( search forums )
help map
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - Mapping Ideas / Discussions
jettlarue
June 5, 2006, 9:26 pm
i am making a set of maps that will teach a noob how to play. theres not a whole lot of detail right now but im working on it with polyworks and i will make a website to download it from. then i was thinking of making an app that would load the map by opening soldat.exe with a parameter for the map that needs to be loaded(not sure of it would work, may need a programmer if i do decide to have an app). my ideas for what i will do will probably change too though, this isnt a what to do for me, it is a what i might do. so far for ideas this is list of maps

1. Basic movement(up left right jumping and boost)
2. Basic attack(just a flat map and you have to kill some people to continue)
3. Basic aiming(targets in semi-hard to hit places)
4. Ammo Using(a quick tut on how to use the right amount of ammo efficiently)
5. Advanced movement(superman and back/frontflip and other techniques)
6. Advanced attack(complex map to attack bots, very easy for them to kill you and little hiding places)
7. Teamwork Help(a quick tut on how to get the most out of your team and how to help them)
8. Advanced aiming(targets in quite hard to hit places)
//these next scrimages will be played on already made maps
9. DM Scrimage(with bots)
10. TM Scimage(with bots)
11. HTF Scrimage(with bots)
12. CTF Scrimage(with bots)
13. Rambo Scrimage(with bots)
14. Inf Scrimage(with bots)
15. Fun celebration map

hope you guys will like my idea :)

Deleted User
June 5, 2006, 9:53 pm
How would you do a basic attack map? Soldat maps aren't scriptable, nor can you really.. make a map into a tutorial. You can, but it won't be nearly as effective as you want it to be.

Good luck though.

jettlarue
June 5, 2006, 11:01 pm
no i know they arent scriptable. but i was thinking of having a program in the background running to act as a lan server and write out info to a file when you do what is needed for the level. otherwise there will just be sceneries that tell you what to do. i understand your points though. thanks

EDIT:I have first map done. Second is Nearly finished. I am making them slightly cartoony so it will be not so crazy to look at. All basic tutorial ones start out at almost a retarded childs level of thinking. But they get challenging quick. I think of releasing it in a big mappack. It wont make people great at the game, but good enough that they dont ask the simple questions about how to use Jets and stuff like that....Actually the second level if thats what you call it, took me 3 times to complete. i will post screens soon. For what my mapping level was a couple months ago i have gotten better by a lot. Well im out.

EDIT AGAIN:here is a link to where you can dl the first map. [URL]. Hope you like it....

Keron Cyst
June 7, 2006, 2:55 am
C'mon, those textbox sceneries look terrible. :-P It's all right, I guess. Don't listen to me, tho'.

How are you going to do map #4?

jettlarue
June 7, 2006, 6:04 am
can you please give me some suggestions to the textboxes. i dont know how to make them interesting...im sure i could if i had an idea. for #4 im not really sure yet. ill make a template for the arena and i guess ill just go from there...hopefully it ends up being good.