( search forums )
6*6*6
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Bash Pit
Satan
June 6, 2006, 10:30 pm
All you haters out there, this is the time to strike. The year of the evil is here, the lightbringer is upon us. Blood will flow..

Like hell it will. Most people don't even know what the number, 666, actually originally symbolise. Due to a hethen tradition, this is simply the code of the beast. Most old hethen religions honour and glorify the earth, since that was the source of all life. Food, Boulding materials etc.. The nature was what kept you alive.

As Christianity slowly took over the world of religion, it had a most sneaky but powerfull strategy. It took all kinds of old symbols and tried to convert them into something evil. Like this sacred number. You might have read the Da Vinci Code. Most of it is just good ol' fiction, but the parts about the Catholics misusing old hethen symbols is good enough.

Anyway, just thought you should know
/Bringer of light.

Liber_Lupus
June 6, 2006, 10:45 pm
Did you know that a fetus starts to develop fingerprints at the age of eight weeks.

peemonkey
June 6, 2006, 10:46 pm
shut. the. [CENSORED]. up.

shoover
June 6, 2006, 11:21 pm
What peemonkey said

a-4-year-old
June 6, 2006, 11:27 pm
BOO!

didnt someone disprove this by saying it was 2000 years too late? but that person wasnt importaint so i forgot about them.

Milkman Dan
June 6, 2006, 11:45 pm
>:(

Eagles_Arrows
June 7, 2006, 12:47 am
Hey, UGK.

a-4-year-old
June 7, 2006, 12:58 am
christmas isnt the exact date of christ's birth, it was chosen by a pope.

rabidhamster
June 7, 2006, 1:00 am
 Quote:Originally posted in Satan's Profile

User Name: Satan
Satan's rather young, eh?

Milkman Dan
June 7, 2006, 1:22 am
 Quote:Originally posted by a-4-year-oldchristmas isnt the exact date of christ's birth, it was chosen by a pope.

Christmas took over the pagan holiday of saturnalia to convert people over to christian holidays easier and to try and destroy paganisms influence.

?
June 7, 2006, 1:30 am
Dan if this is kinda crap your gonna be posting i think we need to let you back into irc...

Milkman Dan
June 7, 2006, 1:54 am
Haha, it's not me.

EDIT: I wouldn't have misspelled 'Heathen'

Deleted User
June 7, 2006, 1:55 am
My god has 500 hp, and thunderbolt attack, what about your god?

a-4-year-old
June 7, 2006, 2:03 am
my god is the admin of the world and heaven and guess what, you arent a moderator.

paramud
June 7, 2006, 3:17 am
6/6/6 Happened 2000 years ago, dumbass.
I'll see you in hell.

vash763
June 7, 2006, 4:41 am
liek zomg

UGK
June 7, 2006, 5:25 am
 Quote:Originally posted by Eagles_ArrowsHey, UGK.

What?

Deleted User
June 7, 2006, 5:35 am
OK god bless this Bash pit will be removed!

frogboy
June 7, 2006, 6:27 am
Don't forget Eostre.

Vijchtidoodah
June 7, 2006, 7:57 am
 Quote:Originally posted by ?Dan if this is kinda crap your gonna be posting i think we need to let you back into irc...

Actually, I wouldn't doubt the legitimacy of what he said. Although I don't know about Christmas, many other holidays are stolen traditions that Christianity just sort of rolled over and made up a reason to celebrate. Even in Christmas -- ever wonder what the tree is for? That's a pagan tradition. The lights? That's taken from Judaism.

I'm not saying it hasn't been done before (the Romans stole the Greek gods, for instance), but most people are entirely ignorant that Christianity isn't a unique religion -- that it was built from a conglomeration of stories, traditions, and beliefs from hundreds of different cultures; not just in Christian holidays and ceremonies, but in the Bible itself.

n00bface
June 7, 2006, 7:58 am
 Quote:Originally posted by Vijchtidoodah Quote:Originally posted by ?Dan if this is kinda crap your gonna be posting i think we need to let you back into irc...

Actually, I wouldn't doubt the legitimacy of what he said. Although I don't know about Christmas, many other holidays are stolen traditions that Christianity just sort of rolled over and made up a reason to celebrate. Even in Christmas -- ever wonder what the tree is for? That's a pagan tradition. The lights? That's taken from Judaism.

I'm not saying it hasn't been done before (the Romans stole the Greek gods, for instance), but most people are entirely ignorant that Christianity isn't a unique religion -- that it was built from a conglomeration of stories, traditions, and beliefs from hundreds of different cultures; not just in Christian holidays and ceremonies, but in the Bible itself.

I'm pretty sure Graham's Cracka was talking about the first post, the one by Satan, as if Dan was bored enough to make a troll account.

p.s. it's Echo_Trail

Milkman Dan
June 7, 2006, 8:17 am
It's totally not me you dorks, although I wish I had >:(

?
June 7, 2006, 8:20 am
no noob i meant the christmas post.. and vijtch the tree and stuff aren't christian really... thats just tradition started by someone and caught on... like santa... he is not a religious figure, just a tradition.

thekingkitty
June 7, 2006, 8:26 am
:| 6/6/06 is over people, the fun is gone.

Milkman Dan
June 7, 2006, 9:25 am
 Quote:[url][/url]Wikipedias Saturnalia ArticleIt is a widely-held theory that Christians in the fourth century assigned December 25th (the Winter Solstice on the Julian calendar) as Christ's birthday (and thus Christmas) because pagans already observed this day as a holiday. This would sidestep the problem of eliminating an already popular holiday while Christianizing the population.

It is also possible to see it as early Christians replacing the Pagan celebration in an act of triumphalism.[...]

The Romans also practiced many traditions similar to Christmas; specifically the "Christmas tree", though the Christmas tree itself is a later development in the celebration of Christmas (having its origins in Germany, possibly during the Reformation). The Romans often cut down evergreens and decorated them to pay homage to Saturn, the god of farming. This was to honor the fact that the evergreens remained alive during the harshness of winter. It was also traditional for Romans to exchange gifts during this holiday. These gifts were customarily made of silver, although nearly anything could be given as a gift for the occasion. Several epigrams by the poet Martial survive, seemingly crafted as riddling gift-tags for gifts of food. The medieval celebration of the Feast of Fools was another continuation of Saturnalia into the Christian era.

frogboy
June 7, 2006, 9:58 am
Eostre was an Anglo-Saxon goddess, whose symbols were hares and eggs. The month for April in Germanic was Ostermond, and Eastermonath/Eostremonat in Old English.

Captain Ben
June 7, 2006, 2:35 pm
Grargh, I can't believe no one else said anything about the Coca Cola Santa Claus.

Echo_Trail
June 7, 2006, 3:47 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by n00bface
it's Echo_Trail

Aw, you got me there :( And I though I sounded so sofisticated.

Alamo
June 7, 2006, 5:22 pm
he has the ultimate moderator ip might.

Da cHeeSeMaN
June 7, 2006, 6:13 pm
What peemonkey said

Deleted User
June 7, 2006, 7:19 pm
According to Dan Brown's Angels and Demons, Christ was born in March or May or something like that.

Echo_Trail
June 7, 2006, 9:15 pm
Yeah, and it even refers to the bible as the source of this information.

?
June 8, 2006, 5:00 am
I havn't researched it at all but i heard that December 25th was when the 3 wisemen finally got to Bethlehem. Just chatter i heard years ago.