( search forums )
Soldat goes in campaign missions.
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
M
April 10, 2003, 8:21 pm
Wanne inform you guys. I am creating campaign missions for the VC mod. I created the first map but i haven't finnished. They will aslo come out with briefing for the mission and what to do to play campaign. You should wait for them. They are coming soon. Check this thread to see http://archive.forums.soldat.pl/topic.php?topic_id=3673 .

Evolution
April 10, 2003, 11:41 pm
WOW!
cool.
i cant wait to see how they look. nice idea M
i suggested missions as a improvement but.... :(

enjoyincubus
April 11, 2003, 12:41 am
....just because M is the only one announcing single player missions doesn't mean he is the only one making them.....

*hint *hint

Shadow

N1nj@
April 11, 2003, 12:45 am
i dont get it

Evolution
April 11, 2003, 1:31 am
LOL..... :D
shadow is saying that HE is also making
mission maps - theyre FUN!

enjoyincubus
April 11, 2003, 1:46 am
Actually, what I'm making is not mission packs...They're really objective-based missions. I'm trying to keep the game quiet for now. It's really a game, not little maps with a readme that is supposedly a mission.... It doesn't run Soldat, but it retains the Soldat theme throughout it......

When I'm ready I'll reveal this game....

Shadow

wormdundee
April 11, 2003, 2:08 am
so its going to be completely separate from Soldat, is that what your saying?

N1nj@
April 11, 2003, 2:46 am
i mean "i dont get it" as in what the f*ck is misson map

enjoyincubus
April 11, 2003, 2:53 am
quote:so its going to be completely separate from Soldat, is that what your saying?

Yes, but with the interface and gfx and sfx and character sprites from Soldat.....

quote: i mean "i dont get it" as in what the f*ck is misson map

A mission map is a lazy man's game. It's when someone makes a map on a game that can't run missions and writes a little story to go along with it. Then you read the story and do what you are supposed to. For example, the emperor of China is kidnapped and taken to a wharehouse. There are terrorists everywhere. You play as a Swat officer and you have to go in and rescue him. Then the bots spawn down in the wharehouse, and they camp there for you. That's all that happens. So really, it's a half-assed attempt at something if you ask me.....

Shadow

Duke33
April 11, 2003, 3:13 am
Yeah, thats it. By the way enyjoyincubus, have you asked michal for permission? SOrry to be a nag, but you should. Anyway, please post your game here when you're finished. Sounds cool

enjoyincubus
April 11, 2003, 3:35 am
I've asked before (a while back) if I could use the Soldat name and everything. He said he didn't mind, but I should try to make my own game. So I have permission, but before I release it I'll let him try it and make sure once again that it is ok. But you see Sonic clones and GTA clones every day on little game making sites (or at least I do). It's not that big of a deal, in my opinion....

Shadow

Evolution
April 11, 2003, 3:51 am
cool.
i wanna see that Soldat "clone"
when your done!
i love playing missions on games!

dark_skull66
April 11, 2003, 10:28 am
M....................... I love you........................ jk

M
April 11, 2003, 10:43 am
dark_skull66: Lol [:)]

N1nj@
April 11, 2003, 3:26 pm
kinda dumb idea...but worth a try

Dustbag
April 11, 2003, 3:50 pm
I don't know...that's something that could be nice, but single player doesn't fit too well in the Soldat environment because bots are so [:-censored]ing lame. I mean, you can only tell them to move shoot, but even then, they sometimes have trouble understanding that...the only variant I see is in game types.

Evolution
April 11, 2003, 3:51 pm
why is it dumb????????

please tell me :(

SuperKill
April 11, 2003, 6:50 pm
evo you gotta stop with your dumb replies..really bro...ppl are sick and tired of it.

enjoyincubus
April 11, 2003, 11:17 pm
quote:kinda dumb idea...but worth a try

Ning@, was that directed at me? First off, I've only told you about maybe 2% of the game...How can you make any assumptions at this time? I think it's very ignorant to say that, but hey....maybe its just me.

ONCE AND FOR ALL, MY GAME DOES NOT RUN IN SOLDAT. IT RUNS APART FROM SOLDAT. I WON'T USE THE SAME BOT AI, AND THE GAME HAS VERY LITTLE TO DO WITH BOTS. IF YOU USE YOUR IMAGINATION A LITTLE (YOU STILL HAVE ONE, TRUST ME) YOU CAN THINK OF MANY DIFFERENT WAYS THAT SOLDAT COULD BE TRANSFORMED INTO A SINGLE-PLAYER GAME....IT COULD BE A WWII GAME OR SOME OTHER WAR GAME....JUST USE YOUR MIND AND KEEP YOUR IGNORANCE INSIDE....

Now, back to M's topic....

How far are your mission packs now?
When can we expect the VC mod to be completed?

Shadow

Mossy
April 11, 2003, 11:40 pm
I like your effort to make a game enjoyincubus but I don't like that your going to use Soldat files in your game...

dark_skull66
April 11, 2003, 11:50 pm
Super Kill stfu he can reply what he wants! god ur such a dumbass

enjoyincubus
April 11, 2003, 11:58 pm
Well, usually I would agree with anyone who says stfu ([:D]), but in this case, I think that he's right. Evo does post 1 or 2 sentence remarks to every little thing...

For having 56K and "not being able to go online to play much", Evo has a lot of time to post here....14 average posts a day is rediculous, but of course, thats only 14 sentences for him....

Shadow

N1nj@
April 12, 2003, 3:56 am
opps sorry Shadow

i thoguht it was related to the game

like you make a new soldat map

and use some gay bots

my bad

sorry man

now it would been cool to wait for that game to comes up

or mayb mkae one using flash if oyu know how

Duke33
April 12, 2003, 5:40 am
I am looking forward to tihs. Sorry for nagging you enjoyincubus, but i just thought i should say it...............anyway, so, can you talk more about your game yet, or will you not. can you at least tell us the progress and the estimated release date?

M
April 12, 2003, 7:28 am
ok ok. I will tell.
The work is still in progress. I done 20% of the mod. Maybe if i go fast the mod will be finished the next week. I have done four of the weapons. And three vehicles and some objects like grave, dead body, a stupid looking house and a sign. I also asked Michal for how to change the weapons name but he told that in the next version he would add an text file where you can change the name of the weapons.

M
April 12, 2003, 7:29 am
EDIT:
Also i don't think that the ai are dumb in the campaign. It's too hard if you put them on impossible. They can kill you on half of the map.

dittyman
April 12, 2003, 1:35 pm
man i wanna play this game so bad
are u gonna make like a map maker or something lol
btw i think it was evo back there saying he was making maps
dude make more and quick ill help ya if u want

Evolution
April 12, 2003, 9:25 pm
well shadow.
if i play online, i will lag the crap
out of eveyone and no one would play with me.
so instead i just hang around the forums and play single player
Soldat so i will not lag everyone.[:(]
(ps not only my connection sucks, so does my comp -350 MHZ 64 MB Ram-)

M
April 13, 2003, 9:04 am
Evo: Upgrade it to 1800 mhz and 256 mbram. It rockz. I have that.

bgrathoff
April 13, 2003, 11:01 am
I've been there Evo, about a few months ago I upgraded to 1.7ghz and 384mb of ram.

M
April 13, 2003, 2:20 pm
"384mb of ram."
[:O]

b00stA
April 13, 2003, 2:32 pm
I have a PIII 450mhz, GeForce 2 Ti, 384mb ram and everything is running fine. I mean really fine.

bgrathoff
April 13, 2003, 5:05 pm
Yes, PC Pit-stop recommends that you have a minimum of 500mhz and 256mb ram.

Duke33
April 13, 2003, 6:01 pm
yeah, i have 450 mghz and 225 (or somewhere around there) ram, and Soldat runs perfectly fine, even multiplayer.

Evolution
April 15, 2003, 3:04 am
i would love to upgrade but ya know.....
im quite low on cash.
im gonna get a new comp but not until LIKE a friggin LOOOONG time :(

G2KT
April 15, 2003, 3:12 am
I have PIII 1'500 MHZ, Geforce 3, and 700 some RAM [:D] "no lie" its tha truth [;)]

Abortion
April 15, 2003, 11:13 am
Sounds like a new topic (hint)

M
April 15, 2003, 12:58 pm
Cmon post about the campaign here not what you have.

Evolution
April 16, 2003, 2:04 am
LOL..... :)
sorry for messing up your topic!
------------------
when are you realesing the missions M?

that fuking sniper
April 16, 2003, 11:54 am
I'd like to see a 'Commandos' style campaign, where you have to do all the stealth stuff, and try not to get the alarm up....

Something like WW2, or Vietnam, enything whith the commando sense...

M
April 16, 2003, 11:57 am
It looks a bit but the bots are stupid so they could see you and when the bot is on the othr side.

sauron_the_deceiver
April 16, 2003, 7:17 pm
aha but not if you put it on realistic.

M
April 17, 2003, 12:09 pm
You can't see them on realistic. But they can.

sauron_the_deceiver
April 18, 2003, 12:11 pm
No they can't.

M
April 19, 2003, 7:37 am
arC: Hmm interesting.
arC your sig reminds me on something. HAHA my little game.

sauron_the_deceiver
April 19, 2003, 8:32 pm
See! See! I was *half* right for once!

So when can we expect this campaign stuff?

M
April 20, 2003, 8:14 am
Hmmmm before eastern i think. I go so slow. I am studing to make all subjects A. Damn i hate school.

sauron_the_deceiver
April 20, 2003, 9:47 am
Before Eastern? Do you mean Easter? That's today!