( search forums )
Why is everyone so affraid of change.
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Lounge
Deleted User
June 6, 2006, 1:24 pm
Hey, I know alot of u guys will probablly bittch me out because of this but it's always on my mind whenever i read in the game suggestion forums. I'm not trying to say i'm right, just stop thinking you guys with over 200 posts are always! Just because i don't post doesn't mean i play less than you guys or have less knowledge of the game, goes for alot of post noobs. Anyways!

Obviously you guys with over i guess about 200 - 300 votes seem to be so against change in soldat it is really selfish lol It seems if you've been playing for a long time ( due to ur post count, not saying 200 is alot )that you seem to be affraid of the classic soldat changing and you having to change you style of play or maybe it won't be to YOUR liking. man i'm not talking about huge changes, i don't wana see a frikin tank driving by me or flamethrowers... wtf a flamethrower who even thought that should be a primary.. anyways... I'm just saying you should'nt be so affraid of soldat changing for better, it's been the classic old simple game since the first version, and i love the simplisity and i don't think that should go, but i think a different graphic change should be made ( not as in Graphics, 3d or anything lol) just it would be nice to have a couple of new weapons impemented or slight changes to the game play, i play all the time and there is something that wants something new, it's getting a lil boring selecting thr same weapon i have for years and frikin getting called a noob for owning someone lol , anyways no offense to you guys that think you own the game " there is NO WAY that will get implemented" coz you don't fukin want it too. Stop being so scared of change, soldat could improve so much and still keep it's simplicity and classic style, so stop being so nagative and acting like you fukin coded it yourself. As for over the top ideas yeh, but you need to grow out of your lil love for soldat as it stands right now. Sorry if you don't agree this is my opinion and i know there are loads of you that think soldat is perfect as it is, but stop trying to keep it in it's little box and being affraid to let it out and seeing what it can become. I'm not suggestiong huge change.

FliesLikeABrick
June 6, 2006, 4:45 pm
holy crap that is the worst grammar I've ever seen. I'll be amazed if anyone can read this without getting a headache.

This is discussion, bad discussion at that. I'm moving it to the lounge.

bja888
June 6, 2006, 4:50 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by DarrenHey, I know alot of u guys will probablly bittch me out because of this but it's always on my mind whenever i read in the game suggestion forums. I'm not trying to say i'm right, just stop thinking you guys with over 200 posts are always! Just because i don't post doesn't mean i play less than you guys or have less knowledge of the game, goes for alot of post noobs. Anyways!

Obviously you guys with over i guess about 200 - 300 votes seem to be so against change in soldat it is really selfish lol It seems if you've been playing for a long time ( due to ur post count, not saying 200 is alot )that you seem to be affraid of the classic soldat changing and you having to change you style of play or maybe it won't be to YOUR liking. man i'm not talking about huge changes, i don't wana see a frikin tank driving by me or flamethrowers... wtf a flamethrower who even thought that should be a primary.. anyways... I'm just saying you should'nt be so affraid of soldat changing for better, it's been the classic old simple game since the first version, and i love the simplisity and i don't think that should go, but i think a different graphic change should be made ( not as in Graphics, 3d or anything lol) just it would be nice to have a couple of new weapons impemented or slight changes to the game play, i play all the time and there is something that wants something new, it's getting a lil boring selecting thr same weapon i have for years and frikin getting called a noob for owning someone lol , anyways no offense to you guys that think you own the game " there is NO WAY that will get implemented" coz you don't fukin want it too. Stop being so scared of change, soldat could improve so much and still keep it's simplicity and classic style, so stop being so nagative and acting like you fukin coded it yourself. As for over the top ideas yeh, but you need to grow out of your lil love for soldat as it stands right now. Sorry if you don't agree this is my opinion and i know there are loads of you that think soldat is perfect as it is, but stop trying to keep it in it's little box and being affraid to let it out and seeing what it can become. I'm not suggestiong huge change.

Just doing my part to keep the game fun :)

Fraggy
June 6, 2006, 5:29 pm
pfft i'm not gonna read it, lost the story at the second line :S

Ok
June 6, 2006, 5:47 pm
Well, since I got this weird feeling of dee ja vu (yes , go to hell) I decided to summerize his post :D

"Why are all of you "vets" with over 200 posts think you know best? just because I don't post alot doesn't mean I know nothing about Soldat!
And why are all the vets so affraid of changes? I mean I agree I like Soldat as it is now, a simple easy to understand game, and I wouldn't want to see tanks or stuff like that in it, that would be too big of a change, but as for little changes in graphic , why not? or add/remove weapons, isn't it a little boring using the same weapon for years?
No offense "vets" but you need to grow out of that obsession you've got for soldat and try to be a little more open minded"

As for my reaction:
Screw you, bloody noob!

Fraggy
June 6, 2006, 5:50 pm
Because this game is near perfect,
major changer like vehicles would ruin it.

FliesLikeABrick
June 6, 2006, 5:52 pm
Thanks Ok for the translation, I actually understood it and am motivated to respond now.

There aren't changes like this all the time because it takes a lot of work to get a reasonable [weapon] balance in the game. If we changed the weapons constantly, it would 1) require MM to do more work 2) require the beta testers to do more work tweaking the balance.

This is why weapon mods were created, now server owners can make whatever they want. why does the change have to be in the game itself in order to satisfy you?

Chakra`
June 6, 2006, 5:56 pm
Despite the ugliness of the first post of this thread, I 'sped-read' it and got the general idea. He's kinda right. About people being afraid of change anyhow.

People have [CENSORED]ed whined and run scared of all sorts of things in Soldat, from the numerous changes in the weapons in each version of Soldat -that had helped refresh people's interest numerous times- to the weapons editor that was supposed to cause the end of Soldat.

Still, doesn't matter. Michal's smart enough to know what'd be a cool idea or not, and reads through other peoples suggestions in the forum. Has even implemented some. And enough of the community is forward thinking enough (in my opinion) to keep things interesting.

Ok
June 6, 2006, 6:04 pm
Oh shut up noob (I LOVE TEH Chakra), you've been whining soldat has gone to the crapper for years, why do you think that happened if not for the changes in the game? ( making it easier and easier through the versions)
I'm in for a change, but there're lots of ways to change it, and well, we have a much more buggy version, with alot of owning Majors, because the game is just that easy, and the some changes were implimented too fast before repairing the bug they have brought upon the game.

So those together made vets into the paranoid freaks they are thinking "oh god! please don't change anything else! we can't stand anymore bugs! PLEASE DONT! just let us have the little fun we still get from the game"

'fcourse I could be talking just for myself, you never know ;)

Deleted User
June 6, 2006, 6:07 pm
Did anybody even get past the first sentence in the first post?

bja888
June 6, 2006, 7:54 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by Okwe can't stand anymore bugs! PLEASE DONT!

lol, love jack

Eagles_Arrows
June 6, 2006, 8:56 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by DarrenHey, I know alot of u guys will probablly bittch me out because of sergykolwhip but it's always on my sergykolwhip whenever i read in the game suggestion sergykolwhips. I'm not trying to say i'm right, just stop thinking you guys with over 200 posts are always! Just because i don't post doesn't mean i play less than you guys or have less sergykolwhip of the sergykolwhip, goes for alot of post noobs. sergykolwhip!

Obviously you sergykolwhips with over i guess about 200 - 300 votes seem to be so against change in sergykolwhip it is really selfish lol It seems if you've been playing for a long time ( due to ur post count, not saying 200 is alot )that you seem to be affraid of the classic sergykolwhip changing and you having to change you style of play or maybe it won't be to YOUR liking. man i'm not talking about huge changes, i don't wana see a frikin sergykolwhip driving by me or flamethrowers... wtf a sergykolwhip who even thought that should be a sergykolwhip.. sergykolwhip... I'm just saying you should'nt be so sergykolwhipped of soldat changing for better, it's been the classic old simple game since the first version, and i love the simplisity and i don't think that should go, but i think a different graphic sergykolwhip should be made ( not as in sergykolwhips, 3d or anything lol) just it would be nice to have a couple of new sergykolwhip impemented or slight changes to the sergykolwhip play, i play all the time and there is something that wants something new, it's getting a lil boring selecting thr same weapon i have for years and frikin getting called a sergykolwhip for owning someone lol , anyways no sergykolwhip to you guys that think you own the game " there is NO WAY that will get implemented" coz you don't fukin want it too. Stop being so scared of change, soldat could improve so much and still keep it's simplicity and classic style, so stop being so sergykolwhip and acting like you fukin coded it yourself. As for over the sergykolwhip ideas yeh, but you need to grow out of your lil love for sergykolwhip as it stands right now. Sorry if you don't agree this is my sergykolwhip and i know there are sergykolwhips of you that think sergykolwhip is perfect as it is, but stop trying to keep it in it's little sergykolwhip and being affraid to let it out and seeing what it can become. I'm not suggestiong huge change.

?
June 6, 2006, 10:14 pm
Oh course we are afriad of change, but change we are afriad of is basiclly big changes, like vehicles or a story mode... big stuff like that. We are always up for change, like my exploding poly thread.. it got some support, i hear the language filter thread got some support. Besides its up to Michal really if he wants it in the game then its in the game. But basicly the over feeling is "If is ain't broke... don't fix it" I've seen games go to crap cause "great" patches came in and made big changes which caused a relovt in the community. Most people here love the game cause its simple... choose a gun and kill people, lets keep it simple.

a-4-year-old
June 6, 2006, 11:25 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by ?Oh course we are afriad of change, but change we are afriad of is basiclly big changes, like vehicles or a story mode... big stuff like that. We are always up for change, like my exploding poly thread.. it got some support, i hear the language filter thread got some support. Besides its up to Michal really if he wants it in the game then its in the game. But basicly the over feeling is "If is ain't broke... don't fix it" I've seen games go to crap cause "great" patches came in and made big changes which caused a relovt in the community. Most people here love the game cause its simple... choose a gun and kill people, lets keep it simple.
thank you. *tears*

Deleted User
June 7, 2006, 1:21 pm
Geez guys, sorry if my grammar is shhit but i don't post lol i can never be assed, i just read these forums, and for the record im no noob just because i don't post here.
As for the "vets" no i didn't mean frikin vets, i sed peeps who post alot here, you think it's that hard to post on a forum everyday. nah.

You guys seem to flame people for no reason these days, this forums gotten pretty nasty.

As for the decent replys like chakra's and the others i agree and maybe i came across like i had too much to say, but the main point was that even little suggestions people make get toasted because they don't agree.

Like you said, it's MM's decision at the end of the day and he knows best for the game, it's annoying how people act like they are him sometimes....

And whoever brought up major changes like tanks n [CENSORED] i said i was against anything like that :\

Captain Ben
June 7, 2006, 2:31 pm
God help us, you pretty much scewed up right there...
What kind of suggestions do you mean that are constantly shot down? Enlighten us/me/predominantly me.

Ebby
June 7, 2006, 6:34 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by DarrenGeez guys, sorry if my grammar is shhit but i don't post lol i can never be assed, i just read these forums, and for the record im no noob just because i don't post here.
As for the "vets" no i didn't mean frikin vets, i sed peeps who post alot here, you think it's that hard to post on a forum everyday. nah.

You guys seem to flame people for no reason these days, this forums gotten pretty nasty.
Hmm... Just wanted to say something based on what you brought up. Most of our common posters are vets of the game, and it's a forum with a population of near 99% guys :P If you are still not used to other guy's being asses to each other just in play, you need to get out some more. Some comments could go without being said, but it's nothing you can't expect heading to an online forum.

a-4-year-old
June 7, 2006, 8:38 pm
im sorry to hear about your jumper ebby

Ok
June 7, 2006, 8:49 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by DarrenGeez guys, sorry if my grammar is shhit but i don't post lol i can never be assed, i just read these forums, and for the record im no noob just because i don't post here.

As for the decent replys like chakra's and the others i agree and maybe i came across like i had too much to say, but the main point was that even little suggestions people make get toasted because they don't agree.

Like you said, it's MM's decision at the end of the day and he knows best for the game, it's annoying how people act like they are him sometimes....

And whoever brought up major changes like tanks n [CENSORED] i said i was against anything like that :

well mate, the forums haven't GOTTEN nastier, they've been like that for ages...
and I'll give you the same suggestion I give everyone, you really think you can make a change? send MM an email.. he actually read those.

Trying to get acceptance from ppl here will never work because those who agree with you are not so eager to post as those who disagree, hate is always a much stronger motive , unfortunatly :\

Deleted User
June 8, 2006, 9:11 am
lol right ok, well i wasn't really trying to get acceptance, its a forum. So where are most of u vets playing?