( search forums )
Breaking through your firewall
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Server Help
Stank
April 2, 2003, 4:02 am
First I just want to say, I would not post this, if I couldn't find a topic that had to do with this. There were similar ones but none I found to be any help.

Alright, to start things off, I do have a fire wall, and I do have a DSL Router, Modem thing. I'm very iliterate when it comes to computer talk, so try and bare with me here.

How do you shut it off so people can play in your server? I got the whole set up your own dedicated server thing, I just can't get people to get into it, for the simple fact that my firewall I'm pretty sure is stopping them. Anyone know what to do?

Starscream66
April 2, 2003, 7:07 am
You can't shut off the firewall in the router. You'll have to refer to the manual that came with the router to find out how to forward ports 23073 and 23083 for your computers I.P. address. If you don't have the manual, chances are your can download it from the manufacturers website.

Also, if you have firewall software installed on your computer besides just the routers firewall (for example:Norton,McAfee,ect.)you'll have to shut that down as well.

Devilman
April 2, 2003, 12:26 pm
so the same sorta thing applys to internet sharing programs like say sygate ?

DNA.styx
April 2, 2003, 12:32 pm
yup, the principle is the same.

Stank
April 2, 2003, 12:44 pm
I don't have a router though. Thats where the problem comes in.

I have a DSL modem, but no router...

Thats what some guy said anyway?

Starscream66
April 2, 2003, 3:11 pm
Then it sounds like all you have to do is figure out how to disable the firewall in this Sygate program or at least open the proper ports. Again, your gonna have to read the help files for the program to find out how unless someone here knows Sygate.

KiLLa
April 21, 2003, 7:47 am
ive got the sygate sharing programs its just im trying 2 figure out how i can get soldat running thro my lan ive opened the ports and it still didnt work [:-weepn]

DNA.styx
April 21, 2003, 8:28 am
KiLLa, rather than opening ports you will need to forward Soldat's ports on the Sygate gatway machine. Have a look in Sygate's support forum they have scripts that allow other games to work, perhaps one of these can be modified for Soldat.

Please post to a new topic with the words 'sygate' in the subject so others can find it better.