( search forums )
2 Questions
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
killerkomb
June 5, 2006, 1:21 am
how do i play online with other people? do i download the dedicated server or somthin #2 how do i close the properly? plz answer!

Eagles_Arrows
June 5, 2006, 7:47 pm
Jesus Christ.

1) Once you open Soldat (the game), there will be a bunch of tabs on the top of the screen. Firstly, go to Options and set the type of connection you have. Then, go to Join Game and press the "Request Servers" button down on the bottom left. The rest I will let you learn by yourself.

And no, the dedicated server tool is there if you want to start up a temporary dedicated server for players to play in.

2) Closing Soldat? There is an Exit tab on the top of the Soldat menu. Click that and press the shiny (<-nah) red button on the bottom.

rabidhamster
June 5, 2006, 7:57 pm
Press the join game tab.

Echo_Trail
June 5, 2006, 8:19 pm
1) You have internet? *Joke*.. All you have to do is enter soldat. In the top of the window, you will find a wide selection of menu options. Click the on on which it is written "join game". Then, at the bottom of the window there ought be a button saying "Request Servers". Click here, and a number of servers should pop up. All you have to do then, is simply take your pick and either double click on it, or click once and then click "Join game".
Make sure you've selected online gamepley. This is also done in the "Join game menu". In the bottom of the screen(if I remember correct) there ought be 2 choices for you: LAN and Internet. Obviously you have to click internet.

I'd be happy to answer your second question, but I'm afraid I don't quite undertsand it :)