( search forums )
How do I defeat the Umuu Umuu idol? D:
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Bash Pit
Meandor
June 6, 2006, 10:04 pm
I reached the jungle, tricked the cannibals into eating my mate instead of me, passed the traps and finally I front the great Umuu Umuu. I can't use my melee attacks on him and there's no blood around to be found to perform a ritual, and it's not my best skill either.
The vines he uses to entagle me seem to follow a random pattern, and when he swallows the ground in front of him I can't avoid being eaten along with all the rest.
Please help ;_;

Deleted User
June 6, 2006, 10:07 pm
Hmmm... Did you know that you can store blood in the bottle you find right before the first trap? Or did you skip it? If you did you need to go back there, sorry. The vine patterns are not random at all, after 5 times of playing through Umuu Umuu I noticed that they go like this: Left, Left, Right, Left, Center, and then it loops. I'd recommend you to do the rituals right after he hits the center. You will have a good amount of time to do them as he won't hit on the center for a while.

There is also an alternate method to destroy him but it's a lot harder, you need to stun the vines with your warhammer leaving you around 5 seconds to climb up on Umuu Umuu's head. Then you can kill him by hitting his head. Of course he will also try to shake you off with the spikes that come from his nostrils. Remember that this is only for the experienced players. Good luck.

Tha Doggfather
June 6, 2006, 10:08 pm
Did you try gathering the 20 moths that fly around in the previous level, and making a potion of invisibility out of them by grinding them? I always keep enough potions on me for the tough parts.

Eagles_Arrows
June 6, 2006, 10:10 pm
Damn silver-starred mods.

n00bface
June 6, 2006, 10:13 pm
The good thing about this part is that you have a lot of alternative options to kill him. Before you got to the jungle, if you went through the caverns to get there, there was a room on a left tunnel full of Aetnids at the first entrance after leaving the city. If you killed all the Aetnids and went past the chest, there should have been a Strapfer staff (the triangle shaped thingy.) If you did get the strapfer staff, you can paralyze Umuu Umuu, but his vines will still move. If you paralyze him and get past the vines, you will be able to keep striking at him without retaliation.

edit:
 Quote:
There is also an alternate method to destroy him but it's a lot harder, you need to stun the vines with your warhammer leaving you around 5 seconds to climb up on Umuu Umuu's head

that's what I was trying to think of. I haven't played in a while obviously. You need to paralyze him first and then Stun the vines for 5 seconds. Keep stunning the vines once you are on his head and then switch between stunning and striking as fast you can. It's not really that hard once you get the hang of it. It took me a couple of tries at first because I had sticky keys :(

rabidhamster
June 6, 2006, 10:34 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by Eagles_ArrowsDamn silver-starred mods.

Agreed.

Meandor
June 6, 2006, 10:40 pm
I am a negron, I did not come from that side. Negron always come from the desert. So no caverns.
Also, Ville, I went back, took the bottle, dodged the vines but it seems the Idol is still intangible after the ritual. Did you get a materialize scroll by chance? Or am I supposed to go find the fox AGAIN?

Deleted User
June 6, 2006, 10:42 pm
No not the fox, every boss has a different weak point. For this one you need to find the squirrel, it's small and hides well so it's sometimes a pain in the ass to find. Materialize scroll helps though.

Deleted User
June 6, 2006, 10:46 pm
If you take the mountain path (not through the caverns but above) you can befriend the Agronox bird people and they give you a mystical bone flute. Once you get to Umuu Umuu you can use the flute and it will call the Agronox's (Agronii?) to distract the vines, this makes performing the ritual much easier so you can actually strike the idol.

Edit: Oh jeez I totally forgot that you need a wand of striking in order to strike the idol. Durr.

If you can find a wand of mirroring you can make copies of yourself but they eventually catch leprosy and fall apart within about a minute, so you have to hurry.

a-4-year-old
June 6, 2006, 11:38 pm
fear not, after the 3rd desert level you should have filled all of your bottles with water to get through the fourth, unless you are one of those Elementalist noobs who just call upon the rain gods. you should have 2 bottles of water left and a Miller light, just spray the Umuu Umuu with the Miller and it should implode from the horrible light beer. that should reveal a secret passage where there is 600,000 gold peices, but beware of the trap, you must emty both bottles of water on the chest to wash the poison off of it, then open it.

SuperKill
June 6, 2006, 11:46 pm
what the [CENSORED]

Deleted User
June 7, 2006, 1:21 am
 Quote:Originally posted by a-4-year-oldfear not, after the 3rd desert level you should have filled all of your bottles with water to get through the fourth, unless you are one of those Elementalist noobs who just call upon the rain gods. you should have 2 bottles of water left and a Miller light, just spray the Umuu Umuu with the Miller and it should implode from the horrible light beer. that should reveal a secret passage where there is 600,000 gold peices, but beware of the trap, you must emty both bottles of water on the chest to wash the poison off of it, then open it.

Failed.

a-4-year-old
June 7, 2006, 2:02 am
 Quote:Originally posted by aznbl00d Quote:Originally posted by a-4-year-oldfear not, after the 3rd desert level you should have filled all of your bottles with water to get through the fourth, unless you are one of those Elementalist noobs who just call upon the rain gods. you should have 2 bottles of water left and a Miller light, just spray the Umuu Umuu with the Miller and it should implode from the horrible light beer. that should reveal a secret passage where there is 600,000 gold peices, but beware of the trap, you must emty both bottles of water on the chest to wash the poison off of it, then open it.

Failed.

YEAH WELL IM A LVL 57 SWORDS MASTER SO GO KEKEKE IN A CORNER SOMEWHERE

Deleted User
June 7, 2006, 2:42 am
 Quote:Originally posted by SuperKillwhat the [CENSORED]

vash763
June 7, 2006, 4:24 am
This thread was really helping me until 4 year old posted :(

Cookie.
June 7, 2006, 4:52 am
I'm only Level 5 :'(

thekingkitty
June 7, 2006, 8:30 am
is there any 1337 cheat codes?

SuperKill
June 7, 2006, 8:50 am
after looking at several walkthroughs i found out its simple;
you just have to get enough sand and water bottles, and when you're in the proximity of umuu's vines, just use elixir on *all* of the bottles to get the super mud beast which will pwn umuu umuu in short seconds.

btw the 3rd level desert is uber-waste of runes and mana and it got nothing worthy.. lava dungeons are much better to get supplies.

Deleted User
June 7, 2006, 9:21 am
what the [CENSORED] are you guys talking about?....what game is this...?

Deleted User
June 7, 2006, 10:38 am
 Quote:Originally posted by a-4-year-oldfear not, after the 3rd desert level you should have filled all of your bottles with water to get through the fourth, unless you are one of those Elementalist noobs who just call upon the rain gods. you should have 2 bottles of water left and a Miller light, just spray the Umuu Umuu with the Miller and it should implode from the horrible light beer. that should reveal a secret passage where there is 600,000 gold peices, but beware of the trap, you must emty both bottles of water on the chest to wash the poison off of it, then open it.

Get the [CENSORED] out troll.

Meandor
June 7, 2006, 1:15 pm
Whatever. Noobs.

Eagles_Arrows
June 7, 2006, 1:41 pm
With the power of all 666 of my posts, I use Satanic Hacks and win the game. [CENSORED]s.

DeMonIc
June 7, 2006, 2:00 pm
I actually thought this was serious until I read...
...with the spikes that come from his nostrils.

Captain Ben
June 7, 2006, 2:44 pm
This reminds me of an idepth discussion about RE4 I have ages ago. Went kinda like this D:

Deleted User
June 7, 2006, 2:56 pm
Use google you newbs.

http://xthost.info/praedicatio/index.html

Eagles_Arrows
June 7, 2006, 3:15 pm
Post something more convincing (i.e. screenshots), otherwise shut the [CENSORED] up with this nonsense.

Deleted User
June 7, 2006, 3:16 pm
The download section is obviously down but I'll get some screenshots for you later after some sleep.

Melba
June 7, 2006, 4:49 pm
I need this game.

Da cHeeSeMaN
June 7, 2006, 6:23 pm
what Demonic said

Deleted User
June 7, 2006, 6:59 pm
yes I believe in this game. it must be true since only the moderators somehow know what this is.
lets not forget the solid proof of the link that leads nowhere
boring day in the moderator forum/IRQ/whatever? :D

edit: oh its true after all... after googling the name of the game I only find this

[IMAGE]

look at him, ready to slash away at Umuu Umuu with his large cross, and headbutt some cannibals with his lvl 9213 spiky hat.

Deleted User
June 7, 2006, 7:31 pm
Since you guys can't be patient, here's a screenshot of the CAVERNS level. Obviously. I died and lost all my essence to get you this picture.

[IMAGE]

I play a Fortimer so I have crap casting ability, but I'll rape you in melee.

Melba
June 7, 2006, 8:14 pm
[IMAGE]

Right, so I downloaded the game from the site lapis.
But after playing a while, I'm completely stuck at the snow level. I've tried to get past the rogue grublodz soldiers like seventeen times. (for those of you who aren't playing, there are more than just the three in the pic.. believe me!)
Any tips on how to kill them, or befriend them like in the 1st level? Maybe I overlooked a weapon or something that I need to defeat them somewhere?? Help!!

Deleted User
June 7, 2006, 8:19 pm
If you're a caster type then you totally need to balance your casting speed and power. Going one or the other will get you raped by the huge grublodz soldiers.

Otherwise if you're melee just run around backwards like a reject and hope they don't shoot you to death. Focus on getting some more shields.

Deleted User
June 7, 2006, 8:33 pm
you take it far I must say. made in some game maker thing or from another unknown game?

so to end this, have a NAME for the game?

Deleted User
June 7, 2006, 8:34 pm
Umuu Umuu Idol, normally available from the website, but the downloads are down.

Melba
June 7, 2006, 8:48 pm
Yeah I am a caster, I just really suck at it... Should've gone with spell skill (Eye of the troglydote, I think) and not the melee weapon (The Venomed peen-arm :D) when the hermit made me choose one of the two...
I guess I'll just go back a few screens and build up my casting by collecting some grey orbs. I just have to kill some harpees to get them anyway :)

Deleted User
June 7, 2006, 8:54 pm
If you gather enough traveler crystals you can warp back to the shop and trade in your artifacts and get the spell skill you wanted. It takes a while though.