( search forums )
Need Waypointing
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - Mapping Ideas / Discussions
Grimreaper0125
June 6, 2006, 10:22 pm
I need WayPointing for my new map Cathedral.
The zip includes everything I've made so far. It's not complete in the scenery aspect, and I can't get the Waypointing to work at all. I had it set up so that the teams would go under the bridge to get the flag and ether over or under to get back to base, but it never worked.
This is my first map, so if it looks like crap, sorry, I'm really new at this.

Pride
June 6, 2006, 10:53 pm
[URL] Upload here, and if you want I can give it a try.

Grimreaper0125
June 6, 2006, 11:20 pm
There, got it uploaded. Thanks even if you don't Waypoint it. I at least fell better that people might actually help me ^_^

Pride
June 6, 2006, 11:24 pm
Could I get A d/l link? My browser won't let me d/l off of file lodge, and I can't find it on m00net.

Grimreaper0125
June 6, 2006, 11:43 pm
http://m00.laughingllamas.com/fileupload/?act=dl&file=Y3RmX0NhdGhlZHJhbC56aXA=
There, that should be the download link for m00net.

Pride
June 7, 2006, 12:11 am
Ok, I'll start wypting it. It actually looks very nice for a first map. The only criticism I have besides the lack of scenery which you mentioned, is that the bottom should be shaded.

Edit:

At the moment it impossible to effictively Wypt. Because the red area is deadly the bots can't retrieve the flag when if lands on it. This leads to them spawning and immidiatly jumping for the flag that is in the deadly polys. The flag moves onto these polys beacause one team fires on the other and hits the flag pushing it into the deadly polys. I will finish wypting if you can fix this, other wise this map may never be playable with bots.

Grimreaper0125
June 7, 2006, 12:27 am
Thanks for the WayPointing, and the compliment. It took me about 3 days to get used to polyworks, and another 3 to get the map looking fairly good.

OK, Thanks for the point out, I'll get to work on it.

Pride
June 7, 2006, 12:59 am
Ummm... read my last post, If you want I could upload what I've done. With what I have so far the bots travel on either the top or bottom path and reach the other base successfully.

rabidhamster
June 7, 2006, 1:36 am
Regarding gameplay, Going over the "cathedral" seems to be the best route. Fly over, fall onto flag, fly back to base, fall on home flag, score, rinse, repeat.

I suggest making a curvy bottom route.

Grimreaper0125
June 7, 2006, 2:11 am
http://www.filelodge.com/files/room29/784885/ctf_Cathedral.zip
Sorry, only way I can host it now.
Anyway, got the flag issue fixed best I can with out redesining the map, and but deadly polygons on top of the roof to stop flyers.
I'm also working on the bottom route, It's kinda hard without having to destroy half the Lava and the base of the Cathedral.

Pride
June 7, 2006, 6:53 am
I'm done wypting. I'm gonna sleep now, so I'll post a d/l link tommorrow. Tell me when you're done with the bottom route, and I'll adapt the wypts for that. Btw the folder is missing a scenery, I think it's called ladder-07 or something. You are already looking to be a promising mapper. Keep it up!