( search forums )
waypoint probs
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - Mapping Help / Resources
rib
April 12, 2003, 3:32 pm
i got big problems with waypoints now. after finishing the way for team one in a ctf map now continuing with team 2 waypoints some of the team1 waypoints disapear in team 1 and appear in team2 view. the connection lines are still there and if i move the point around in team2 the lines connected to it that are still in team1 are following the point. wtf is that?

Dustbag
April 13, 2003, 1:08 pm
sometimes, the value of a point chnges unexpectedly, so just double check the values and watch out for the point having switched to team one. If this isn't the problem (when I was mapping in the beginning I had similar problems), then I suggest starting over. I had to do that sometimes.

rib
April 13, 2003, 4:26 pm
i didnt notice that i can re-check the value of a point, it did work yes.
the problem(some of the team one wp change it's value) occurs if i add more wp to team two... the problem is still there, but now i know how to fix it!

rib
April 13, 2003, 11:44 pm
ok, i now got some very big problem.
bots from blue team uses waypoints from red team!!!
all red wp are done. just started with the blue teams wp at their base where are also wp for team red exists. now the blue bots not only walk after the blue wp but also walk after red waypoints and/or stops at places where wp for blue and red exist.
i cant contine working on the wp now because the bots no longer follow their routes correctly. this is so poor.
mapmaker is in no way a v1.1 but a buggy alpha. i hope next time they fix all the BIG problems or give it a new true version number[}:)]

SiK TheGreatOne
April 20, 2003, 5:48 pm
i think there should be path 1,2,3, and 4. 1 being red, 2 being blue, 3 being yellow and 4 being green. so then u can have team waypoints and it wont conflict with each other.

Leits
April 20, 2003, 6:03 pm
So, then you have to make 2 Path's for Team Red and team blue in Ctf and Inf, because in Ctf the red team uses the 2nd Path to get back to the red flag, when they have the blue flag and the blue team uses the 1st Path to get back to the blue flag, when they have the red flag! And in Infriltration, the red uses the 2nd Path to get to the black flag back to the white, and the blue team uses the 2nd Path to get to their camping places (Special Waypoints) and if the black flag is removed (the red team has it!) these special waypoints are turned to normal waypoints and the blue team runs to the white flag to get the black flag back!

SiK TheGreatOne
April 22, 2003, 7:47 pm
u just confused me..