( search forums )
Trouble deep - My Soldat doesn't appears
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Need Help? Report Bugs!
Merach
June 5, 2006, 1:05 pm
Hello boys:
I have a problem with my Soldat program. I'd just played this morning, and all was going fine. Then I made a break, visit some automobile manufacturer web sites and turn off the computer to go dinner.
Now, Im trying to play again to my favourite game but it doesn't work. I click on the icon of Soldat exe and the computer starts thinking as normal, but after a few seconds nothing happen; the Soldat Screen doesn't appear but I have an instance on the task manager. I tried to finnish it and retry, but no success. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game, and rebooting the computer, but doesn't work.
Someone have any idea? My computer is a bit old, PIII 800Mhz 392MB RAM and MS Windows XP Pro with Service Pack 2 and up to date.
Please help me, thanks in advance

Deleted User
June 5, 2006, 1:22 pm
This seems to be a fairly new problem. It's not just you. I'd wait a bit and see if there's a fix released/or the problem goes away.

KeYDoN
June 5, 2006, 1:30 pm
to solve the problem open C:\Windows\system32\drivers\hosts with notepad and add the following new line:
[code]
127.0.0.1 www.monsoonix.com
[/code]

=)
(works at least at windowsxp with no local webserver running on it :))

Deleted User
June 5, 2006, 1:36 pm
Avast, ye Monsoonix be down!

ZcMander
June 5, 2006, 1:40 pm
I have same problem, it appear my screen, but it get looong time.

EDIT: When Soldat started, it looks missing font.
[URL]

Denacke
June 5, 2006, 1:43 pm
There's a little work around provided by KeyDon, it'll stop making the advertisements work so I'm not sure if it's apreciated here. (?)

Win XP only:
to solve the problem open C:\Windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts with notepad and add the following new line:

127.0.0.1 www.monsoonix.com

Merach
June 5, 2006, 1:54 pm
OMFG, I uninstalled the game, delete the folder, reboot the computer, download again the ZIP file from Soldat.pl and reinstall, apply the registry key and paste the profiles' files. After that I went to Win Update site and download a useless update for an application about advantages of genuine windows license... tried to relaunch soldat and it seemed don't work, after more than 5 minutes the screen appears ¡¡¡ usuallly don't spend so much time :S.

KeYDoN
June 5, 2006, 2:18 pm
its MM own fault, he should code it more stable and with short timeout, you cannot expect from ppl who even have registred to w8 the whole day for nothing cuz of a banner :/

FliesLikeABrick
June 5, 2006, 2:23 pm
KeyDon, agreed that he should have a shorter timeout, but you have to understand that it is easy to overlook such a thing. It may not have been obvious at the time he was coding that the entire game would halt if the monsoonix webserver is down. Seeing as this is not just a Monsoonix issue, but rather their whole host is offline, I suspect this will be fixed rather quickly

Leo
June 5, 2006, 2:51 pm
[CENSORED]..... I have installed Soldat 2 times for this, and I am registered :(

Deleted User
June 5, 2006, 4:20 pm
a. thanks for the fix ^^

b. I gotta agree with keydon here. problems with this form and place of advertising have been noticed before, when hosts go down or conditions change, this should just be circumvented alltogether for registered users :d

c. fix works not just for xp but also 2k --- directory for the hosts file would be WINNT\system32\drivers\etc

Merach
June 5, 2006, 7:47 pm
Well, in my case, the program always take a long time to load, eventhough the screen appears it takes a long time. Obviously my computer is 5 years old, and has a lot of "waste" and it's not optimized. I don't care if it takes a bit more to load, last time I opened it worked as usual, but times before it spend so much time that I bored and killed it on the Task Manager.
By the way, Ill try to ad that line u talk about.
Thanks a lot for ur answers

Notkeiran
June 8, 2006, 3:02 am
It just died on me right now. I was playing 5 mins ago. I quit it and like right now I tried opening it and it wont open.

Noldi
June 8, 2006, 3:05 am
I'm getting the same thing too.

N1nj@
June 8, 2006, 3:21 am
works for win2k too, except directory is WINNT instead.

thanks for the fix

steakerbeast
June 8, 2006, 5:40 am
Well, that "hosts" file isn't in the folder...
It just isn't there...
And one of my friends did that "fix" and it still didn't work...
I've talked to almost 20 people and only ONE person wasn't affected by this.
I just hope it gets fixed soon...

GAMEOVER
June 8, 2006, 6:01 am
This is rediculous already, this monsoonix crap just needs to flat out go what on earth does it have to do with Soldat? MM please just get rid of it once and for all.

?
June 8, 2006, 6:02 am
emm what if you don't have a "host" file

Unit 21
June 8, 2006, 2:49 pm
i got the same problem. IVe done evryting. nothing WORKS!