( search forums )
Ads: Soldat not starting up/lagging a lot
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Boxo
June 5, 2006, 11:59 am
Posted on general discussions cause this is important enough.

Me and many other people in #soldat.gather are having problems starting up Soldat. It takes a few minutes for the start screen to appear and it only eventually does about 50% of the time. Everyone seems to think it has something to do with the start screen ad. Only affects unregistered people.

MM, or whoever is responsible for the ads, please fix your ads asap, this is ridiculous :X.

Blackdavis
June 5, 2006, 12:00 pm
Same to problem here.

Thomas
June 5, 2006, 12:19 pm
first soldat didn't start up at my borthers pc, then i wanted to start here, same prob. i began to wonder. the first i thought of was also the adsystem :/

p.s. ahh, at last it started...

Avarax
June 5, 2006, 12:28 pm
i have the problem too

Deleted User
June 5, 2006, 12:37 pm
I also have that problem, but I also have PATIENCE... You guys might want to learn that skill, ive got a +30

Jermies
June 5, 2006, 12:50 pm
Just wait (for 5 or so). And only click ONCE.
Otherwise you get 50 soldats.

FliesLikeABrick
June 5, 2006, 2:16 pm
http://www.soldatforums.com/topic.asp?topic_id=34504

do what the two guys in that topic say. Monsoonix is apparently having problems, and doing what they say will get it to "break" faster, rather than waiting to time out, then starting Soldat

Chakra`
June 5, 2006, 2:37 pm
Maciek, the guy for monsoonix, says that the server for the adverts is down again. He's on the job fixing it and aware of the problem.

Hold tight fellas.

Deleted User
June 5, 2006, 3:06 pm
I have same broblem and its very annoing

Stealth870
June 5, 2006, 3:27 pm
I'm registered but my Soldat just started doing that too. Is that normal? :P

FliesLikeABrick
June 5, 2006, 4:12 pm
Stealth, read the thread before posting in it.

Ca3l
June 5, 2006, 4:32 pm
to solve the problem open C:\Windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts with notepad and add the following new line:

127.0.0.1 www.monsoonix.com

gr33tz Cael

thx to keydone

Michal Marcinkowski
June 5, 2006, 4:40 pm
Yeah unfortunately the ad download stops when the server is down and you have to wait a couple minutes for it to timeout. It's a bug I must fix.

Fraggy
June 5, 2006, 5:14 pm
Strange i've never had such problems...the monsoonix ads work perfectly over here..

Stealth870
June 5, 2006, 5:16 pm
Flies, I did, this was in the first post:

Quote:Only affects unregistered people.

So I asked here to see if that is normal. It was not some blind "OMG ME TOO" post. As a registered user, I find it odd that I'm affected by this too, seeing as how we are not suppose to get the nag box with the ad, yet its as if its doing it anyway in the background.

FliesLikeABrick
June 5, 2006, 6:22 pm
sorry Stealth, it must have been in the other thread about this that I thought it had been mentioned that it affected registered people too. I saw you post that and scolded you because I thought it had already been posted in here, but it was the other thread about this.

It is my belief that it effects registered people too because the nag screen [form] is still there for registered users, but it is just hiddend and does not require input. This is the same reason that the suspended.site page comes up when the ad host is offline, even for registered people

Dark_Noddy
June 5, 2006, 7:01 pm
I can confirm that this "bug" appears even if you are registerd :)

shoover
June 5, 2006, 8:18 pm
Hey, does people that get this problem, get the Leo's Realistic Servers ad?

Cause thats causing me to slow down also

JiggaBlue
June 8, 2006, 3:01 am
OMFG 666 CAUSED THIS WE ARE ALL GONNA DIE!

UGK
June 8, 2006, 3:06 am
Mine started doing that today.... Hmm, now Soldat won't even open...

Jinx
June 8, 2006, 3:30 am
Does that fix only work for XP?, Im using Win98SE and dont seem to be able to get the fix to work.

Medix
June 8, 2006, 3:51 am
Hmmm... if you had $10 to register Soldat, I'm sure you wouldn't mind getting STEAM and then getting CS, since your computer is good enough to run Soldat? (I get 62 FPS on Soldat and get 60-70 on CS? HAX!!!)

UGK
June 8, 2006, 4:22 am
 Quote:Originally posted by MedixHmmm... if you had $10 to register Soldat, I'm sure you wouldn't mind getting STEAM and then getting CS, since your computer is good enough to run Soldat? (I get 62 FPS on Soldat and get 60-70 on CS? HAX!!!)

I'm sorry, but what does buying CS and how much FPS you get have to do with Soldat not starting up?

steakerbeast
June 8, 2006, 5:45 am
posted this in the other topic, but...

Well, that "hosts" file isn't in the folder...
It just isn't there...
And one of my friends did that "fix" and it still didn't work...
I've talked to almost 20 people and only ONE person wasn't affected by this.
I just hope it gets fixed soon...

T-Bone
June 8, 2006, 7:04 am
i cant open mine...when i click on the icon to start it does the hourglass then stops an nothing happens

gold
June 8, 2006, 10:04 am
im registered, and im having the same problem and so are 3 of my friends

Lobasuu
June 8, 2006, 1:15 pm
I tried editing the "hosts" file but it still doesnt work.

My first post BTW

FliesLikeABrick
June 8, 2006, 1:22 pm
Can one of you please make a new thread about this at http://sf.u13.net and stop posting about it here? Thanks.

Lobasuu
June 8, 2006, 1:45 pm
I cant register there for some erason... it says

"You are not allowed to access this section"

when i press "i Agree"

FliesLikeABrick
June 8, 2006, 1:49 pm
close your browser and try again

edit: see http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=24715.0 for info

Lobasuu
June 8, 2006, 1:53 pm
Ok, thanks for that, but i havent received the confirmation e-mail yet! And its been like 15 minutes or something!

FliesLikeABrick
June 8, 2006, 2:00 pm
Please check your spam filter. A couple bad e-mail services (mainly hotmail) think it is spam

FliesLikeABrick
June 8, 2006, 2:27 pm
Thanks Lobasuu for makign a new thread about this in the new forums. Please continue discussion of this problem at http://sf.u13.net/index.php?topic=160.0