all avaliable weapons and a lot of the included map

Download:
Download my dodgeball mod

Thanks for taking the time to view my topic.

Didimow
June 4, 2006, 5:11 pm
Might just check this one out, looks cool!

rabidhamster
June 4, 2006, 6:24 pm
Minus the weapon settings, pretty lame. You took the ball graphics from the well-known [CENSORED] icon set, and all other weapons look the same. And what's the point of the tag ball if you can't reach people?

orbofwisdom
June 4, 2006, 7:07 pm
Yeah, I'm afraid I have to agree with rabidhamster. Personally knowing the people who created the modern version of dodgeball (yukwunhang created the original, I believe, but that version used M79 instead of knife), I have to say that this mod is pretty useless. The new weapon additions only make dodgeball more cartoonish, and serve little purpose otherwise. As rabidhamster mentioned, the tag ball is useless with the standard wall in the middle of every dodgeball map. I much prefer the Dodgeball mod (based on Dodgeball the movie), which is created by the creator of modern dodgeball. http://dodgeball.soldatmaps.net/ Version 2.0 is still in progress though, and is not released to the public yet (although having tested it, I can assure you it pwns). But I suppose I went off on a bit of a tangent. Anyway, the mod looks like a good try for a beginner, but the superfluous details make the dodgeball experience a lot less fun. Although, if the bot threw knives, that would be impressive...

Edit: It doesn't, and does not work well for maps with death polys near the middle.

Deleted User
June 4, 2006, 7:08 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by rabidhamsterMinus the weapon settings, pretty lame. You took the ball graphics from the well-known [CENSORED] icon set, and all other weapons look the same. And what's the point of the tag ball if you can't reach people?

Rabidhamsterowned.

Hootie hoo
June 4, 2006, 7:43 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by rabidhamsterMinus the weapon settings, pretty lame. You took the ball graphics from the well-known [CENSORED] icon set, and all other weapons look the same. And what's the point of the tag ball if you can't reach people?

Hm. The tag ball is used if you want to use an open map. I just though that was cool.
But whatever, if you think it sucks, then I guess it does. I didn't work for very long on it anyway.

Pero
June 5, 2006, 2:20 pm
lol mate if some rabidhamster dude think it sucks, doesn't mean it really does..i kinda like the mods concept :)

rabidhamster
June 6, 2006, 3:05 am
What Pero said, just think of me as a wannabe moderator.

Hootie hoo
June 6, 2006, 5:21 am
LOL....
Well, what about the map, then? I worked a full 3 minutes to make that.

brainfade
June 6, 2006, 3:25 pm
thats not nessesarily something to be proud of.

Guardian
June 8, 2006, 11:07 am
Funny map...It is quite fun but only for a period of time.Fun span is between 1-2 hours.