( search forums )
World Cup!
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Lounge
Ok
June 6, 2006, 5:54 pm
Comon!!!
I've been waiting and waiting, and no one fecking writes about it!
Is there anyone in this forum that does not know the World Cup is coming?!
TEH! world cup! Football (soccer for you yanks)

So what do you think/hope? I mean some of you have your own team in that wonderfull tourny :) unfortunatly I don't, bloody israeli noobs!!! (and to think its the #1 sport in Israel...)
Anyhow, as usual us Israelis pick our favourit team, and like most of the world we like to choose Brasil, what can I say, everyone likes a winner that actually has skills :D

MAN! I can't wait to see brasil playing, I'm not so sure if I will get that, since we have a little problem here in Israel, the bloody cables company want to charge over 110$ for the damn broadcasts, so the nation got together and refused to pay for it, and counted on bars and so on where they can watch the broadcats, so now the cable companies are warning that showing it in bars is illeagal! bah! how rude..

Anyhow, who's your favourit team? who do you think will take it? what is the ultimate Final for you?

Oh and I managed to watch a nice game betwin Russia and England, a friendly.
Damn England secked ass! seriously, I hope they'll do better in the actual cup, wouldn't want to see them go out so soon.

Anyhow, discuss

Deleted User
June 6, 2006, 6:08 pm
I'll have you know that England has won its friendlies so far. ;)

When was this Russia-England match? I cant find it on the world cup friendly board.

SuperKill
June 6, 2006, 6:25 pm
[CENSORED]ing cable companies

flab
June 6, 2006, 8:07 pm
England played Belarus in a 'B Friendly' (i.e. it doesnt count and you can use as many subs as you wish) and lost.

When we played our full strength teams against Hungary and Jamaica we won comfortably. (3-1 and 6-0 respectivly). Plus Rooney is looking to be fit soon, so we can finally drop Crouch...

I reckon we can do well and on paper have one of the best teams in the tournament. Brazil, Argentina, Germany and some random team like Ivory Coast will do well too.

THREE DAYS untill I fly to Germany :DDDD

DeMonIc
June 6, 2006, 8:16 pm
Since we forgot how to play football ( 50 years ago or so... ), I'm not even watching national soccer. As much as I love Brasil, and have cheered for them during the past, I hope that some other team will take them on in the final, like Argentina. Go Crespo power!

frogboy
June 7, 2006, 6:30 am
Australia's going to be kicked out first round.

?
June 7, 2006, 7:14 am
OK it should be a bannable offense for you to make topics

m00`
June 7, 2006, 7:23 am
Australia had a draw with the 3rd ranked team in the world in a freindly frogboy, I think they will do fairly good against Japan and the team Australia versed in the friendly were stupid little sissies that fell down and cried when somone touched them, every time they get into the penalty place they fall down on purpose and whne thye fall before the penalty place they rolled on the floor so that they end up inside of it, stupid Netherlands, and also Australia puled it off while the crowd was only 1/10 Australian

Cookie.
June 7, 2006, 8:04 am
 Quote:Originally posted by m00`Australia had a draw with the 3rd ranked team in the world in a freindly frogboy, I think they will do fairly good against Japan and the team Australia versed in the friendly were stupid little sissies that fell down and cried when somone touched them, every time they get into the penalty place they fall down on purpose and whne thye fall before the penalty place they rolled on the floor so that they end up inside of it, stupid Netherlands, and also Australia puled it off while the crowd was only 1/10 Australian

Japan will own you :P
Go Brazil! I cheer for them because they always have the most amazing players :p But you will see in a few years Canada will qualify and win the world cup :) Less then a month ago Team Canada beat Brazil in an under 20 match!! :D

Ok
June 7, 2006, 9:15 am
 Quote:Originally posted by ?OK it should be a bannable offense for you to make topics

There I quoted you, hope that was enough attention for you.
(and remember, this kind of vulturing only works when the topic is either empty of full of other flame replies, not when ppl actualy discuss it.. tip for the future attention whoring)

Quote:Originally posted by Cookie.[quote][i]
Go Brazil! I cheer for them because they always have the most amazing players :p But you will see in a few years Canada will qualify and win the world cup :) Less then a month ago Team Canada beat Brazil in an under 20 match!! :D

Like, erm I think 6-7 years ago Israel beat argentina (6-7 years ago they were much better then they are today , Argentina that is).

You can't really count on these things, plus who wants to see canadians in the world cup? I mean, comon..
;)

Btw, anyone remembers the last World Cup? :)
I think it was the last one anyhow, the great final betwin Brasil and Germany.
Oh man, I swear the look on the german goal keeper (forgot his name) when he got a goal from ronaldo after dropping the ball from his hands was so great ^_^!

I hope germany won't get to another final, their game is SO fecking boring!

frogboy
June 7, 2006, 9:18 am
 Quote:Originally posted by m00`Australia had a draw with the 3rd ranked team in the world in a freindly frogboy, I think they will do fairly good against Japan and the team Australia versed in the friendly were stupid little sissies that fell down and cried when somone touched them,
I thought that was football players in general. Besides, if the Dutch are that bad and we still only managed a draw with them...

Deleted User
June 7, 2006, 9:34 am
 Quote:Originally posted by ?OK it should be a bannable offense for you to make topics

hahahahaahah nice graham

Jermies
June 7, 2006, 9:42 am
Go the socceroos! :P
Australia poons.

m00`
June 7, 2006, 11:09 am
 Quote:

doubt it.
Japan is ranked like 17 or somthing and they only beat Malta 1-0, Australia will kick Japan ass, they have a kick ass coach.

soccer rankings:
http://www.sportsnetwork.com/default.asp?c=sportsnetwork&page=soc-cup/stat/SOCCER-POLL.htm

SuperKill
June 7, 2006, 11:13 am
yep that makes sense
1 Brazil 830
2 Czech Republic 779

Deleted User
June 7, 2006, 11:40 am
 Quote:Originally posted by flabPlus Rooney is looking to be fit soon, so we can finally drop Crouch...

I'm looking forward to Rooney coming back on the team, but do we need to get rid of Crouch? He was on fire against Jamaica...plus his goal celebrations are awesome.

Domo arigato, Mr. Roboto.

m00`
June 7, 2006, 12:05 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by SuperKillyep that makes sense
1 Brazil 830
2 Czech Republic 779

dont know what you mean, ignore the points thing, but im pretty sure those ranks are accurate, I was watching the Australia vs Netherlands match and it said on the bottom the ranking of the playing teams and Netherlands was ranked 3rd and Australia was ranked 40 somthing

DeMonIc
June 7, 2006, 12:20 pm
Those ranks are stupid. Czeh Republic second? Give me a break.

m00`
June 7, 2006, 12:24 pm
er where are the real rankings then?

SuperKill
June 7, 2006, 12:25 pm
well m00' i dont know how much you understand in soccer, being an aussie and all (dont know how popular soccer is over there), but anyhow - those ranks sure are inacurate if they judge ability and 'strength' and all.
a simple reason? its impossible that Czecz is ranked 2 while France is ranked 7, England 10, and Denmark, Turkey, Italy, Germany, Sweden and Colombia way behind.
IRAN above Croatia and Colombia? no way.

m00`
June 7, 2006, 12:37 pm
okey I guess, I mainly figured it was accurate because I know Netherlands is ranked 3rd in the world for sure and Australia is 40 somthing, does anyone know were I can find the REAL rankings

frogboy
June 7, 2006, 12:47 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by SuperKillwell m00' i dont know how much you understand in soccer, being an aussie and all (dont know how popular soccer is over there), but anyhow - those ranks sure are inacurate if they judge ability and 'strength' and all.
a simple reason? its impossible that Czecz is ranked 2 while France is ranked 7, England 10, and Denmark, Turkey, Italy, Germany, Sweden and Colombia way behind.
IRAN above Croatia and Colombia? no way.
Actually... FIFA also ranks Czech as 2nd. France is 8, England 10, and Iran is tied with Croatia and above Colombia.

SuperKill
June 7, 2006, 12:49 pm
then something's terribly wrong. its wither by polls, or blind rankings, cause there's no way czecz even gets to the 1\4 finals.

rofl and i forgot to note:
USA above England and France? HAHAHAH

DeMonIc
June 7, 2006, 12:56 pm
That may be accurate in points, but it represents the team's strenght in no way. The things SK pointed out are simply laughable.

Melba
June 7, 2006, 4:27 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by #8224;OK it should be a bannable offense for you to make topics

What's wrong with this topic?

My guess: Either Argentina, Brazil (Not a great team, just lots of stars), Czech Republic (they own SK) or sweden (cause of zlatan :D)
And I hope Spain will finaly end their World Cup curse, and for once get pretty far in the tournament. I think they deserve it.

Cookie.
June 7, 2006, 5:11 pm
83 Canada 1 515 -2

Canada ranked 83! Ha Ridiculous! :P

Deleted User
June 7, 2006, 6:34 pm
Yes this is actually a decent civilized topic..it was just so random that graham said that..i couldnt help but laugh

Ok
June 7, 2006, 8:44 pm
Oh so his name was graham? I was wondering wth does "graham" means :S

Anyhow, regarding USA, if you look at the way USA has advanced in soccer in the last 2 decades and you compare it to the amount of time they actually have participated in world wide soccer you realize that the US gives us a great hint on how MONEY alone can make a good enough team to be considered world wide class in skills...

However we'll always have brasil to remind us that you need more than money to produce a BEAUTIFULL game :)

And you'll have to forgive mister erm.. "graham" he was just trying to do something he saw others do, he just did it in the wrond place... he needs to learn a thing or to about attention whoring..

N1nj@
June 8, 2006, 3:30 am
my picks are: Bazil & Italy

wild card: australia

UGK
June 8, 2006, 4:16 am
I'm Mexican, so you know I gotta watch it...

?
June 8, 2006, 4:51 am
 Quote:There I quoted you, hope that was enough attention for you.
(and remember, this kind of vulturing only works when the topic is either empty of full of other flame replies, not when ppl actualy discuss it.. tip for the future attention whoring)
I love attention... but i wasn't trying to get any there... I honestly think you should be banned the next time you make a topic.

Ok
June 8, 2006, 6:50 am
And I honestly think you're missing a few hugs in your life.
*hugs mister cross*

Hey btw I watched a program about the french and the world cup.
I didnt know about 1982 (probably because I was just born.. erm).
Incase you don't know there was the first semi finals france ever got to.. and it was vs germany.
and the german goal keeper practicly crippled one of the french players and the judge did nothing. quite intense.. anyhow they lost.

Lots of soccer history programs now on T.V, I'm still trying to figure out where the hell I'm going to watch the games, I mean, feck me if I'm gonna pay so much to see it..