( search forums )
Heretic Soldat Mod 1.0
Soldat Forums - Soldat Interface Mods & Mod Making - Show off your totally 1337 mods!
Ivan_the_Psycho
June 5, 2006, 12:05 am
Greetings fellow Soldat'ers. Some of you may have know me already for Mecha Soldat. Those from you who do, will know what to expect from mod made by Ivan.

This mod is also ment to be a total conversion of soldat, again with lot of customization and elements to choose from, but this time theme differs, as much from the standard Soldat, as it does from my previous MS mod.

I present you:

[IMAGE]

-a fantasy themed mod for Soldat

Download Installation .exe(13,2 Mb) :
[URL]
(complete easy installation)

or..

Download .rar archive(11,4 Mb) :
[URL]
(all files packed up,fonts have to be installed manually)

additionall download:

Heretic texture pack 0.3 :
[URL]

In the mod you will find:

-Most graphics and sounds modified to a fantasy themed ones
-5 sets of soldier graphics, along with the backgrounds (to give it little rpg'ish feel)
-multiple weapon replacements, along with descriptions (same here) and weaponmod stats.
-customizable unregged interface
-customisable some of the game graphic features like explosions, etc.
-fantasy'ish themed setup program to put theese all together and simple managing and launching a game.
-15 new bots

[IMAGE]

[IMAGE]

[IMAGE]

[IMAGE]

[IMAGE]

Races (gosteks) :

[IMAGE]
[IMAGE]
[IMAGE]

Following Games' resources were used(credits):

Heretic - Sounds,Graphics,Inspiration:}
Heretic 2 - Sounds,Graphics
Hexen - Sounds,Graphics
Heroes of Might and Magic 3 - Sounds
Warlords Battlecry 3 - Sounds,Graphics
Arcanum - Graphics
Baldur's Gate 2 - Graphics
KULT: Heretic Kingdoms - Sounds
Dark Vengeance - Sounds,Music
Lineage 2 - Graphics
Tantra - Graphics
Diablo 2 - Sounds
Priston Tale - Graphics
Kingdom Under Fire - Sounds

+some other graphic i googled out of the internet

And for the very end of this post, few answers - READ before you ask anything.. (treat this as a mod FAQ, i will be updating this so that everything comes clear to anyone some day)

1)-If you have any valuable graphics in interface-gfx folder, make a backup, my installer doesn't have uninstall capability yet
2)-Textures from the screens are NOT a part of the mod..at least yet. Texture set can be downloaded separately- from the link under the mod dl.
3)-Mod IS playable ONLINE, whatever some people may say..
4)-I plan further updates of this mod, as well as it's older brother Mecha Soldat
5)-The config is brand new, not forom mecha, many bugs have been avoidet this time and i expect everything to work 100% good on any pc with Windows 98+.
6)-no comment on any other mods i could do in the future, no reason to spamm about that in this particular topic.
7)-the reason why HERETIC mod? The name is just a tribute to the idea, however the mod is a big fantasy mix. I made this type of mod because i havent noticed any complete mod of this kind

Any comments are as always welcome, as long as they are constructive. Pls try to hold yourself with posting before you checked out the mod. Judging from the pics isn's the rigt thing to do.

I wish you good games, and have fun with the mod.

LUNATIC COW
June 5, 2006, 12:16 am
As always: over the top.

Rotorvator
June 5, 2006, 1:12 am
Holy crap. Amazing. It's nice to see a refreshing genre. I really like the explosions, gosteks and bullets gfx.

wolfbr
June 5, 2006, 2:23 am
very very very good

Fidle
June 5, 2006, 3:05 am
AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWsome

Deleted User
June 5, 2006, 7:00 am
Holy [CENSORED].

This is awesome.

MOFO NOFO
June 5, 2006, 7:36 am
I was thinking of remaking the magic mod. Ah well, this is too [CENSORED]ing good to compete with mine.

Deleted User
June 5, 2006, 10:09 am
omg this is a [CENSORED]ing awesome work. D/L
A masterpiece.

P.s.: Will u update the Mecha mod ???

damnnation
June 5, 2006, 11:18 am
great, i also love the idea of using heretic, i love that game!
really nice work

Deleted User
June 5, 2006, 12:20 pm
Well fark me. That's awesome.

SERIAL KILLeR
June 5, 2006, 12:26 pm
I'm not an fantasy fan but i have got to have this mod! looks awesome.

Deleted User
June 5, 2006, 12:35 pm
OMG Looks very very good!

N1nj@
June 5, 2006, 9:57 pm
speechless

rabidhamster
June 5, 2006, 10:59 pm
PLayed it for a bit, love it, but I noticed the huge variation in sound volume with the gun firing noises. Next update, please adjust them to about the same volume.

GAMEOVER
June 5, 2006, 11:07 pm
Wow very nice job would still love to see a modern less sci fi mod from ya :l also can you release it in a zip not an .exe?

papasurf31
June 6, 2006, 12:47 am
Amazing. The Gosteks are the best part.

Deleted User
June 6, 2006, 5:10 am
blood axe+knife animation=awsome
good job man..i really like this mod..nice diablo2 sounds also hehe

~AcE~
June 6, 2006, 5:56 am
Another Ivan mod?
Glee!

Awesome, two bodily extensions up!

vash763
June 6, 2006, 7:13 am
SweetFreakingNess.

numgun
June 6, 2006, 11:26 am
 Quote:Originally posted by GAMEOVERWow very nice job would still love to see a modern less sci fi mod from ya :l

hehe, i knew u would say that :P

great mod btw, sticks of doom and heavy metal...
gotta try this. : )

Ray.Dyo
June 6, 2006, 11:46 am
WOW! Awesome!
Very great job.

edak
June 6, 2006, 11:47 am
What can I say? 1337N355 Great, but should have option for zip not exe.

Famine
June 6, 2006, 4:08 pm
Really blew me a way. Hope you stick with updating this mod.

Melba
June 6, 2006, 5:04 pm
This is crazy well done!
gfj.

xtishereb
June 6, 2006, 7:39 pm
I like it. The scrolls are works of pure genius (though I think that a chainsaw replacement should be a high-powered jetpack named "Scroll of Noclip") and the other weapons aren't bad either.
Also, bullets rock.

PathAK
June 7, 2006, 6:49 pm
this is absolutely incredible

BFG
June 7, 2006, 7:00 pm
ivan i love you for this mod, i am such a big RPG fan, i loveĀ“it, but there is a big problem, i cant choose weapons, if i want to, there is no other weapon in the list, can someone hepl me out of this freaky problem please

Ivan_the_Psycho
June 7, 2006, 9:21 pm
Thank you everybody for comments and appreciation. You can be sure that this much attention will affect the appearance of future updates:).

BFG- try to open "heretic mod.exe" from where it's located, and not from the shortcut on desktop. If it worked, this means that the shortcut is broken and it's trying to find weaponlist from desktop..just make another one then.

BFG
June 7, 2006, 10:21 pm
k thanks i will do so,
respekt for this fantastic mod,
i think it's far better than your mecha mod and i tried mecha too.
keep it going

Vulbastick
June 7, 2006, 10:54 pm
woah. hahaha this is brilliant. I love it! i remember seeing like the first really crap magic mod...
whatever. This is really sweet man.
The gosteks are cool (one of the first things i look for) and I LOVE those flamer graphics ! put up a screen for one of them.
magic gauntlet thing ..the chainsaws shoot stuff?

livingdalife
June 8, 2006, 3:50 pm
kinda reminds me of the old heretic game...one of the hardest old games I've played, but a good job done on this...oh and sorry for reviving old post (if I did that)